Longford, 5 Mar 1960
|1||Jack Brabham||(2.5 F1) 2.5-litre Cooper Mk IV 'T51' [F2-4-59?] - Climax FPF 4
#4 (see note 1)
|2||Alec Mildren||(2.5 F1) 2.5-litre Cooper Mk IV 'T51' [F2-22-59] - Maserati 250S 4
#24 (see note 2)
|3||Bib Stillwell||(2.5 F1) 2.2-litre Cooper Mk IV 'T51' [F2-18-59] - Climax FPF 4
#6 (see note 3)
|4||Arnold Glass||(2.5 F1) 2.5-litre Maserati 250F  6
|5||Jon Leighton||(2.5 F1) 2-litre Cooper Mk III 'T45' [F2-10-58] - Climax FPF 4
|6||Glyn Scott||(2.5 F1) 1.7-litre Cooper Mk II 'T43' [F2-28-57] - Climax FPF 4
|R||Bill Patterson||(2.5 F1) 2-litre Cooper Mk IV 'T51' [F2-15-59] - Climax FPF 4
#9 (see note 4)
|R||Austin Miller||(2.5 F1) 2.2-litre Cooper Mk IV 'T51' [F2-20-59] - Climax FPF 4
#60 (see note 5)
|UNK||Ern Tadgell||(F2) 1.5-litre Sabakat (Lotus 12)  - Climax FWB
|UNK||Doug Whiteford||(sports) 3-litre Maserati 300S  6
|UNK||Ron Phillips||(sports) 3.8-litre Cooper 'T38' [CJ/1/55] - Jaguar 6
|UNK||Lyn Archer||(F2) 1.5-litre Cooper Mk I 'T41' [F2-3-56] - Climax FWB
(see note 6)
|1||Jack Brabham||(2.5 F1) 2.5-litre Cooper Mk IV 'T51' [F2-4-59?] - Climax FPF 4||2m 38s|
|2||Bib Stillwell||(2.5 F1) 2.2-litre Cooper Mk IV 'T51' [F2-18-59] - Climax FPF 4||2m 39s|
|3||Alec Mildren||(2.5 F1) 2.5-litre Cooper Mk IV 'T51' [F2-22-59] - Maserati 250S 4||2m 46s|
|4||Ern Tadgell||(F2) 1.5-litre Sabakat (Lotus 12)  - Climax FWB|
Notes on the cars:
- Cooper Mk IV 'T51' [F2-4-59?] (Jack Brabham): "Works Car No. 2" according to the Cooper Register. Believed to be Jack Brabham's main car during the early part of 1959 and then became a spare car when 27-59 appeared at Zandvoort. According to Doug Nye's Cooper Cars, this would then appear to be Jack Brabham's 1960 NZ GP car.
- Cooper Mk IV 'T51' [F2-22-59] (Alec Mildren): Delivered to A Mildren (Australia) less engine in Oct 1959 according to the Cooper Register.
- Cooper Mk IV 'T51' [F2-18-59] (Bib Stillwell): Delivered to Norman Hamilton (Australia) in July according to the Cooper Register.
- Cooper Mk IV 'T51' [F2-15-59] (Bill Patterson): Delivered to B Patterson less engine according to the Cooper Register. First raced by Bill Patterson at Port Wakefield in October 1960 where it was fitted with a 2-litre Climax engine. Raced by Patterson until crashed at Lakeside in 1961, after which Patterson raced an "ex-works" Cooper T51 that he had acquired earlier in the season. F2-15-59 was repaired and kept as a spare car being raced by Doug Whiteford on occasions. In 1962, the car was sold to Englishman John Brindley who raced it at Calder in April or May 1962. Brindley raced the car in minor events during 1962 until suffering a massive accident in a minor race at Sandown Park on 16 Sep 1962. The Autosportsman report on the race said "The car must be very nearly a complete write-off". The fate of the wreck is unknown but it is widely believed that the car somehow returned to Patterson and was the damaged car that Murray Richards acquired from Patterson in 1988. Richards started to restore the car but this was incomplete when he died in early 2000. The car was still with Richards' sons in 2010. If the Richards brothers' car is the Patterson/Brindley car, its return from Brindley to Patterson remains unexplained.
- Cooper Mk IV 'T51' [F2-20-59] (Austin Miller): Delivered to Stan Jones (Australia) according to the Cooper Register but with a note that it was transferred to R Stillwell.
- Cooper Mk I 'T41' [F2-3-56] (Lyn Archer): Jack Brabham was allocated the second Mk I which first appeared in his hands at the Oulton Park Gold Cup in Sep 1956. After a second race in October, Brabham took the car to New Zealand and Australia and, after an impressive run of results, sold it to Alex Mildren. It was later owned by Arthur Griffiths, John Roxburgh and Lyn Archer. This car now bears the chassis plate F2-P-56. (Sources: Cooper Cars, Nye; Historic Racing Cars in Australia, Blanden)
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
These results have been compiled by David McKinney from a wide rangle of sources, including his own magazine articles and books. The 1959-1963 results are complete but for the 1957 and 1958 seasons, the only cars currently shown in the results are the F1, Intercontinental and F2 cars that feature elsewhere on this site plus the major Australian specials.
All comments, clarifications, corrections and additions are most welcome. Please email Allen if you can add anything.