What Was New
Up to 30 August 2011
- 20 Jun 2012
The closest of finishes as Carlo Giorgio needed a tie-breaker to beat Alberto Colombo to the title. The March 733 emerged triumphant over the Brabham BT41 as March took another market away from MRD.
- 16 Jun 2012
A fascinating three-way battle for honours between the fleets of Lolas and Chevrons and the two Abarths resulting in victory for the Italian marque. Arturo Merzario was drivers champion with three wins from the nine races.
- 22 May 2012
Long overdue start to the history of Elfin in F5000. The earlier Elfin 600 range will also be covered.
- 17 Mar 2012
The Brabham BT35 remained the most popular car in Italy and once Vittorio Brambilla had traded down from his BT38C to obtain one, he reeled off four victories and took the title from early leader Carlo Giorgio.
- 16 Mar 2012
With the US series having died after 1972, US driver Al Lader invaded the Players Canadian series and won four races in his red Brabham BT40. Craig Hill also opted for a Brabham BT40, as did Fred Opert customer Bertil Roos, so Brabham regained their
- 15 Mar 2012
The year that "Johnny Dumfries" won the British title ahead of Allen Berg and Russell Spence. Closest competitor for the Ralt RT4/84 was the Ralt RT4/83. A bit of a come-down after Senna v Brundle the previous year.
- 14 Mar 2012
There were two F3 championships again in 1976, the BARC/BP title falling to well-funded privateer Rupert Keegan and the BRDC/Shellsport one to works March driver Bruno Giacomelli. Geoff Lees led the chasing pack.
- 8 Mar 2012
Filling in more gaps on our British F3 coverage, here is the year Andrea de Cesaris earned the nickname "De Crasheris" and let Chico Serra win the title in the Project Four Racing March 793-Toyota.
- 4 Mar 2012
The first season of 2000cc Formula 3 in Britain was dominated by the works March 743 of 'Superhen' Brian Henton. Tony Rouff and Alex Dias Ribeiro led the opposition.
- 3 Mar 2012
More progress on this early Formula 5000 model thanks to Patrick Garmyn. Also an update on Tony Roberts' car, the prototype M10A.
- 3 Mar 2012
The 1972 Canadian season was a three-way battle between the Chevron of Brian Robertson, the Lotus of Craig Hill and the March of Ric Forest. For a change, no Brabham won a race.
- 14 Oct 2011
Continuing the story of Formula B, it was adopted for the Canadian national championship in 1971, beginning a hugely successful series that lasted until 1983.
- 14 Oct 2011
David McConnell won the final Molson Quebec title from teammate Jacques Couture in their Lotus 69s.
- 14 Oct 2011
The flourishing Quebec Formula B series continued into 1970 with support from Molson. Jacques Couture won the title from veteran Peter Broeker.
- 9 Oct 2011
Continuing the coverage of the 1946-1953 Formula 1 period started way back in 2007, here is 1949, best known as Alfa Romeo's year off and the final season before the official World Championship began in 1950.
- 3 Oct 2011
Filling the gap in our 1960s Formula B coverage, the 1967 season is now available.
- 30 Aug 2011
Instead of leaving Formula B hidden in the Formula Atlantic area, it now has its own section. Canadian FB will be added soon. Can you help with any photographs from this era?
- 18 Aug 2011
The 1971 season appearances of the Lola T142 have been added, including unidentified cars for Don Inferrera, Randy Johnston, Terry Matheny and Tim Duke - plus the T140/142 of Jim Stevens.
- 20 Jul 2011
Glenn Moulds has sent a scan of the 1970 Monza F5000 entry list so only six more are needed: Anderstorp (28 Jun 1970), Salzburgring (12 Jul 1970), Monza (20 Jun 1971), Misano (10 Jun 1973), Mugello (23 Jun 1974) and Monza (30 Jun 1974).
- 17 Jul 2011
Alpine bulldozed their way through 2-litre sports car racing in 1974, leaving the category in ruins. Chevron tried to fight back with the Chevron-Hart B26, with Lola, March and Toj providing resistance. The new champion was Alain Serpaggi.
- 17 Jul 2011
A small update with the latest news. There are now over 1,450 photographs on WATN.
- 3 Jul 2011
James Gutreund has been in touch and has finally solved the mystery of Lola T330 HU3.
- 29 Apr 2011
The peak of 2-litre sports racing saw a five-way battle between Lola, Chevron, Abarth, March and GRD for the European title as well as a battle between Cosworth, Abarth and BMW to provide the best engine.
- 2 Feb 2011
'Where Are They Now' has been updated with close-season news. There are now nearly 1,400 photographs of drivers and team bosses, both then and now.
- 5 Nov 2010
The Eagle 74A was built for Formula 5000 in 1974 and the two AAR team cars were driven by Brett Lunger and Elliot Forbes-Robinson. A further car was entered by Francisco Mir. Five cars were built, including a 1973 prototype.
- 4 Nov 2010
Bob McKee was one of several American car builders to complete new cars for the new 5-litre Formula A in 1968. His two Mk 8s finished third in the first two 'Pro' race but the car later proved less effective than the Eagles and Lola T140s.
- 3 Nov 2010
The McLaren M10A was the first Formula 5000 car from McLaren/Trojan and based on the 1968 F1 McLaren M7A. Peter Gethin won the British series in the prototype M10A and customer cars sold well in the US.
- 1 Nov 2010
The story of McLaren in Formula 5000 ended with the ignominy of the M22. Designed by McLaren as an upgrade to the unsuccessful M18 and put into belated production by Trojan, the car achieved no success whatsoever.
- 19 Oct 2010
- 26 Aug 2010
As so often happens, when I announce one update, a whole load more information flows in. We can now account for the recent whereabouts of all twelve surviving T400s.
- 21 Aug 2010
Three more Lola T400s have been sold to New Zealand owners as F5000 cars continue to head south.
- 30 Jul 2010
A favourite driver here on ORC, the sports car and F5000 master Brian Redman, spoke to roving reporter Richard Jenkins at Goodwood.
- 15 Jul 2010
Indy star Bobby Unser was at the Goodwood Festival of Speed and spoke with Richard Jenkins.
- 15 Jul 2010
Richard Jenkins interviewed ex-F1 driver and team boss Jackie Oliver at Goodwood recently.
- 15 Jul 2010
A mid-season update to 'Where Are They Now'.
- 1 Jul 2010
Our history of British Formula Atlantic continues with the 1980 season, dominated by David Leslie's Ralt RT4/80. Alo Lawler, Phil Dowsett and Ian Flux fought over the scraps.
- 18 Jun 2010
The missing chapter of Lola's F5000 history: the 1971 model T192. Lola sold fewer of these than any other F5000 design but it did hold its own against its Surtees and McLaren rivals.
- 16 Jun 2010
A major update to the Trojan T101 histories, the McLaren-based 1973 Formula 5000 car. The owners of five of the six cars are now known.
- 3 Jun 2010
Al Unser won all three 500-mile races in the new Lola T500 but Tom Sneva won the title in the Penske PC6.
- 2 Jun 2010
Of the 34 cars originally built, the first owner of all but two had been determined. Now the first owner of one more has been decyphered, the rarely-seen car of Dieter Münch, chassis 71-18. Only one more to go.
- 30 May 2010
After a two-year gap, Formula Atlantic returned to Britain with a Hitachi-sponsored BRSCC series. Ray Mallock won from ex-F1 and future Can-Am and Indy driver Jim Crawford.
- 29 May 2010
The Cosworth DFX engine took over Indy racing in 1977 thanks to the the McLaren M24. Tom Sneva won the title, assisted by Penske's first Indy car design. Rutherford won four races but missed out on the title yet again.
- 14 May 2010
The Patrick Racing Wildcats take Gordon Johncock to the 1976 title, with Johnny Rutherford's works McLaren finishing second in the championship for the third year in succession.
- 12 May 2010
AJ Foyt wins the title with seven race victories in the Coyote but Bobby Unser wins at the Speedway in the Eagle 74.
- 11 May 2010
The USAC National Championship at last for Bobby Unser and the Eagle 74 from Johnny Rutherford's works McLaren M16C.
- 10 May 2010
Peter Roberts (Brabham BT21C) won Quebec's regional championship in 1969, narrowly from a determined late-season charge from Jacques Couture (Lotus 59B).
- 9 May 2010
Roger McCluskey won the title in Lindsey Hopkins' two-year-old McLaren M16 but this was the year that Patrick Racing emerged as a major force in USAC racing.
- 8 May 2010
After the Canadian national series moved to Formula A in 1969, the Quebec Region decided to launch a Formula B series. The success of the series helped persuade CASC to move to FB for 1971 and create a series that lasted unto 2009.
- 7 May 2010
A new 1600cc national formula was introduced as well as an All-Ireland championship. John Watson was the first champion.
- 6 May 2010
The year of the classic Eagle 72, the refined McLaren M16B and Maurice Philippe's Parnelli VPJ1; and a second title for Joe Leonard ahead of "superteam" teammates Mario Andretti and Al Unser..
- 5 May 2010
A short introduction to our forthcoming series on Irish 1600cc and libre racing in the 1960s.
- 4 May 2010
As well as an update to the driver profiles, there are now 650 images on the site, most of them never seen before.
- 3 May 2010
The champions of the American SCCA and USAC FSV series from 1971 to 1990.
- 2 May 2010
The first season where the championship ran only on paved ovals. The McLarens were the quickest, the Eagles nearly as quick ... but Joe Leonard accrued the points to become champion.
- 1 May 2010
The idea of ARS had been to showcase US talent but the first season was won by Italian Formula 3 driver Fabrizio Barbazza driving the Arciero Brothers entry.
- 30 Apr 2010
ARS was devised as a feeder series for CART in the mid-1980s. It changed its name to Indy Lights in 1991 and continued until 2001. IRL's replacement series is still running today.
- 30 Mar 2010
And finally the last use of the Can-Am name for a contemporary racing car, the Shelby Can-Am.
- 30 Mar 2010
To round out the story of the Can-Am series, here's the final season that the cars raced, now without the Can-Am name.
- 30 Mar 2010
It's nearly over: Horst Kroll wins the 1986 Can-Am title and also the 1986 CAT title.
- 29 Mar 2010
Rick Miaskiewicz wins the 1985 Can-Am title in the ex-Unser/ex-Villeneuve Frissbee.
- 15 Mar 2010
A review of the 1984 Can-Am season which saw just two competitive entries remaining, the old VDS cars now driven by Michael Roe and the March 847 of Jim Crawford.
- 6 Mar 2010
A biography of 1940s/1950s midget and sprint driver Roscoe Rann (1917-1976).
- 5 Mar 2010
The year Can-Am nearly died. A review of 'Uncle' Jacques Villeneuve's battle with Jim Crawford for the 1983 Can-Am Challenge Cup.
- 1 Mar 2010
After three seasons of huge success, the fortunes of Can-Am started to change in 1982. Al Unser Jr won the title in the Galles Frissbee.
- 26 Feb 2010
Haas beaten at last; the VDS and the March 817 appear - it's all in the 1981 Can-Am season review.
- 22 Feb 2010
The 1980 Can-Am season saw a major change of technology with Lola T530s and Al Holbert's CAC-1 winning all the races.
- 18 Feb 2010
The 1979 Can-Am Challenge Cup: another star gets the Carl Haas Lola T332CS and the Can-Am crown; this time it's Jackie Ickx.
- 16 Feb 2010
Alan Jones jumps into the Carl Haas Lola T333CS and dominates the 1978 Can-Am - a season review.
- 14 Feb 2010
A review of the 1977 Can-Am season, the first of the new Single-Seat Can-Am won by Patrick Tambay in Carl Haas's Lola T333CS.
- 6 Feb 2010
After an unexplained delay, here are the 1960 Australian Gold Star and International season review.
- 28 Jan 2010
As well as many more updates to biographies, date of birth and other details, there are now over 500 photographs available. Please get in touch of you can help with any driver photos.
- 9 Jan 2010
More Chevron B19s have been resolved as this apparently endless quest continues.
- 11 Dec 2009
WATN has been expanded to include 'then' and 'now' photographs of all the drivers and team bosses. We have around 300 photographs in this first version and more are being added every day. Please get in touch if you can help.
- 1 Dec 2009
Updates for the 2010 season plus 16 early Indy 500 mysteries solved and updates on 18 of the more obscure F3000 drivers.
- 21 Nov 2009
- 15 Nov 2009
The story of Gunnar Nilsson's 1975 British Formula 3 title. Season review and results now available.
- 9 Nov 2009
Results and review of the 1978 British Formula 3 season, the last season to have two rival British championships.
- 2 Nov 2009
Further progress on the Chevron B19s, notably resolving the Peter Wright and John Cole mystery cars from 1973 and 1974. Also progress on the late-1970s US cars and myriad smaller updates.
- 1 Nov 2009
You can now follow OldRacingCars.com updates on Twitter.
- 1 Nov 2009
If you know what to do with an RSS fee, please enjoy this one. If you don't, follow the link to learn more.
- 28 Oct 2009
Thanks to Richard Coe and Simon Thomas, only eight European F5000 programmes are still to be located. Were you at Anderstorp, Monza, Salzburgring or Zolder in 1970, at Monza in 1971, at Misano in 1973 or at Monza or Mugello in 1974?
- 18 Oct 2009
Detailed results and review of the 1969 Formula 2 season are now available.
- 10 Oct 2009
Detailed results and review of the 1965 Formula B season are now available.
- 7 Oct 2009
- 5 Oct 2009
1961 Australian Gold Star and International season review and results now available - the first season with significant overseas presence for the Internationals that would grown into the Tasman series
- 4 Oct 2009
1962 Australian Gold Star and International season review and results now available. Entry lists and full results are still required for many of these races so please check if you have anything that could help.
- 3 Oct 2009
1984 isn't quite ready so here are the 1985 British Formula 3 results and season review. That's 104 races so far.
- 2 Oct 2009
1963 Australian Gold Star and International season review and results now available.
- 1 Oct 2009
The dramatic 1983 British Formula 3 season is now online; the battle to the wire between Martin Brundle and eventual champion Ayrton Senna.
- 30 Sep 2009
Great progress on the program hunt. Thanks to Richard Coe, only ten more European Formula 5000 programs are still needed and the South African F1 and USAC hunts have also progressed.
- 29 Sep 2009
The 1980 British Formula 3 full results and season review are now available, as a consolation for the mistake yesterday that saw the 1980 results on the 1981 page. Two more seasons will follow shortly.
- 25 Sep 2009
- The 1970 US Formula B series results are now available. A mass of minor updates have been made to other pages, the most significant of which is probably to the Chevron B19 page where there has been the usual strong flow of contributions.
- 3 Sep 2009
- A picture of the Leda LT22 on its debut provided by John Ballantyne and more on McLaren M10B chassis 400-21 from later owners Jim Griffin and Edd Ozard.
- 21 Aug 2009
- The 1968 US Formula B series, a year in which FB ran as a class amongst the much faster Formula A cars. Included in this is a summary of Divisional FB racing that season. Also an update on the Chevron B19s, where another car, Red Rose Racing's B19-71-26, has been traced to its subsequent owners.
- 7 Aug 2009
- The 1976 New Zealand F5000 Internationals, filling in the last few gaps in our F5000 coverage. Also an update to the Chevron B19s, where the DART cars have been identified and seven more mystery cars have been resolved.
- 24 Jul 2009
- Another slice of Chevron B19 history, going through the Skoda Super Saloon period of the late '70s and early 80's into the HSCC Historic GT Championship of the early 1980s. More car histories are becoming clear as many of the cars running in that HSCC series are still running today.
- 21 Jul 2009
- Great progress on the Chevron B19s where the 1972 mystery cars of Arthur Collier and Emile Elias have been resolved plus the 1973/74 mystery car of Richard Simms.
- 20 Jul 2009
- Results for the British MCD/Southern Organs series 1975 are now available. Also season reviews of the 1975 British Formula Atlantic season and the 1976 British Formula Atlantic season.
- 19 Jul 2009
- Further season reviews of the 1973 British Formula Atlantic season and the 1974 British Formula Atlantic season. Also, yet more new information on the Chevron B19.
- 18 Jul 2009
- Full results for the 1972 British Formula Atlantic season. Also, a season review of the 1971 British Formula Atlantic season and a new British Formula Atlantic page. More seasons reviews will follow soon.
- 11 Jul 2009
- Some F5000 car movements to report: Warwick Mortimer has bought Surtees TS5 002, Peter Sundberg has Lola T330/T332 HU22, Steve Ross has McRae GM1 009 and Frank Karl has McLaren M10B 400-18. The Gardos is also expected to run in the 2009/2010 Tasman Revival series.
- 10 Jul 2009
- Dates for the 2009/2010 Tasman Revival F5000 races are now available. Also, Richard Jenkins has posted an interview with Basil Van Rooyen.
- 26 Jun 2009
- Information on the Chevron B19 continues to flood in so just an interim update today. Lots of small changes around the site, including some subtle changes to the images which I won't itemise. In the F5000 world, Peter Lindenberg has bought McLaren M10B 400-08, Dean Saunders has bought the Bowin P8 F5000 car and Neil Glover has bought Lola T332C HU61.
- 23 May 2009
- As promised, more information on the Chevron B19. There is still more that I haven't sorted through yet. The multitude of unknown cars have now been split into three groups, the 1975-1989 group, the 1990-1999 group and the post-2000 group. If you can identify the previous or subsequent owners of any of these cars, please get in touch.
- 14 May 2009
- Huge amounts of new information has arrived on the Chevron B19 so here's an interim update. More to follow over the next few days.
- 13 May 2009
- A new history, the Chevron B19 2-litre sports car. This car has been a favourite in historic racing since 1977 and a number of new cars were built in the 1980s, further complicating the histories of the original 32 cars. Information is also sought on the F2 Chevron B10.
- 29 Apr 2009
- An update to the Formula A Eagle. Two of these cars are now racing in US vintage racing with the location of a further five cars now known.
- 28 Mar 2009
- Also in this morning's race were a Chevron B24, a Lola T190, three Lola T330s, three Lola T332s, three Lola T400s, two Lola T430s , two Marchs that are listed on the March 73A page, a Matich A50 and a McLaren M10B. All pages have been suitably updated.
- 28 Mar 2009
- An extensive update of the McRae GM1 histories, bringing most of the histories up to date. Peter Burson drove a GM1 in this morning's Formula 5000 Tasman Cup Revival at the Australian GP meeting.
- 27 Mar 2009
- Some excellent 1970 photographs from Keith Lewcock, including a rare shot of the Leda LT20 plus shots of Genley and Gethin in their McLaren M10Bs.
- 20 Mar 2009
- More updates on the Lola T300: Chris Pederson now has HU6, Andrew Kluver has bought HU15 and Jay Braffett still has HU16. Ownership updates on the other T300s would be most welcome.
- 15 Mar 2009
- The full results of the 1952 and 1953 Formula 1 seasons, continuing the early F1 coverage that started in late 2007 before certain distractions arrived.
- 17 Feb 2009
- A first set of car histories for Indy racing, the 1965 Lotus 38. Further Indy car histories will be added but there is a real shortage of (usable) photographs at present. Can you help?
- 12 Feb 2009
- A schedule of F5000 races for 2009 has been added. If anyone knows UK or European race dates for 2009, please let me know. Also happy to add NZ/Australian dates if it's not too late.
- 8 Feb 2009
- A full history of 1968-69 Formula A Eagle 510, Tony Adamowicz's 1969 championship car now reunited with Tony A-Z in US vintage racing.
- 5 Feb 2009
- The first 2009 version of Richard Jenkins' Where Are They Now. PS Join the Facebook page to get a better idea of why OldRacingcars.com seems quiet at the moment.
- 2 Dec 2008
- The Echappement collection continues to grow. Thanks again to Andrew Fellowes for his ongoing support. We still need most of the first ten editions - a loan or a photocopy would be fine if anyone has these in their collection.
- 23 Nov 2008
- A set of minor updates to the Cooper T53 histories.
- 20 Nov 2008
- More Formula 2: the 1970 season results. 98% of the cars are identified - just a few Tecnos to sort out in due course.
- 28 Oct 2008
- Much new information on the Chevron B24, an old favourite of ours. Former B24 drivers Duane Eitel and Chris Townrow have moved the story forward a few more steps.
- 4 Oct 2008
- The Formula Atlantic program search has moved one step close to completion thanks to our tenacious friend Adam Ferrington. Now just six to go.
- 27 Sep 2008
- New F5000 car histories: the March 75A and Modus M5. A great batch of pictures from Brian Ellis have inspired publication of these long-overdue histories.
- 25 Sep 2008
- The new update to Where Are They Now. Richard Jenkins continues to add biographical data, especially for some of the lesser known racers.
- 22 Sep 2008
- Back to Formula B for the 1969 US FB results. As well as the Pro series, brief details of the SCCA National series are also included.
- 21 Sep 2008
- More F5000 updates: the McRae GM2 is still owned by Mike Brayton and Eagle Mk 5 chassis 514 is now known to have died at Pikes Peak in the 1970s.
- 11 Sep 2008
- There's now a way to keep up with what we're working on before it gets published. Join the Facebook page and we'll send updates on a regular basis. It's also a place where you can tell us what you'd like to see in the future.
- 19 Aug 2008
- An update on the Lola T142 but not a lot has changed, just Reto Kuprecht buying Roger Stones' 'SL142/20'. Any other updates on where the T142s are now would be most welcome.
- 28 Jul 2008
- More on the Lola T140 as I start updating the F5000 histories. Thanks to Phil "Butch" Hollenbeck, Ed Butt, James Bryant, Bill Wiswedel and Richard Summers for a mass of new information.
- 27 Jul 2008
- Back to Formula 1 and the addition of three of the major libre races of 1951: the Festival of Britain Trophy at Goodwood in May, won by Reg Parnell in the Thinwall Ferrari; the Kenning Trophy at Gamston in July and the Daily Mail Trophy Race at Boreham in August, both won by ERAs.
- 25 Jul 2008
- Eight more Canadian Formula Atlantic programs kindly provided by the indefatigable Don Markle. Many US F/Atlantic programs are still needed.
- 24 Jul 2008
- More new Atlantic results, the 1974 Canadian Formula Atlantic season. The current 'Cooper Tires Presents The Champ Car Atlantic Championship Powered by Mazda' traces its history back to 1974, ignoring the preceding three seasons of FB.
- 23 Jul 2008
- Enough FSV? Enough Atlantic? But still an appetite for more Ralts? Maybe you'd like to try some Formula 3. Here are the UK 1982 season results and car histories - thanks once again to Chris Townsend.
- 22 Jul 2008
- To continue the Villeneuve and Formula Atlantic theme, the results of the 1976 Canadian Formula Atlantic season and the IMSA 1976 season, both completed dominated by Gilles Villeneuve .
- 21 Jul 2008
- More Formula Atlantic today: the results of the US 1981 season. Jacques Villeneuve won his successive second title, equalling the record of elder brother Gilles.
- 20 Jul 2008
- No, we haven't forgotten about Formula Atlantic. The US 1982 season is now complete and three more seasons will follow shortly.
- 19 Jul 2008
- Ready for some more FSV? The US 1985 season is now ready. Please help us fill in the few remaining gaps in these results.
- 14 Jul 2008
- The latest edition of Where Are They Now. Richard Jenkins is now filling in biographical data on some of the more obscure racers - do help if you can.
- 6 Jul 2008
- More Formula Super Vee as we dip back into the air-cooled, space-frame 1970s and the results of the US 1975 season.
- 22 Jun 2008
- Formula Super Vee makes a long-awaited return to the pages of ORC with the publication of the US 1981 and US 1982 seasons. All contributions to this new avenue of research would be welcomed.
- 22 May 2008
- More on both the Rennmax histories (BN1, BN2 and BN3) and on the Brabham BT2. Most Rennmaxes have now been located but more period photographs would be a great help.
- 17 May 2008
- Another new history, the Brabham BT2, part of ORC's continuing collaboration with 10 Tenths' Chassis Archive.
- 5 May 2008
- A follow up on the Rennmax histories (BN1, BN2 and BN3).
- 3 May 2008
- A significant revamp to the Eagle Mk 5 histories thanks to Kathy Weida at AAR and Eagle historian John Zimmermann, who kindly provided details from AAR files identifying the first owner of each chassis.
- 27 Apr 2008
- Another new set of histories: Bob Britton's Rennmax marque and his BN1, BN2 and BN3 single-seat designs.
- 26 Apr 2008
- A new history, the 1968-1969 Formula A Eagle Mk 5. 14 cars, lots of pictures and lots of mysteries still to solve. Any help, records or photographs would be most welcome.
- 4 Apr 2008
- Where Are They Now gets its second update of the year. Thanks Richard - it's as impressive as ever. And meanwhile, the rest of ORC is beginning to stir after its long winter break...
- 10 Feb 2008
- Another update to Richard Jenkins' Where Are They Now. This is Richard's December update but time pressures have prevented publication until today.
- 6 Jan 2008
- A further development in the Formula 5000 area: the results of the 1977 Rothmans International series in Australia. Thanks to Glenn Moulds for that. Also significant developments on the New Zealand side of the Tasman Cup results, courtesy of David McKinney.
- 1 Jan 2008
- Expanding the Formula Atlantic area: the full results of the 1976 Indylantic series in Britain. Also on the Formula Atlantic page, a map of the results published so far.
- 31 Dec 2007
- A complete set of Tasman Cup results from the 2.5-litre era of 1964 to 1969. My thanks to Bruce Sergent for kindly letting me use the results on his excellent Tasman Series website as the basis for OldRacingcars.com's work identifying individual cars. It was only five years ago he made the offer - I think I got sidetracked!
- 1 Dec 2007
- A big set of revisions to the 1950 and 1951 F1 results. Full details available on the supporting TNF thread.
- 26 Nov 2007
- The third Lola T430 has been reconstructed by David Abbott and all three T430s will run in the forthcoming F5000 Tasman Cup Revival Series in New Zealand and Australia.
- 19 Nov 2007
- More progress on the US Formula A and Formula 5000 programs. Thanks to Don Markle and Tony Nicholson for their contributions.
- 7 Nov 2007
- Another program search is under way - US Formula A and Formula 5000. Don Markle is doing an heroic job on this search. If you're in a position to help, please get in touch. Even if you can't help, enjoy the artwork of those late 1960s/early 1970s US programs.
- 6 NOV 2007
- A new results set: the 1981 UK Formula Atlantic season by Chris Townsend. Too late to make this version is the news that Mike Catlow's Ralt RT1 was chassis 071. Also, a slightly late mention of another update to Richard Jenkins' Where Are They Now .
- 23 Oct 2007
- The 1951 F1 results are now available, the second season in our expanding F1 coverage. Also, further improvements to the 1950 F1 results.
- 22 Oct 2007
- Progress continues on the South African F1 series programme search. Peter Aldridge has provided a further three Roy Hesketh entry lists.
- 14 Oct 2007
- Some major changes to the 1950 F1 results. The changes include major advances on Ferrari and HWM identities and major expansions of HWM, Ferrari and Talbot-Lago 'Notes on the Cars'. Much of what is now being discovered comes from detailed comparison of contempory photographs.
- 4 Oct 2007
- Reto Kuprecht has bought a Lola T142 project to join his McLaren M10B of which, by coincidence, we now have a picture. Also, belated thanks to Jon Hromada for providing 14 Indy entry lists.
- 3 Oct 2007
- As the first stage of a major expansion of our F1 coverage, the full results of the 1950 F1 season.
- 20 Sep 2007
- A new programme search starts: the South African F1 series of the 1960s and 1970s. Do you have a programme from that series? Would you be willing to send a scan or copy of the entry list?
- 18 Sep 2007
- Both Chevron B28s changed hands last month and are now with Ross Maxwell and Daryl Taylor.
- 24 Aug 2007
- In response to grumblings of discontent, the FSV resources page has been added back into the site. It's not much, but apparently you value it.
- 21 Aug 2007
- New site goes live. Yes, it looks just like the old site, but all the underlying technology has been changed so you should find it noticeably quicker. The changes were necessary due to the huge increase in race results coming soon...
- 12 Aug 2007
- The summer has been quiet here because big changes are afoot. In the meantime, thanks to Peter Howarth for progressing the Atlantic programme hunt.
- 24 Jun 2007
- Another update to Where Are They Now from Richard Jenkins. Also an update to the McRae GM1 page as a number of cars have recently changed hands.
- 30 May 2007
- McKee addict Paul Dudiak has bought himself a second McKee Mk 12. And a note for your diary: Road America is hosting a McKee reunion on 19-22 July with 19 cars expected to attend.
- 14 may 2007
- More things that we can do for you. Our new authentication and documentation service. Also, more progress on the March 73As.
- 13 May 2007
- Ever wondered where to get those period sponsors and suppliers stickers to complete your restoration? Here's the answer.
- 4 May 2007
- Progress on the McKee Mk 12 thanks to another excellent Norbert Vogel picture.
- 3 May 2007
- Some progress on the mystery Chuck Frederick McKee Formula A car thanks to Dave Frederick's research. Also, Lothar Kremer has sent a picture of his Lola T142; Russell Greer has bought Lola T332 HU28; Reinhold Jung is still making progress with the history of his Lola T190; another Norbert Vogel picture, this time of Ray Langson's LeGrand Mk 7 and a couple of Don Markle pictures of Brian Redman's 1975-championship winning Lola T332 HU45 and Eppie Wietzes' Lola T400 HU9.
- 30 Apr 2007
- Yet more new McLaren M10B material including much progress on Steve Durst's car.
- 25 Apr 2007
- Huge progress on the Can-Am program hunt thanks to Don Markle and his friend Bruce Perry (who have provided 22 entry lists!) and Jon Hromada (another six).
- 24 Apr 2007
- More Lola T142 pictures from David Pearson in South Africa. Also, one of Paddy Driver's McLaren M10B and one of Bob Olthoff's McLaren M3A.
- 22 Apr 2007
- Lots of new information on the McLaren M10Bs including great pictures from Norbert Vogel and a history of the M10B-like Vebra sprint car.
- 20 Apr 2007
- The McLaren M10B histories are now online. This is one of the most complex histories so far and much more information is still needed to resolve the cars racing in minor events in the UK in the mid-1970s and also to sort out where some of the cars are today. Former owners Jim Moore, John Wallwork, Bob Leckie, Noel le Tissier, John Taylor, John Bailey, Harry Phillips, Dennis Basson, Pierre Soukry and Clive Santo could help greatly, as could Vebra owner Clive Bracy. Anyone in touch with any of them?
- 16 Apr 2007
- The Lotus 70 page benefits from a couple of pictures from Norbert Vogel. Also, Phil Henny, whose book on Bob Bondurant is out in June, has been talking to Don Dierking and has solved some Lola T140 and Lola T190 mysteries.
- 14 Apr 2007
- Much progress on the F5000 Vulcan thanks to Wolfgang Klopfer who has been talking with George Alderman and Steve Durst. But where are those two cars now? Anyone seen them since 1972?
- 8 Apr 2007
- Old F5000s do end up in some interesting places. I am grateful to Norbert Vogel and Jeremy Jackson for photos of Lola T400s in GT racing and in Belgian hillclimbs. Also, Frank Lyons has bought a T400 for the coming Derek Bell Trophy season.
- 3 Apr 2007
- (An update to Where Are They Now occured on this date but was not noted at the time - AB 3 May 2007)
- 1 Apr 2007
- Two more cars moving for the new season: Stephen Gibson has bought John Monson's Surtees TS8  and Neil Glover has bought Mike Wrigley's Lola T330/332 [HU23B].
- 30 Mar 2007
- Reinhold Jung has been working hard to research the history of his Lola T190 and has positively identified it as the Roger Penske/Mark Donohue car.
- 25 Mar 2007
- More images, this time by Alan Cox, added to the Chevron, Chevron B28, Lola T332 (HU35 and HU62) and Trojan T101 pages.
- 23 Mar 2007
- Another picture of Tony Dean's Chevron B24 thanks to Graham Etheridge.
- 14 Mar 2007
- Yet another car has emerged claiming to be John Cannon's former F5000 car. See the March 73A page for details.
- 13 Mar 2007
- Thanks to Michael Barrett, the last UK F5000 programme has been found. Still plenty of F/Atlantic programs to find though. And, as Chris pointed out to me yesterday, if you have a F/Atlantic program with the late entrants, grid or results filled in, please send a scan even if it's not marked as being needed. Also, LeGrand Mk7 progress thanks to Walt Taylor and John Hancock.
- 10 Mar 2007
- The UK programme hunt has taken some more significant steps forward thanks to Tim Barry, Adam Ferrington and others. Please check if you can help with UK F5000 or UK F/Atlantic entry lists.
- 7 Mar 2007
- Two more F2 model histories have been compiled by Andrew Fellowes, the Brabham BT23 and the Brabham BT23C.
- 27 Feb 2007
- The Echappement collection continues to advance (the hard way, through Ebay). Loans or copies would be most welcome.
- 26 Feb 2007
- We now know who built the Vulcan Formula A car! Thanks are due to old friend and F5000 historian Wolfgang Klopfer for this discovery.
- 21 Feb 2007
- A new update to Richard Jenkins' Where Are They Now?. Also, as part of the F2 research, OldRacingcars.com is now collecting the French magazine Echappement and would appreciate any help completing the collection.
- 9 Feb 2007
- Greg Wold's March 73A has gone to Nick Smith. Thanks to both Greg and Nick for keeping me up to date. Also, my thanks to Karl Jenstad for three more Can-Am program entry lists.
- 7 Feb 2007
- Former LeGrand Mk 7 owner Art Eatman has been in touch and moved things forward nicely. Anyone know recent LeGrand owners Mark VanLoucks, Tom Dooley, Tim Joyce, Bill Carlander or John Mayer?
- 6 Feb 2007
- Lots of updates to the new Lola T142 page: David Gathercole has provided details of his ex-Kroll car, David Hutson has more on the Keith Saunders car and Andrew Reeser has resolved Mel Andrus's car.
- 1 Feb 2007
- At last, the Lola T142 page. This is proving the most difficult model to research so please get in touch if you have information on any of the T140s or T142s.
- 9 Jan 2007
- A couple of updates on the March 73As ready for the new racing season.
- 8 Jan 2007
- Another picture to help with the never-ending Surtees TS5 jigsaw from former Lola T300 and Brabham BT29 racer Sandy Shepard.
- 2 Jan 2007
- A new Brabham research page providing easy links to all the work currently going on at this site and at 10 Tenths. Also, a picture of Chip Boatright newly-acquired Lola T190. Thanks to Gerald Swan for this and other recent Lola updates.
- 28 Dec 2006
- A new update to Richard Jenkins' Where Are They Now?, including a set of interviews Richard conducted earlier this year. Also, another F5000 Lola on the move: Chip Boatright has bought one of Chuck Haines' many Lola T190s.
- 21 Dec 2006
- The Lola T142 hunt continues to make steady progress. David Gathercole has bought the Bakers' ex-Kroll T142 '38' and Ryan Hodges has the remains of T142 '22' in his Lola T70, including the chassis plate. If anyone owned a T142 in the 1970s or 1980s, we'd love to hear from them. Also, two more F5000 Lolas have moved: Marcus Pye and Simon Hadfield have bought Glenn Brown's Lola T332 HU52 and Bruce Fullerton has bought Simon's Lola T300 HU12.
- 17 Dec 2006
- A second F2 model history, the Brabham BT30 compiled by Andrew Fellowes. Also, more on the LeGrand Mk 7 thanks to ex-Botsford mechanic Mike Allison. Also, Teddy Pilette has been in touch to resolve the outstanding puzzles on the Lola T400 page. Thanks Teddy. Also, a fabulous Gil Munz picture of the 1969 Formula A Eisert.
- 27 Nov 2006
- Another significant piece of progress on the six March 73As, of which just nine survive. Pete Klain, a former owner of the ex-Indy 500 73A/3, has filled a significant gap.
- 19 Nov 2006
- A little light has fallen on the baffling case of Larry Harley's F5000 career with the discovery of the SCCA Log Book for his Lola T330. Anyone know where to find Harley's entrant Richard Rogers?
- 18 Nov 2006
- More progress on a couple of early F5000s, the McKee Mk 12 and the Surtees TS5A. Chris Novatny recalls restoring a couple of the mystery cars in 1989 or 1990 and has found his pictures. David Hutson also has an excellent picture of David Hobbs TS5A on its debut.
- 13 Nov 2006
- A bumper pack of Formula Pacific results today: Australian 1983-1984, New Zealand Internationals 1982-1984 and New Zealand Gold Star 1981/82.
- 11 Nov 2006
- We start Formula 2 results with the 1971 season when young stars Ronnie Peterson, Emerson Fittipaldi and François Cévert fought for the title in March 712M, Brabham BT36 and Tecno TF71. Chris Townsend has done his usual impeccable job, solidly identifying virtually every car, just Hervé Bayard's Chevron B18 escaping. Anyone have detailed 1971 French Hill Climb results?
- 10 Nov 2006
- It's never wise to feed an obsession but my thanks to Peter McFadyen and Adam Ferrington for further Chevron B24 pictures: the missing Wunderink car and the mystery Richard Simms vehicle.
- 9 Nov 2006
- A new experimental area makes its début today, intended to allow a larger number of researchers to contribute directly to OldRacingCars.com. First articles are Andrew Fellows' history of the Brabham BT36 and a series of interviews conducted by Richard Jenkins as part of "Where Are They Now". Also, at the risk of being told I am obsessed with figuring out Tony Dean's Chevron B24s, Steve Wilkinson has supplied another picture of The Dean's first one.
- 8 Nov 2006
- Today sees a major and much overdue cleanup to all the results pages. With OldRacingCars.com now featuring cars from 53 different formulae, from Indy and Group 7 sports to Clubmans and Formula V; and competing in over 60 categories of racing as widely varied as Argentinian Fórmula 1 de la Mecánica Nacional and the Championnat de France de la Montagne, a more precise description of each car's specification has become necessary. Nothing can ever be perfect; contact Allen if you spot anything that isn't right.
- 7 Nov 2006
- Still on the theme of Formula Atlantic, the 1985 WCAR and ECAR results are now available. This was the first year of ECAR, as North American Formula Atlantic continued its recovery from the disaster of Formula Mondial in 1983.
- 6 Nov 2006
- More British Formula Atlantic results, with the addition of the 1979, 1982 and 1983 seasons. 1979 saw the revival of Atlantic in Britain after two seasons but 1982 and 1983 document its final decline and fall.
- 5 Nov 2006
- Another update to Richard Jenkins' Where Are They Now?.
- 4 Nov 2006
- A big new change today, as you may have spotted already from the menu above. Formula 2 comes to OldRacingcars.com for the first time with the promise of more of Chris Townsend's immaculately researched race results and lots of new constructor and model histories. It's a huge new subject so offers of help will be warmly welcomed.
- 3 Nov 2006
- A major expansion to the British Sprint Championship results, where all the 1970s results are now available. Thanks to Steve Wilkinson for his detailed research. Also an update to the Lola T330s where the fate of Eddie Miller's HU9 is now known.
- 31 Oct 2006
- In honour of Jerry Eisert, who died earlier this year at the age of 74, a new page covering his 1965-1967 'Harrison Special' Indycars.
- 24 Oct 2006
- A few more results in the US F5000 results section - these from very early days of Formula A in 1965. The biggest Formula A race of the year, the Colorado Grand Prix, attracted a good field but two other big races, Juarez and Vacaville, were inexplicably arranged for the same day.
- 21 Oct 2006
- The Can-Am program search has been given a big boost by Ian Crawford who has provided ten Mosport Park entry lists. There are still 59 to go. Can you help?
- 20 Oct 2006
- Another new history: the LeGrand Mk 7, the first US built 5-litre Formula A car and winner of the National level race held to that formula. Lots of help needed with this one!
- 11 Oct 2006
- The first movement in the Lola T142 hunt - Dino Crescentini's mystery car is the one now owned by Mead Korwin. I also suspect the reference to a "Robert Korvin" driving a T142 might be Mead Korwin too.
- 10 Oct 2006
- The Lola T142 is proving one of the most difficult cars to decypher as the cars carried both a chassis number and a frame number - and the two numbers rarely agreed. So the hunt is on to find every surviving T142 and document both its numbers. Can you help?
- 19 Sep 2006
- A new F5000 page: the Eagle 755.
- 15 Sep 2006
- Much work on the Lola T332s has sorted out the history of HU51 and HU52. Thanks to Johan Woerheide and Marcus Pye for their efforts. Also thanks to Marcus for an update on the Chevron B32. Also, yet more information plus pictures on the Cheetah Racing Cars page.
- 13 Sep 2006
- A major update to the Cheetah Racing Cars page thanks to a number of owner contributions.
- 4 Sep 2006
- Following Richard Jenkins' two new sections on Where Are They Now?, he has a big update on the newcomers.
- 27 Aug 2006
- Another addition from Chris Townsend to the Formula Atlantic area where the 1977 South African results are now online
- 26 Aug 2006
- A big update to the Formula Atlantic area where the 1973 UK results are now available.
- 17 Aug 2006
- A little more on the Chevron B32 which Roy Lane owned in 1984 when Ayers drove it. Anyone know that car's movements up to the present day?
- 16 Aug 2006
- Two steps forward and one step back on the Trojan T101 where one or two puzzles have been solved but new mysteries have emerged. Where has Jody Scheckter's 1973 US title-winning car got to?
- 15 Aug 2006
- Progress of sorts on the Surtees TS8, where we now know that the utterly mysterious Alan Shaw car was used at Llandow from the start of 1973 to the end of 1975. Then what? And who is Alan Shaw?
- 14 Aug 2006
- Richard Jenkins has introduced two new sections to Where Are They Now?, one covering the 90 or so CART and IRL drivers who aren't already in the Indy 500 section; and a "Team bosses" section, covering 335 of the key players in F1 since 1950: from Ben Agathangelou to Heinz Zollner.
- 13 Aug 2006
- An update to the Lola T190 page where Nick Gurney has provided a picture of Mike Hailwood's early season car. More updates to follow over the next few days now "the staff" are back from holiday.
- 7 Jul 2006
- The photo captions aren't working so they've been revamped on two pages as a test: Lola T140 and Lola T330. All comments would be most welcome before the long job of converting every other page begins. Email Allen.
- 5 Jul 2006
- A quick update to the McRae GM1 where Dave Cogman has contributed a picture of chassis 015 early in its eventful life.
- 21 Jun 2006
- A small update to the Lola T332s where Jim Rollins reports that Leonard Janke still owns his car. That's 30 T332s now found.
- 10 Jun 2006
- Updates to the Cooper T53 and Cheetah pages.
- 8 Jun 2006
- An update to Where Are They Now? from Richard Jenkins.
- 25 May 2006
- A new marque history for Cheetah Racing Cars. This is a new avenue for OldRacingCars.com and all information, including background information, would be most welcome.
- 12 May 2006
- Two more F5000 programs are crossed off: John Conway has supplied the 1971 Mondello program and Henk Hazelaar has found that no programme was published for the cancelled June 1973 Zandvoort event.
- 27 Apr 2006
- Progress on the Lola T140s (at last!). Lucien Eddisford's SL140/13 has been positively identified as the Brian O'Neil car.
- 26 Apr 2006
- An interesting picture of the Formula A McLaren built out of a Can-Am McLaren Mk 2 by Joe Starkey. Anyone know where that is now?
- 26 Apr 2006
- The Formula Super Vee section, which OldRacingCars.com was 'babysitting' after John Robinson's site was closed down, is now being actively maintained on David R. Flesher's Historic FSV Register website. We're now relieved of duty and OldRacingCars.com's copy of the material has been taken down. I wish David every success with the register.
- 23 Apr 2006
- Lots of updates to 1975 Canadian Formula Atlantic identifications: Fred Stevenson's Lotus 69 [71/69.6.FB], Bob Lazier's March 722 , Ross Bentley's Johnston (not Argo) JM6  and Ron Householder's Brabham BT40 ; plus further detail to the results. The ex-Alan Jones/Bev Bond March 74B/U1 has also been sorted out. In Can-Am, practice times for Elkhart Lake 1977, Mosport 1978, Mosport 1980 and Elkhart Lake 1980 have been added, all kindly transcribed by long-time ORC friend and contributor Wolfgang Klopfer. Some F5000 car movements: Chevron B24 73-07 has joined Aaron Lewis's stable, Franz Guggemos now has Surtees TS5A/007, Frank Lyons has Lola T330/332 HU12 and Tim Slack has Surtees TS8/006. And finally, Henk Hazelaar has sent a fourth Zandvoort F5000 program.
- 17 Apr 2006
- A batch of European F5000 programs from Henk Hazelaar, knocking three Zandvoorts and a Zolder from the list.
- 16 Apr 2006
- More Formula 5000 results: Glenn Moulds has supplied the 1976 Australian Internationals and the Australian Gold Star season.
- 15 Apr 2006
- More Formula Atlantic results: the 1977 Canadian series, the 1983 Formula Mondial North America Cup and the 1984 WCAR series; another impeccable piece of work by Chris Townsend. Also, as a small bonus, the two Formula B races held in Bogotá early in 1972, produced with the help of Gus Hutchison and John Humphries.
- 5 Apr 2006
- Another UK F5000 program from Adam Ferrington. Only Snetterton (27 Mar 1977) and Thruxton (31 May 1976) are still needed. It was raining heavily that day at Snetterton; maybe nobody went?
- 1 Apr 2006
- An update to the Surtees TS8 page where Dr John Monson's car had been omitted from the line-up. Also, Ian Jacobs has bought the Leda LT25 and a Lotus 70 has been sold to the Barber Museum.
- 30 Mar 2006
- The latest update to Where Are They Now? from Richard Jenkins.
- 25 Mar 2006
- Tom Schultz has a supplied a wonderful batch of photographs from 1968 including all but one of the "mystery" Lola T140s.
- 22 Mar 2006
- Another UK F5000 program from Tim Dudley. Only Silverstone (Aug 1973), Snetterton (Mar 1977) and Thruxton (May 1976) are now left.
- 21 Mar 2006
- The search for UK Formula Atlantic programs has taken a big leap forward today. We now only need another 20. Please take a look at the list and see if you can help.
- 18 Mar 2006
- Some updates to the Lola T140 as more information arrives plus an update to the Chevron B24 page to bring it up to date with B28 discoveries and the Chevron B28 page where both mystery cars have recently changed hands. Also Jim Utting has found another F5000 program so we're down to just 4 UK ones
- 12 Mar 2006
- Much more on the Lola T140, especially the effort to make sense of the South African cars. Also, Ian Jacobs has bought the Leda LT25 and plans to race it in the UK.
- 9 Mar 2006
- Jim Utting has sent scans of the missing 1971 Snetterton F5000 entry list so only five more UK entry lists are still to be found. Somebody must have gone to Snetterton in 1977!
- 7 Mar 2006
- My thanks for yet more F5000 and Atlantic programs from Tim Cogman and Steve Wilkinson. Also a first USAC program contribution from Russ Wakeman.
- 4 Mar 2006
- More on the Surtees TS5s where Rob van Westenberg has been able to trace his car right back and we now know more about the late Tom Juckette's car.
- 3 Mar 2006
- Steve Wilkinson has contributed a batch of pictures of F5000 cars in UK hill climbs in the 1970s and 1980s. Amongst these are Phil Prince's McRae GM1 and John Lambert's indefatigable Leda LT22. Also more programs from Andrew Kitson and David Neilson.
- 2 mar 2006
- Thanks to Morten Alstrup for contributing the Jyllands-Ringen F5000 program from Sep 1973. There are still another 24 programs needed from the F5000 races held at Anderstorp (1970), Hockenheim (1969, 1970, 1971), Koksijde (1969), Misano (1973), Mondello Park (1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973), Monza (1970, 1971, 1974), Mugello (1974), Nivelles-Baulers (1972), Salzburgring (1970), Zandvoort (1969, 1970, Jul 1973, Sep 1973, 1975) and Zolder (1970, 1975). All we need are scans of the entry lists (and one of the cover ideally). Can anyone help?
- 1 Mar 2006
- It's 1 March and Spring is in the air. All right; Spring is just around the corner, but Google have a daffodil in their logo today and that must count for something. So time to throw off those drab colours and get into something crisp and bright. Which is another way of saying that OldRacingCars.com has had a redesign.
- 27 Feb 2006
- Adam Ferrington was busy at the Stoneleigh Autojumble and found 26 more F5000 and Atlantic programs. There are just 34 F5000 and 35 Atlantics still to find.
- 19 Feb 2006
- A complete revamp of OldRacingCars.com photos today. Stuart Dent, of TNF and Autocourse, has tirelessly worked through nearly 200 images adjusting the colour, cleaning off imperfections, recropping and otherwise transforming the image. As a result of his lessons, another 50 or so images, previously through too poor to use, have been rescued and added to the pages. The black-and-white images, about 20% of the total, now need to be rescanned to bring them to the same standard. Be warned that one disadvantage of the clean up is that images will now take a little longer to load.
- 12 Feb 2006
- A long overdue update to the results database includes Chris Townsend's detailed notes on the 1971 British Formula Atlantic cars.
- 11 Feb 2006
- Updates in the F5000 area on the Lola T140 and the Lola T300 where HU12 has been resolved and HU2 is looking clearer.
- 29 Jan 2006
- Another new history page: the March 76A.
- 27 Jan 2006
- More on Cooper's contribution to the early years of Formula A and more information in on the Lola T140s. And photographs of both.
- 26 Jan 2006
- The January update to Richard Jenkins' Where Are They Now?. Richie has new or revised information on 102 drivers in this update!
- 13 Jan 2006
- A new set of histories: the Lola T140. These cars have been very hard to trace and any help would be most welcome. Also, a bumper set of F5000 updates: more on Dennis Leech's Chevron B24; John Monson has bought a Chevron B28; new pictures from Alan Cox in the Lola T300 and Lotus 70 pages; a new picture of Lola T330 HU17 from Stuart Dent; more background on some of the Lola T332s; Terry Walker has provide pictures of the Matich A50 and Matich A51; more pictures of the McRae GM1; another Surtees TS5 picture from Tom Schultz and also another TS5 is also found; and finally a picture of Anthony Goddard's beautiful Surtees TS11.
- 29 Dec 2005
- Another batch of entry lists has arrived: British Formula 5000 and Formula Atlantics from Adam Ferrington and Chris Stoddart; South African F1 from Michael Oliver; Canadian FA (entry lists and also race results) from John Lindsay and Ted Smith. Also Formula magazines have been very kindly contributed by Lloyd Burkett and John Ryan.
- 20 Dec 2005
- A bumper new update to Richard Jenkins' Where Are They Now?. Plus, two more Atlantic programs from Justin Harrington and two F5000 programs from Glenn Moulds. Glen has also established that it was Matich A51/53-005 that won the 1976 Australian GP, not A53-007 as we previously had recorded. Plus, oops - I missed a couple more programs from Glenn.
- 5 Dec 2005
- The Lola T400s move forward significantly thanks to news from Kevin Shirvington, owner of HU1 and HU4. Also a puzzling anonymously supplied picture of Lola T300 HU7.
- 4 Dec 2005
- The 1976 Shellsport G8 Championship results have been on the site for a while but I've only just remembered to mention it. Sorry! This is one of the most complicated seasons with a bewildering array of 5-litre, 3.4-litre, Atlantic, F2 and libre machinery on display. My thanks to Chris Townsend (again) but also to all those on 10 Tenths who have helped us understand which car was which.
- 3 Dec 2005
- A big update to the McKee Mk 12s thanks to Paul Dudiak, the new owner of the ex-Reinold car.
- 1 Dec 2005
- A major expansion of the Formula Atlantic and Formula B results with the addition of British Formula Atlantic 1971, US Formula B 1972 and the Canadian Formula Atlantic 1978. Chris Townsend is preparing 'Notes on the Cars' to appear soon.
- 27 Nov 2005
- A major rethink the Surtees TS5s thanks to former owner/drivers Robert Fischetti and Hamilton Vose III. Does anyone have programs or photographs from the 1970 and 1971 US seasons?
- 23 Nov 2005
- Results for the 1976 Australian Gold Star season are now available, thanks to Glenn Moulds. Glenn has also provided another picture of a Matich A50.
- 12 Nov 2005
- A big update on the Matich A50. Four newly discovered pictures of the A50s in Australia and the US in 1973 and an update on the state of A50-002. Particular thanks to Glenn Moulds for the two Aussie pictures.
- 10 Nov 2005
- The 2005/06 Flexoplas NZ Express F5000 Revival Series kicks off this weekend at Manfeild Autocourse in New Zealand. 10 F5000s are expected for this race and there may be as many as 30 later in the series. OldRacingCars.com would be happy to publish information on any other (relevant) historic racing series next season.
- 26 Oct 2005
- More photographs from Kumalo and Thruxton: see the Surtees TS5, Lola T190 and McLaren M18 pages. Thanks to Doug Brown and Richard Clayson for these. Also, at the last update, I forgot to mention another large haul of Indy car notes. I will come up with a more structured way to access those notes in due course.
- 21 Oct 2005
- I know you weren't expecting the 1973 Caracas Formula B Coppa Presidente de la Republica, but one never knows what Chris Townsend will uncover next. Elsewhere, in F5000 there are more pictures of the Lola T430 and more on the whereabouts of HU2.
- 17 Oct 2005
- Another new page - on the Lola T430. Thanks to David Abbott for prompting this with his updates and photographs.
- 14 Oct 2005
- Lawrence Sufryn still has his Leda LT25 and it's for sale. Contact Allen if you want his email address.
- 2 Oct 2005
- A new update to Richard Jenkins' Where Are They Now?.
- 1 Oct 2005
- Another new page on the Chevron B28. Just the five photographs but as there were only two B28s that's not a bad average. Also many new pictures elsewhere, e.g. the McRae GM1, and some existing pictures have been rescanned or otherwise cleaned up. Elsewhere, more programs from Jeremy Jackson.
- 30 Sep 2005
- A long-awaited new page on the Surtees TS5/TS5A, complete with 21 photographs, taken everywhere from secret tests at Riverside to South Africa via Donington Park and Lime Rock. Enjoy - and help solve all those mysteries!
- 27 Sep 2005
- Adam Ferrington must have had a good weekend at Beaulieu. He's sent another 18 Formula Atlantic and 15 Formula 5000 programs. There are now less than 120 left to find. Come on all you old racegoers - take a look in your attics.
- 22 Sep 2005
- Various updates in the F5000 area: a rare mid-1970s photograph of Jim Sechser's McRae GM1; plus a McKee Mk 12 and the ex-Tempero Can-Am Lola T332 are found. Also two more 'mystery T332s have turned up and the Ron Dykes 'mystery' Surtees TS11 is resolved.
- 28 Aug 2005
- More Australian race results: this time the 1982 Formula Pacific series. As well as contributing the results, Chris Townsend has also provided detailed notes on many of the competing cars.
- 20 Aug 2005
- Many thanks to Richard Evans for another batch of programs.
- 18 Aug 2005
- A new update to Richard Jenkins' Where Are They Now?.
- 17 Aug 2005
- Yet more Atlantic programs from Glenn.
- 14 Aug 2005
- More programs come flooding in. My thanks to Adam Ferrington, Dan Rear and Glenn Moulds for the latest batch. Updated lists here.
- 13 Aug 2005
- Three more seasons of results for the F5000 Australian Gold Star series: 1973, 1974 and 1975, the latter season provided by new contributor Glenn Moulds. My thanks to Glenn and to Bryan Miller, Aaron Lewis, David McKinney, Milan Fistonic, Barry Lake, Greg Nye and the many others who have helped advance this project so swiftly.
- 23 July 2005
- A new F5000 history: the Gardos. My thanks to builder Jamie Gard, team principals Don O'Sullivan and David Craig, current owner Chris Watson and former crew Kym Pedler for putting together all the facts and providing the pictures. Second big update is in the Indy car project, with many, many more notes on the cars. Also, in F5000, more on a mystery March 73A.
- 22 July 2005
- News on the "Sorbello" Can-Am car, which now looks like it was McRae GM1/005. Also clarified a few more things in the Lola T330 page. Also more changes to the UK F5000 entry lists and Formula Atlantic 'wants' list.
- 21 July 2005
- Many thanks to Glenn Moulds, Jeremy Jackson and others for providing 19 UK F5000 entry lists between them as well as a host of Atlantic entry lists. We still need lots more. New today is a list of Formula Atlantic program 'wants'. In F5000, Begg 018 has changed hands and there is a little movement in the puzzling story of the Surtees TS11s. Last but not least, Eli Solomon reports the surprising fact that Arthur Owen's Brabham BT8 raced in the 1964 Singapore GP.
- 20 July 2005
- McRae GM1/008 has changed hands and the ex-Warwick Brown Lola T332 HU27 is for sale. Also minor updates to the Begg, Lola T300, Lola T332, Lotus 70 March 73A and Surtees TS11 pages.
- 19 Jul 2005
- Lots of Lola T332 updates: Jim Snelling has helped with HU27 and HU36; more on Johan Woerheide's ex-Noyes T332; the 1979 Prophet Can-Am car (recorded on the Lola T332 page due to its origins) is now with Dick Lasselle; and more on Shayne Windelburn's ever-growing collection of used tubs. Also, I forgot to mention that Chris Townsend has found the missing 1976 Rhodesian GP results. Also Lola T400 HU2 has changed hands.
- 4 Jul 2005
- OldRacingCars.com moves to new technology.
- 27 Jun 2005
- A new update to Richard Jenkins' Where Are They Now?.
- 26 May 2005
- Due to popular demand, an all-new Lola T190 page. Also another picture added to the Lola T330 page.
- 25 May 2005
- Progress on the Lola T300 thanks to HU2 owner Peter Voigt and former HU10 owner Geoff Thomas; and on the McKee Mk 12 thanks to former owner Tony Kestian.
- 24 May 2005
- Correction in the Tasman results: Leo Geoghegan's Lotus 39 had a Repco V8 during the 1968 season. Thanks to Dave Shaw for spotting that hiccup. Also two new (old) research projects published: Lola T280s and Formula Super Vee [later removed - see FSV section].
- 23 May 2005
- Complete site redesign. Also, a new 'How To Help' section.
- 29 April 2005
- An update to the results database, including myriad minor F5000, Indy and Atlantic changes.
- 11 April 2005
- In Atlantics, more New Zealand, Australia, Macau and Malaysian results.
- 27 Mar 2005
- In F5000, more background on Chevron and new pictures including Wunderink's Chevron B24.
- 26 Mar 2005
- Work continues in Indy on the March 1971 Phoenix 150 where three more non-starters have been uncovered and Unser's Eagle and Foyt's Coyote have been found to be 1970 models
- 24 Mar 2005
- In F5000, the 1975 UK race results are now available. My thanks to Chris Townsend for those. Also, the team or entrant is now shown for all F5000 results where known. More entry lists needed!.
- 24 Mar 2005
- More information and a new picture (thanks to Ted Walker) of the Zerex Special on the Cooper T53 page.
- 20 Mar 2005
- A couple of Can-Am updates: ex-Lola T333CS racer Jim Cooke has identified Bruce MacInnes' mystery race-wining Lola as his former T333CS/11; and a great Kurt Oblinger picture of Jacky Ickx in his sister Lola T333CS.
- 18 Mar 2005
- A major update to Richard Jenkins' Where Are They Now? which now includes all the Indy 500 qualfiiers and non-qualifiers since 1911!
- 9 Mar 2005
- Anyone know Tony Nawrocki? An update on his F5000 Lotus 70 which may actually have been the USAC Chinook Mk 12.
- 3 Mar 2005
- My plea for help with the Canadian 1969/70 Formula A series has been heard. Thanks to Chris Townsend and Tom Johnston for more on the 1969 races. Does anyone have any official results sheets anywhere?
21 Feb 2005 - At last, the Indy section. Much help will be needed here. Step forward all you oval racing experts.
18 Feb 2005 - Still in F5000, my thanks to Tom Schultz for a couple of cracking McKee pictures: Ed Midgley 's McKee Mk 12 and the Bob Stanford's mystery McKee. Pictures of the Mk 8 and Mk 18 to follow soon. Also, thanks to Chris Townsend for plugging a gap on Lola T400 HU8.
16 Feb 2005 - continuing through the overdue updates pile: in F5000, Teddy Pilette has added some details on Lola T400 HU14; Paul Wilson, Steve Bay and Russ Neice have added updates on the March 73As, chassis 2, 3 and 4 respectively; and some corrections from Patrick Sumner on his Trojan T101. The main race listing and results pages have been amended; please let me know if you spot any peculiarities.
15 Feb 2005 - in F5000, updates on the McKee Mk 18 and the McKee Mk 12s from Ben Fritz. Also, more on Chevron B24 [73-07] from Ash Lowe. Also, updates on the Chevron B30 from Roger Springett and Rodney Dodson. Also, Dean Beaupre now owns Leda LT20 . Also, Lola T300 [HU6] is nearing completion and Bob Hume has another mystery T300 to add. Also, Lee Huls has cleared up three mystery Lola T330s in one go with his history of his HU20. Also, Bryan Miller fills in some gaps on Lola T332 HU34. My thanks to Ben, Ash, Roger, Rodney, Dean, Evan McGreevy, Bob, Lee and Bryan for these updates.
25 Jan 2005 - a list of known SCCA Nationals 1968-1973 and SCCA Regionals 1968-1970 showing Formula A class winners and other runners where known. Thanks to Wolfgang Klopfer for a fantastic piece of research.
21 Jan 2005 - the Canadian Formula A results are now available. Some races still only have partial results but maybe publication of what we have so far will tempt a few new contributions. And fixed the dodgy link to the Sprint results from the F5000 home page (sorry!).
19 Jan 2005 - another new set of results: that resting place for retired F5000 cars, the British Sprint Championship. Just 1970 and 1971 Top 10s published so far - more to follow soon. Thanks to Steve Wilkinson and the British Motor Sprint Association for these.
17 Jan 2005 - the first set of Australian Gold Star F5000 results now available, covering 1971 to 1974.
15 Jan 2005 - big update to the results section (first for months) so various new entry lists and further progress identifying individual cars. Sorry - an item-by-item list would take all day!
13 Jan 2005 - a close-season update to Richard Jenkins' Where Are They Now?
4 Dec 2004 - another update to the Formula Atlantic project, with the addition of Chris Townsend's 1974 UK results.
26 Sep 2004 - In F5000, three new McLaren M18 pictures (thanks to Stuart Dent and Jeremy Jackson) and more information on the O'Sullivan car. Also another Lola T332 located (thanks to Bryan Miller for finding HU34). Also , in the results section, thanks to Kym Pedler for correcting the engine in Keith Poole's Gardos OR2. Also another Stuart Dent picture: of the Alan Brodie Surtees TS8. Also thanks to Flavio Tullio for bringing his Lola T330 HU24 up to date. Also a Tom Johnston picture of Mark Simpson's unidentified Brabham BT8 (any ideas, anyone?). Also more on Stuart Forbes-Robinson's Lola T330 (thanks to Shayne Windelburn) and a Jeremy Jackson picture of Colin Pool's Lola T330 in Frissbee form. Plus another Surtees TS8 appears and some news on the missing Lola T400 HU1.
4 Sep 2004 - a new page on the McKee Mk 12. And still nobody has found a (uncopyrighted) picture of a F5000 McKee. Come on guys, somebody must have one!
2 Sep 2004 - Thanks to Michael Ferner for results of the 1980 JAF Formula Pacific series.
1 Sep 2004 - pictures and chassis numbers of Tim Osborne two Crosslé 15Fs.
28 Aug 2004 - a bumper update to Richard Jenkins' Where Are They Now?
17 Jul 2004 - Corrected years of build of the McLarens. Thanks to ex-Trojan designer Paul Rawlinson for that. Also, more on the Glenn Brown Lola T332 and a picture of Neil Doyle's F5000 Surtees TS9B. Also, more on the Noyes/Lader and Wietzes McLaren M18s and a picture of Glenn Brown's Lola T332.
12 Jul 2004 - Oops! Fixed the link to the new McKee F5000 page. Thanks to David Hyland (first off the mark) and others for pointing that out.
10 Jul 2004 - In case you've been wondering what I'm up to, a full revamp of the Can-Am results is on its way. Meanwhile, in F5000 was have an Eisert picture provided by Milan Fistonic and owner updates from Tim Osborne for the Crosslé 15F. In the Atlantic section, I've added the 1971 US Formula B results and it really is time I mentioned Chris Townsend's 1975 Irish and Canadian results.
12 Jun 2004 - the May and June updates to Richard Jenkins' Where Are They Now?
9 May 2004 - Numerous minor F5000 updates from a couple of days spent reading 1975 Autosport.
26 Apr 2004 - In F5000, an Eisert page and an overdue picture on the Begg page. Also, some more details on Lola T400 HU9 from Mike Engstrand, who raced it in CAT in 1987, and also a remembers seeing a 'mystery' T400, Larry Clain's car.
19 Apr 2004 - In F5000, a new Begg page. Also thanks to Richard Fried for recollections of a VDS Lola T400 and of Bill Simpson's Lola T332. Also on the T332 page, thanks to Bill Peters for a shot of Tuck Thomas' car.
18 Apr 2004 - another ten new pictures on the Lola T330 page. Thanks to Mark Windecker and Rob Ryder this time. More of Mark's excellent pictures to come. Also changed the font sizes throughout the site so they adopt your default browser set-up. Let me know if anything looks funny on your browser.
9 Apr 2004 - ten more pictures on the Lola T330 page. Thanks to Simon Lewis and Stuart Dent for these. More to come. Also some updates on the "mystery" McRae GM1s, an ownership update on March 73A and various other minor additions in the F5000 section. The results section is also updated so many more cars identified, including FB Marchs, Brabhams and Crossles as well as Lola T190s and T192s. In the Atlantic section, Chris Townsend's 1975 Irish results are now ready.
6 Apr 2004 - A new page on the Lola T400.
1 Apr 2004 - Richard Jenkins' latest update to Where Are They Now?
12 Mar 2004 - thanks to Michael Ferner for a new addition to the Atlantic project: results of the 1979 Japanese season. Also Chris Townsend has supplied a list of the 1975 Canadian and Irish races (full results to follow).
12 Mar 2004 - apologies for not mentioning another big update to Where Are They Now? that took place oin 6 Mar - it was announced by Richie on TNF but not by me here.
23 Feb 2004 - a quick ownership update on the McRae GM1 - three are racing in the Tasman Cup Revival Series.
22 Feb 2004 - big update to Where Are They Now?
19 Feb 2004 - Fixed a couple of minor problems in the Where Are They Now? pages
15 Feb 2004 - The Chevron B24 page gets several new pictures (thanks to Simon Lewis and Stan Beck) and more details of Beck's car. Also thanks to Mike Apker for locating Lola T332 HU39. Also, more Simon Lewis pictures for the March 74A page. Also, Chris Townsend has provided some updates to the 1976 South African Formula Atlantic results. Also, another four Simon Lewis pictures for the Lola T330 page.
31 Jan 2004 - A big update to Richie Jenkins' Where Are They Now? including all drivers to appear in the Indy 500 since 1946. In the Atlantic project: results of the 1978 New Zealand International season. Finally, in F5000, Steve Pfeiffer's mystery F5000 Lola has been identified as a T140.
11 Jan 2004 - Thanks to Brian Taylor and Mike Engstrand for their recollections and photos of their time in Can-Am with a Chevron B24.
3 Jan 2004 - Another update to Richie Jenkins' Where Are They Now?.
21 Dec 2003 - new F5000 results: the full 1976 US results (thanks to Wolfgang Klopfer). Also updates to URLs and contact emails on the Crosslé 15F and Brabham BT8 pages. Also a new picture from Tom Johnston of the Norbert Ball BT8 in 1970.
17 Dec 2003 - Another update to Richie Jenkins' Where Are They Now?.
15 Nov 2003 - Long overdue update to the results database. Changes in the results include: found that Michael Brayton's 1975 Eagle was a 68/69 car, not a 74A; added the 1972 Gold Cup; fixed some engine details in the 1970 Tasman series; added entry numbers for the New Zealand 1977 Internationals. And I forgot to mention in August that we'd identified some Lola T140s. Can-Am: Peter Baljet still has T530 HU1.
10 Nov 2003 - A big update to Richie Jenkins' Where Are They Now? which now includes Formula 3000 drivers.
10 Oct 2003 - F5000 news. Lola T332: HU48 has moved to Stuart McDonnell (Hamilton, NZ). The Lola T332- or T333-based Intrepid GB-1 is now owned by Lance Nist and the Lola T332-based Frissbee raced by Drake Olson in 1984 is now with Dave Nuding. Michael Duncan has filled some gaps on HU55/Schkee DB2. Lola T330: Andrew Simpson sends details of his car and, in the process, we find that the Settember car went to Workman, not Koops. Stan Redmond still has HU22. Also, Lance Nist has confirmed that Doug Correa's car was HU24. Stuart Forbes-Robinson's 1977 car may have been Benton's HU26.
30 Sep 2003 - Remember the Brabham BT8? Thanks to Tom Johnston and Peter Jack, we have moved further forward on the history of SC-2-64. Also, in F5000, one mystery McRae GM1, the Prince car, is now known to be 012. Also, more on Steve Cuff's ownership of Trojan T101 105.
27 Sep 2003 - Still trying to make the Leda LT20, LT22 and LT25 F5000 cars make sense. Phil Henny has contributed much on his LT20, including two pictures, and more facts dredged from Autosport on the hillclimbing LT22.
25 Aug 2003 - Oops! Fixed the missing picture of Lola T300 HU2.
23 Aug 2003 - Much F5000 Lola activity. Sandy Shepard has sent info and pictures from his 1972 season in Lola T300 HU2 and Evan McGreevy has added the previous owner of the family's T300; a new picture from Johan Woerheide of his Schkee DB1/2, formerly Lola T332 HU55; and Lance Nist advises that Stuart Forbes-Robinson's mystery Lola T330 was later scrapped.
3 Aug 2003 - Entry numbers and related information added for all the New Zealand Tasman F5000 races (thanks to Milan Fistonic, David McKinney and others at TNF for these). Thanks also to Bryan Miller for the rest of the 1974 Australian Tasman F5000 practice times. Bryan has alos updated the owners on a couple of Matich cars. Last, but not least, thanks to Eric Perrin for an update on some of the Cooper T53s; also adding a link to a picture of the Argo Sports, thought to be built on the remains of Brabham's private T53.
28 Jul 2003 - broken F5000 home page fixed. The drop-down lists of races were producing an error.
27 Jul 2003 - Firstly, an update to Richie Jenkins' Where Are They Now? In F5000, Bryan Miller has provided practice times for three of the 1974 Australian F5000 Tasman races. Also, some details from Dave Swigler on the history of his Lotus 70B.
25 Jul 2003 - In F5000, the full 1974 UK F5000 results (thanks again to Chris Townsend) and RJ Nelkin has provided more on Lola T332 HU53. In Atlantics, some minor corrections to the 1977/78 New Zealand Gold Star season results (an entry number was wrong and Manfeild was misspelt).
20 Jul 2003 - In Atlantics, the 1977/78 New Zealand Gold Star season results. In F5000, some of the more obscure cars have been tracked down: the Vernon Shields Lotus 35-Cobra was [35-F-18], the Chuck Kirkbride McLaren-Climax was M4A [200-15F], Bud Morley's converted Can-Am McLaren M1B was [30/05] and the F5000 Cicada was No 4.
13 Jul 2003 - In F5000, an update on the fate of McRae GM1/001, another snippet on Surtees TS8/'014' and some owner updates on the Lotus 70 page. In Atlantics, fixes to two car identities in the New Zealand 1977 races and updates on what's to come.
29 Jun 2003 - John Bladon has sent two very interesting pictures of his Surtees TS8/06 as the pieces start to fit back into place. Also, news on two Lola T332s now with Johan Woerheide. A minor extra note on the Matich A50 page pointing out that Davison's car is sometimes called 'A50-003'.
22 Jun 2003 - The first Formula Atlantic page - a whole new project begins! Includes Chris Townsend's first set of results: New Zealand 1977. Also the biggest update yet to to Richie Jenkins' Where Are They Now? Both of these have new homes on the revised Projects page. In F5000, some minor updates to the Lola T330 and Lola T332 pages, including an update to Lola T332 HU27.
17 Jun 2003 - A complete revision to the Matich A50, A51, A52 and A53 pages. Also some revisions to the main F5000 page and minor updates to the Chevron B24, Leda LT22, McLaren M18, Surtees TS8 and Trojan T101 pages (all are corrections and additions stemming from 1973 and 1974 race results and from 1974 Autosport adverts).
16 Jun 2003 - A quick fix to the F1 driver search. It wasn't working for "Nanni" Galli and "Gimax". Thanks to Brian Lawence for pointing that out and even telling me how to fix it.
2 Jun 2003 - More info on two Lola T330s: filling in 1974 for HU4 and an update on HU23(A). John Bladon has sent an update on two of his Surtees: Surtees TS11/04 has changed hands and he has given more details on Surtees TS8/06. Also some more hill climb history on TS8/07. Also a little more detail on Lotus 70/03. And lots more Chevron B24 pictures thanks to Rob Ryder.
1 Jun 2003 - The full 1973 F5000 results: Chris Townsend has done another fabulous job on the 1973 UK season to add to Wolfgang Klopfer's equally thorough US results and Tasman results from Bruce Sergent's excellent Tasman site. The F1/F5000 races aren't included just yet. Also in F5000, another Lola T300 emerges: Donald McGreevy owns the ex-Hansen HU6. Also numerous updates to the Lola T332 page. A few minor updates on the Trojan T101 but expect more here - it looks like one of the histories may be completely wrong. If your cup wasn't already full, there's also a bumper update to Richie Jenkins' Where Are They Now? and last, but not least, some updates to the Cooper T53 page where I have added the little I know about the 1960 works cars.
8 May 2003 - Much, much more on the John Cannon March 73A/751 plus a few new 73A mysteries (and some updates to text that I forgot to amend when the March factory records turned up).
5 May 2003 - Lots of Lola T332 stuff: Ron Lampley has filled a gap on HU27, Shayne Windelburn has the tub and bits from HU31, Todd Reiners is pretty sure he has HU34 and Larry Neviaser has updated HU37's history. Most remarkably of all, Jerry Kehoe has been in touch to explain that his 1984 Frissbee Can-Am was not Lola T332 based but built on his highly modified Olds V8 engined Brabham BT29!! Also another mystery Lola T300 spotted: John McDonald ran a car in at least one SCCA Regional event in 1974. Chris Townsend has corrected a detail in the Chevron B24 histories: it was B24-73-07 that Gethin used in the 1974 Tasman, not B24-73-08. AND a new update to Richie Jenkins' Where Are They Now?
27 April 2003 - the Lola T332.
11 April 2003 - The full 1972 F5000 results: Chris Townsend has deciphered the 1972 UK season, including the International Trophy, the Rothmans £50,000 libre race and the 'Victory Race'; joining Wolfgang Klopfer's meticulously researched US L&M Championship results; and Tasman results from Bruce Sergent's excellent Tasman site. That's 33 races in total. All comments very welcome. Also, a new update to Richie Jenkins' Where Are They Now?
6 April 2003 - Cliff Owen, a former mechanic on Tony Dean's cars, says that it was Dean's ex-Craft Chevron B24/B28 that he took to the US in 1975, not his B28. That enables us to resolve the Don Gray car. Also, Richard Evans is identified as the owner of a Crosslé 15F in 1973 and a little more dug up on John Lambert's Leda LT22.
30 Mar 2003 - 'Surtees month' draws to a close with more information from Chris Townsend on Campbell's 'TS8B', news from Phil Palm identifying the car he raced in 1973 as TS8/008, proving Champ Carr Inc had two TS8s, and also evidence from Wolfgang Klopfer that Champ Carr had two TS11s. Lots new in the Lotus 70 page too: pictures of Lotus 70B/02 from Ed Lindsay; Lotus historian and author Michael Oliver points out that Alan Rollinson drove Lotus 70/02 at Brands Hatch 27 Sep 1970, not his usual Surtees TS5A; and a new mystery car found, the 1978 Bruce Davis car. Elsewhere, news from Cliff Owen that the Chevron B24 that Wunderink crashed at Zandvoort in 1975 was indeed scrapped; news from Michael Mooney on his father's Crosslé 8F and 10F and a great picture; plus a little more on Doug Correa's mystery Lola T330.
24 Mar 2003 - A new update to Richie Jenkins' Where Are They Now? Also fixed the search results page (why did nobody mention that to me?!)
23 Mar 2003 - Former libre racer Ian Stronach has provided details of the McRae GM1 he raced in 1976 and 1977. Thanks also to Jeremy Jackson for a picture of that car.
8 Mar 2003 - It seems to be Surtees month! Chris Townsend has been digging away on the John Campbell Surtees TS8 and Ron Pohl has been in touch with information on the ex-Posey TS8 he and Phil Palm had in 1973. Paul Christeanson has also sent details of his Surtees TS11. Last but not least, a new update to Richie Jenkins' Where Are They Now?
3 Mar 2003 - At last, the full 1971 results. In the UK that's all 17 Rothmans Championship rounds including the International Trophy, the Oulton Park Gold Cup and the Victory Race; in Australia and New Zealand there were seven Tasman races; and in the Americas, the Argentina GP, the Questor GP, eight rounds of the L&M Championship and the two USAC races at Seattle. That's 36 races in total. Also minor changes to the Leda LT20-LT25 page (new info on the hill climb LT25), the Lola T300 (more on the Miller car), Lola T330 (tidying only), Lotus 70 (details on the Bob West car), Surtees TS8 (tidying only) and Surtees TS11 (more attempts to make sense of them plus pictures of the Indian car from Aniruddh Kasliwal).
22 Feb 2003 - A correction to the McLaren M18s: Tony Trimmer's 1973 car was the ex-Ganley 500-04, not 500-05. Thanks to Chris Townsend for spotting that in Motoring News reports. Also, the combination of Marc Rauchfus and Jeremy Jackson's great pictures have helped significantly with the puzzling story of Lola T300 HU12 and Chuck Haines has filled in some gaps on the ex-Kroll Lola T300 HU15. Also, some comments and corrections from Jerry Entin on his Trojan T101.
15 Feb 2003 - Adam Ferrington has supplied information from March factory records that allow a significant update to the March 73A and March 74A pages. Gus Hutchison's car was 73A/3 and Bob Lazier's was 73A/4. Also more information from Jeremy Jackson on the Lola T300s racing in UK historic racing in the late 1980s.
2 Feb 2003 - Gary Wheeler, AAR's chief designer in the mid-1970s, has an update on the unraced 1976 F5000 Eagle.
1 Feb 2003 - Added more results: the 1967 and 1968 US championship seasons, the first of which was before the 5-litre cars were admitted. Also minor updates to the Crossle 15F , McLaren M18, Surtees TS8 and Surtees TS11 pages.
26 Jan 2003 - Monster new update to Richie Jenkins' Where Are They Now?
18 Jan 2003 - More results, the 1969 UK championship, thanks again to Chris Townsend. New F5000 discoveries thanks to Chris Townsend: Ron Grable's Surtees TS11 was the ex-Hailwood Tasman car; Evan Noyes' McLaren M18 was 500-06, not 500-03 and Brett Lunger drove Sandy Shepard's Lola T300-Pontiac at Elkhart Lake 1972. Also, an additional mystery Lola T330, the Frissbee Can-Am car used by Colin Pool in Thundersports racing in the UK in the late 1980s.
2 Jan 2003 - thanks to Pete Stowe for details on the club sprint careers of Mike Hall's Trojan T101 and the Richards/Clapham Surtees TS8. Also added a few more details on Clive Baker's TS8 (thanks Chris Townsend) and added a couple of mystery references to TS8s from sprint events (Pete again).
1 Jan 2003 - Good progress on the Lola T300s. Gus Hutchison (the third former champion to get in touch) tells us that his T300 went to Eddie Miller. Also, we can now be confident that Jerry Hansen's car was HU6 (how many orange T300s can there have been?).
1 Jan 2003 - New update to Richie Jenkins' Where Are They Now?
1 Jan 2003 - At the 1971 International Trophy, Tony Dean's converted F5000 McLaren M7A/2 did not have a Cosworth DFV fitted, it was its usual Chevy V8. Also, Mike Wooley's converted F5000 Lotus 43/R2 had a 5-litre "Boss" Ford V8 at its two F5000 appearances in 1970, not its earlier 4.7-litre Shelby-Ford V8.
19 Dec 2002 - ... followed swiftly by version 4.
18 Dec 2002 - Richie Jenkins' Where Are They Now? version 3 now online.
15 Dec 2002 - At last, more results! Added 1970 UK and US results. Entry numbers now shown against drivers' names where known. Minor updates to the Lola T330, Lola T300, Lotus 70, Matich A50-53 and Surtees TS8 pages.
30 Nov 2002 - A second version of Richie Jenkins' Where Are They Now? now online.
26 Nov 2002 - Richie Jenkins' Where Are They Now?, everything you have ever wanted to know about the 866 drivers to have appeared at World Drivers Championship events.
2 Nov 2002 - Jim Gustafson's Lola T300 now believed to be a Lola T190.
2 Nov 2002 - updates to the McLaren M18 (more details on 500-01), Lola T330 (more on the Mark Rose car), Surtees TS11 (more on the brief life of 001) pages. Also thanks to Bob Roemer for pointing out that I had misscaptioned three Lola T330 pictures as being at Road Atlanta - it was Road America.
13 Oct 2002 - The F5000 results candle is now burning at both ends. Added 1969 UK and 1970 Tasman results. More tidy-ups to the design. It should now look OK in any browser but please tell me if any page looks wrong.
11 Oct 2002 - Added Kerenzerberg and Oberhallau Hill Climb results to the Bellasi's racing history. Thanks to Beat Schenker for this.
6 Oct 2002 - more Lolas being identified thanks to Tom Erwin's notebooks: Kevin Bartlett's 1972 US car was Lola T300 HU17; Dwight Zillig's Can-Am Lola "T332" was the ex-Gutfreund/Earl Lola T330 and Marcel Talbot's 1978 Can-Am Lola "T332" was Kroll's Lola T300. Also, James Gutfruend's "Lola T300" is clearly his Lola T330. Also, some general tidy-ups to the site design.
26 Sep 2002 - Some new information on the Lola T300's of Sandy Shepard and Horst Kwech, both wrecked during the 1972 season.
22 Sep 2002 - In Tasman, thanks to Ray Bell and David McKinney for pointing out that John Harvey's Brabham BT11A used a Repco engine during the 1968 Tasman Cup. In F5000, a major update to the Lola T330 page thanks to the chassis notebooks of Tom Erwin; also three more mystery cars added to the Lotus 70 page. In Can-Am, the new format statistical 'Types' page is added and the main page reformatted.
27 Jul 2002 - fixed the sort order on the 3-litre F1 'Marques' page and 'Types' page. No idea when or why that stopped working.
27 Jul 2002 - More F5000 results: the 1974 US season is now available.
25 Jul 2002 - Chris Townsend has pointed out some errors in the 1975 Tasman F5000 results: Stewart's T400 was HU2, not HU3 (he didn't buy HU3 until the end of 1975) and both he and Bartlett swapped back to their earlier T330/2-series Lolas for the last two races. Also sorted that out on the Lola T330 page. Thanks Chris. Also thanks for Michael T Lynch for correcting the date of the 1969 Lime Rock F5000 race from 7 Aug to 2 Aug.
25 Jul 2002 - added qualifying positions and times 1975 Tasman F5000 results.
20 Jul 2002 - lots of new information on the new McLaren M18 page: Lader's car was Noyes' so that means Noyes' may have split; plus a gap filled on the ex-Norinder M18 and a potential extra car spotted. Thanks to Wolfgang Klopfer and Ted Walker for these.
17 Jul 2002 - In F5000, new pages for Trojan and for the Trojan T101, including a couple of excellent Rob Ryder colour pictures. Also a correction to my description on the M10A on the McLaren page (thanks to Ashley Lenton for spotting that).
15 Jul 2002 - In all yesterday's race lists, I forgot to include the 1976 Peter Stuyvesant series in New Zealand. My apologies to Kiwis everywhere, especially expat ones living in London.
14 Jul 2002 - More F5000 results: the 1975 Tasman Cup series is now available. Plus new lists of the Tasman races and the Rothmans International races that followed them in Australia. Also many minor updates to numerous to list in F5000. Robs Lamplough has helped untangle a couple of Brabham BT8s and Terry Hefty has provided new information on the ex-Centro-Sud Cooper T53s, where there is also a smidgen more information on the Hap Sharp F1-15-61.
19 Jun 2002 - Monster update! In F5000, the first race results are available. In F1 and Tasman, many thanks to Bruce Sergent for spotting some errors in the 1965 New Zealand GP results: Kerry Grant only used his Brabham BT4 in practice and Bruce McLaren used Phil Hill's Cooper T70 after crashing his own Cooper T79 in the heat. Also corrected all the BT4s' engines to 2.5 litres and filtered out the Cooper T60, BRM P61, BRP 63 and Shadow DN10 as they have no relevant F1 or Tasman race appearances. And in Can-Am, Paul Sauer has updated the history of his Lola T530.
1 Jun 2002 - corrections to who drove which BRM P261 in Tasman 1966 and addition of the BRM P160-Weslake V12 test session. Details supplied by Doug Nye, author of BRM Vol. 1 and the eagerly awaited BRM Vol. 2.
21 Apr 2002 - In F5000: lots of updates from David McKinney, Don Sills and Al Moore to the Surtees TS8 and Surtees TS11 plus new constructor pages on Cooper, Eagle, McLaren and Surtees; and in Projects George Nuse has sent an update to Brabham BT8 SC-1-66.
13 Apr 2002 - Oops! Yesterday's database update messed up one of the main pages. All is well now. Also tidied up some of the date formatting.
12 Apr 2002 - F1 database update: changed Gus Hutchinson to Gus Hutchison. After a long debate on this one, an autograph has decided it.
28 Mar 2002 - In F5000, Pete Brock has commented on the fate of his Lotus 70B and we've cleaned up one or two McRae GM1 histories. Numerous other minor updates through this section. In Projects, Eric Perrin has spotted a couple of mistakes in the Cooper T53s and added details of Hefty's car.
19 February 2002 - F1 update: sorted out the confusing history of the Tyrrell 010s. Five chassis built but only three separate cars. In F5000, Todd Gerstenberger has sorted out his Chevron B24 for us, Ray Bell and Wolfgang Klopfer have resolved the Gary Campbell Lola T330, Bruce Langson has filled in detail on two more of those cars, Brian Redman (yes, that Brian Redman!) has helped with details of his T330 and his McRae GM1 and Al Moore has sent pictures of his Surtees TS8. Also, in Other, Don Schoeny's Cooper T53 added to the list.
3 February 2002 - Massive update to the Cooper T53 page. In F5000, a brand new March 74A page; also big progress on the Lotus 70 and Lola T330 and more minor updates to the Surtees TS8 and Surtees TS11. Also a couple of updates on the Brabham BT8 page.
30 December 2001 - New histories of the Lotus 70, Lotus 42B and Surtees TS11 added to the F5000 section. Also, another Lola T330 resolved, a mystery March 73A pops up and we're on the trail of the missing Matich. Half a dozen new pictures added to the section, including on the Crosslé 15F and Lotus pages.
29 October 2001 - F1 database update (just one error: a Shadow DN3 mistaken for an Ensign N174 at a G8 race in 1976) plus a completely revised F1 Marques page. For example, here's the March Marque page. The F1 database contains a total of 8,782 starts for the 901 cars.
26 August 2001 - A very basic driver search facility added to the 3-litre F1 section.
5 August 2001 - E-mail keeps flooding in so more updates to the Chevron B24, Lola T330, March 73A and Matich A50 range histories. Also new material on the Chevron F5000 page and a new Leda F5000 page.
17 June 2001 - It's here at last! The full car-by-car story of the Single-Seat Can-Am.
25 April 2001 - many updates and two new cars added to the Cooper T53s histories.
21 April 2001 - first database update in ages. Added results from Fórmula 1 de la Mecánica Nacional in Argentina and 1967 SCCA FA plus additions to 1984 Can-Am, two 1971 F5000 oversights and two 1981 Can-Am oversights.
8 April 2001 - rejigged all pages to try to make them work in all browsers.
8 April 2001 - the first Can-Am data is ready - a list of the most successful Single-Seat Can-Am cars.
4 March 2001 - McRae GM1 information has been pouring in. All but three now located.
28 December 2000 - first set of updates to Brabham BT8 histories.
15 December 2000 - OldRacingCars.com launched on an unsuspecting Web.