VHRR Historic Sandown
Sandown Park, 11 Nov 2012
|1||Andrew Robson||Lola T332 [T330 HU8] - Chevrolet V8
#63 Andrew Robson (see note 1)
|2||Paul Zazryn||Lola T332 [HU32] - Chevrolet V8
#24 Australian Claasic Wire Wheels
(see note 2)
|3||Richard Davison||Lola T332 [HU34] - Chevrolet V8
#6 (see note 3)
|4||Darcy Russell||Lola T330 [HU1] - Chevrolet V8
#7 D'arcy Russell (see note 4)
|5||Tony Floreani||Elfin MR5  - Repco Holden V8
#15 Maxwell Motorsport (see note 5)
|6||Jay Bondini||Lola T332 - Chevrolet V8
#10 Jay Bondini (see note 6)
|DNSF||Paul Trevethan||Elfin ML6  - Leyland P76 Repco V8
#9 Broadwalk MG Centre
|Did not start final|
All cars are 5-litre F5000 unless noted.
|1||Paul Zazryn||7||8m 14.4662s|
|2||Richard Davison||7||8m 18.4103s|
|3||Darcy Russell||7||8m 25.3191s|
|4||Jay Bondini||7||9m 07.3378s|
|1||Andrew Robson||6||7m 05.1839s|
|2||Darcy Russell||6||7m 07.6272s|
|3||Paul Zazryn||6||7m 09.4583s|
|4||Tony Floreani||6||7m 11.8201s|
|5||Richard Davison||6||7m 43.2493s|
|6||Jay Bondini||6||7m 45.9900s|
|1||Richard Davison||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T332 [HU34] - Chevrolet V8||1m 09.6511s|
|2||Andrew Robson||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T332 [T330 HU8] - Chevrolet V8||1m 10.3030s|
|3||Darcy Russell||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T330 [HU1] - Chevrolet V8||1m 11.3251s|
|4||Paul Zazryn||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T332 [HU32] - Chevrolet V8||1m 12.2846s|
|5||Tony Floreani||(F5000) 5-litre Elfin MR5  - Repco Holden V8||1m 13.3660s|
|6||Jay Bondini||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T332 - Chevrolet V8||1m 17.3775s|
|7||Paul Trevethan||(F5000) 5-litre Elfin ML6  - Leyland P76 Repco V8||1m 21.8787s|
Notes on the cars:
- Lola T332 [T330 HU8] (Andrew Robson): To Haas/Hall and developed by Jim Hall with revised bodywork, radiators and rear wing for Brian Redman in the 1973 US series. Then to Rogers Racing for Larry Harley in the 1974 US series. To Ken Smith (New Zealand) for the 1974/75 season, the New Zealand and Australian Internationals 1976. To Chris Milton (South Australia) and raced in Australia from Sep 1977 to Sep 1978. To John Blanden 1978, and driven for him by Rob Butcher from 1979 to 1982. To Bib Stillwell 1988 for Australian historic racing. To Noel Robson (Melbourne, Australia) 1993, and raced in Australian historic racing for many years. More information about Lola T330 HU8
- Lola T332 [HU32] (Paul Zazryn): See full history: Lola T332 HU32.
- Lola T332 [HU34] (Richard Davison): See full history: Lola T332 HU34.
- Lola T330 [HU1] (Darcy Russell): Works car for Frank Gardner at the end of 1972, then to Max Stewart for the 1973 Tasman series, the 1973 US series, 1973 Australian Gold Star, 1974 Tasman, and 1974 Gold Star. In ecember 1974, Kevin Bartlett used the car to win a New Zealand Gold Star race. Driven by David Oxton in the 1975 New Zealand Tasman races, then by Stewart for last two races of Tasman 1975 after he gave up on his Lola T400. Driven by John Leffler, Stewart and Paul Bernasconi during 1975. To Ian Adams (NSW, Australia) 1976, and raced until 1982. Sold by Adams to Darcy Russell (Moorabbin, Victoria, Australia) in 1988, and raced in historic racing from 1992 onwards. Appeared regularly at the VHRR Phillip Island Classic from 1997 to 2016, and in the Australian GP support races in 2009 and 2010. More information about Lola T330 HU1
- Elfin MR5  (Tony Floreani): New to John Walker 1972, but he quickly replaced it with a Matich A50. Sold to Stan Keen and fitted with a Ford V8 later in the 1972 season, but not raced after October 1973. Sold to Peter "Chris" Middleton 1977, and raced in the 1978 Australian Internationals, and in the 1978 and 1979 Australian national seasons. Sold to Tony Parkinson 1979, then to Mike Adams 1981. It was then rebodied by Elfin, renamed 815, and raced by Mike Trengove and by Adams in 1981 and 1982. Sold to Paul Trevethan, then to Peter Brennan (Melbourne, Victoria) in the mid-1980s who restored it to original specification, and fitted a flat plane crank Repco Holden engine. To David Doubtfire in 1991, then to Max Floreani in 1996, and raced by Tony Floreani in historics up to 2013.
- Lola T332 (Jay Bondini): This car started life with the Hogan team, was sold to Chuck Haines (St Louis, MO) in 1977, and then to "Bronco" Brad Murphey (Phoenix, AZ) to convert for Can-Am. Neither Murphey nor next owner Arlon Koops (Denver, CO) raced it, but Koops loaned it to Bill Tempero (Ft Collins, CO) for Can-Am 1984. It went to Kent Painter (Fort Collins, CO) in 1988, and was then stored for 21 years until bought by Jay Bondini (Ferntree Gully, Victoria, Australia), who restored it to Hogan Racing 1974 specification. It was raced by Peter Brennan in the 2011 Australian GP support event, and later by Bondini at Australian historic events. Sold to Gary Gunn (Werribee, Victoria, Australia) in 2016. Sold to Chas Talbot in February 2018 and raced in Australian historic events in 2018, 2019, 2022 and 2023. More information about Lola T332 'the Hogan/Haines car'
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
All comments, clarifications, corrections and additions are most welcome. Please email Allen (email@example.com) if you can help in any way with our research.