Winton Festival of Speed
Winton, 14 Aug 2011
|1||Andrew Robson||Lola T332 [T330 HU8] - Chevrolet V8
#63 (see note 1)
|2||Mike Glynn||Lola T400 [HU15] - Chevrolet V8
#8 (see note 2)
|3||Bill Hemming||Elfin MR8A-C  - Chevrolet V8
#11 (see note 3)
|4||Jay Bondini||Lola T332 - Chevrolet V8
#10 (see note 4)
|R||Bryan Sala||Matich A50/A51  - Chevrolet V8
#4 (see note 5)
|DNSF||Robert Harborow||Elfin MR8B-C  - Chevrolet V8
|Did not start final|
|DNSF||Paul Zazryn||Lola T332 [HU32] - Chevrolet V8
#24 (see note 6)
|Did not start final|
All cars are 5-litre F5000 unless noted.
|1||Bryan Sala||8||11m 10.9207s|
|2||Andrew Robson||8||11m 12.4048s|
|3||Bill Hemming||8||11m 55.6328s|
|4||Mike Glynn||8||11m 55.7454s|
|5||Jay Bondini||8||12m 25.2902s|
|1||Andrew Robson||10||13m 48.5901s|
|2||Bryan Sala||10||14m 00.6380s|
|3||Mike Glynn||10||14m 27.5569s|
|4||Bill Hemming||10||14m 37.8531s|
|5||Jay Bondini||9||14m 01.8298s|
|6||Robert Harborow||9||14m 11.8597s|
|1||Andrew Robson||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T332 [T330 HU8] - Chevrolet V8||1m 20.7434s|
|2||Paul Zazryn||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T332 [HU32] - Chevrolet V8||1m 22.4314s|
|3||Bryan Sala||(F5000) 5-litre Matich A50/A51  - Chevrolet V8||1m 23.4964s|
|4||Mike Glynn||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T400 [HU15] - Chevrolet V8||1m 26.8580s|
|5||Bill Hemming||(F5000) 5-litre Elfin MR8A-C  - Chevrolet V8||1m 30.1792s|
|6||Jay Bondini||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T332 - Chevrolet V8||1m 30.8812s|
|-||Robert Harborow||(F5000) 5-litre Elfin MR8B-C  - Chevrolet V8|
Notes on the cars:
- Lola T332 [T330 HU8] (Andrew Robson): To Haas/Hall and developed by Jim Hall with revised bodywork, radiators and rear wing for Brian Redman in the 1973 US series. Then to Rogers Racing for Larry Harley in the 1974 US series. To Ken Smith (New Zealand) for the 1974/75 season, the New Zealand and Australian Internationals 1976. To Chris Milton (South Australia) and raced in Australia from Sep 1977 to Sep 1978. To John Blanden 1978, and driven for him by Rob Butcher from 1979 to 1982. To Bib Stillwell 1988 for Australian historic racing. To Noel Robson (Melbourne, Australia) 1993, and raced in Australian historic racing for many years. More information about Lola T330 HU8
- Lola T400 [HU15] (Mike Glynn): See full history: Lola T400 HU15.
- Elfin MR8A-C  (Bill Hemming): New to Vern Schuppan (Adelaide, Australia) and raced as part of Ansett Team Elfin in 1977 Australian Internationals. Converted to Can-Am form, and raced by Schuppan in the Can-Am series in late 1977, and again in 1978 and 1979. Next seen when advertised by Stuart Bradbury (Phoenix, AZ) in July 1984. Advertised by Chuck Haines in 1990. To John Wales and Ron Gouttman (NSW, Australia) in 1990, and raced by Gouttman in Australia in Can-Am form in 1992/93. To Laurie Donaher (NSW) 1998, then to Aaron Lewis (Cessnock, NSW, Australia) in 2001. Restored to F5000 form, and raced in the F5000 Tasman Revival series in 2003/04. To Bill Hemming (Victoria, Australia) 2005, who raced it in the Tasman Revival series from late 2006 onwards.
- Lola T332 (Jay Bondini): This car started life with the Hogan team, was sold to Chuck Haines (St Louis, MO) in 1977, and then to "Bronco" Brad Murphey (Phoenix, AZ) to convert for Can-Am. Neither Murphey nor next owner Arlon Koops (Denver, CO) raced it, but Koops loaned it to Bill Tempero (Ft Collins, CO) for Can-Am 1984. It went to Kent Painter (Fort Collins, CO) in 1988, and was then stored for 21 years until bought by Jay Bondini (Ferntree Gully, Victoria, Australia), who restored it to Hogan Racing 1974 specification. It was raced by Peter Brennan in the 2011 Australian GP support event, and later by Bondini at Australian historic events. Sold to Gary Gunn (Werribee, Victoria, Australia) in 2016. More information about Lola T332 'the Hogan/Haines car'
- Matich A50/A51  (Bryan Sala): New for Frank Matich to win the 1971 Australian GP, then raced in the New Zealand Tasman rounds before being renumbered '002' for the Australian Internationals. Matich won the 1972 Australian Gold Star in this car, and raced it in the 1973 Tasman series. Then to Barry Lewis in 1975 - Peter Roach 1976 - Dave Powell 1976 - John Briggs 1978 and damaged at a hillclimb. Via K & A Engineering to Gavin Sala 1984 or 1985, then to his son Bryan Sala. More information about Matich A50-001/002
- Lola T332 [HU32] (Paul Zazryn): See full history: Lola T332 HU32.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.