BP Super Visco Static Formula 3 Race
Silverstone, 25 Aug 1975
|1||Eddie Cheever||Modus M1 [023-F3] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
|2||Alex Dias Ribeiro||March 753  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#1 March Engineering
|3||Gunnar Nilsson||March 753 [U1] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#2 March Engineering
|4||Danny Sullivan||Modus M1 [014-F3] - Ford twin cam Neil Brown
#33 Team Modus
|5||Patrick Neve||Safir RJ03 - Ford twin cam Holbay
#58 Safir Engineering Ltd
|6||Stephen South||Ray 75F3 [75.F3.01] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#46 Rayrace International
|7||Tim Brise||Modus M1 [10/16-F3] - Ford twin cam Neil Brown
#34 Team Modus
|8||Ingo Hoffmann||March 753 [16 or 18] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#9 Creditum Investments Brazil
|9||Bob Arnott||March 743  - Ford twin cam Neil Brown
#12 Swan Song Records (see note 1)
|10||Dick Parsons||Modus M1 [006-F3] - Ford twin cam
|UNK||Chris Barnett||March 753  - BMW M10 Schnitzer
|UNK||Graham Hamilton||March 753  - Ford twin cam Novamotor
#5 Macdonald Shand/Ecurie Ecosse
|UNK||Hervé Regout||March 753  - BMW M10 Schrick
#6 Bang & Olufsen Team Michel Vaillant
(see note 2)
|UNK||Pierre Dieudonné||March 753  - BMW M10 Schrick
#7 Bang & Olufsen Team Michel Vaillant
(see note 3)
|UNK||Rupert Keegan||March 743  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#10 British Air Ferries Racing Team
|UNK||Dyfed Roberts||March 743  - Ford twin cam Novamotor
|UNK||Richard Hawkins||March 743  - Ford twin cam Novamotor
#17 F.S.Ratcliffe Springs
|UNK||Peter Dugdale||March 733  - Ford ohc Holbay
#18 Eric Dugdale Group Racing
|UNK||Steve Pettitt||March 733  - Ford twin cam Neil Brown
#19 Joe Simons Racing
|UNK||Donald MacLeod||GRD 375 [098-F3] - Ford twin cam Neil Brown
#27 GRD Ltd (see note 4)
|UNK||Doug Bassett||GRD 374 [090-F3?] - Ford twin cam
#28 Pitchmastic Ltd (see note 5)
|UNK||John Lain||GRD 375 [373 057-F3] - Ford ohc Holbay
#29 Imago Watch Co Ltd
|UNK||Len Smith||GRD 373 - Ford twin cam
|UNK||Jimmy Fuller||GRD 374 - Ford twin cam Novamotor
|UNK||Larry Perkins||Ralt RT1/75  - Ford twin cam Novamotor
#44 Team Cowangie
|UNK||Terry Perkins||Ralt RT1/75  - Ford twin cam Novamotor
#45 Team Cowangie
|UNK||Tony Rouff||Ehrlich ES5 - Ford twin cam Vegantune
#52 Dr Joseph Ehrlich
|UNK||Ken Silverstone||Hawke 'DL15' [DL14-1] - Ford twin cam
|UNK||Andy MacGregor||GRD 373/4 - Ford twin cam
All cars are 2-litre F3 unless noted.
|1||Eddie Cheever||(F3) 2-litre Modus M1 [023-F3] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||0.55.6|
|2||Ingo Hoffmann||(F3) 2-litre March 753 [16 or 18] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||0.56.2|
|3||Danny Sullivan||(F3) 2-litre Modus M1 [014-F3] - Ford twin cam Neil Brown||0.56.2|
|4||Patrick Neve||(F3) 2-litre Safir RJ03 - Ford twin cam Holbay||0.56.2|
|5||Richard Hawkins||(F3) 2-litre March 743  - Ford twin cam Novamotor||0.56.4|
|6||Alex Dias Ribeiro||(F3) 2-litre March 753  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor|
|7||Gunnar Nilsson||(F3) 2-litre March 753 [U1] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor|
|8||Stephen South||(F3) 2-litre Ray 75F3 [75.F3.01] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor|
Notes on the cars:
- March 743  (Bob Arnott): New to Ippokampos Racing for Australian racer Buzz Buzaglo to use in British and European F3 in 1974. Used by Tom Pryce at the Monaco GP F3 support race. Sold to Bob Arnott for 1975 and retained for the first few weeks of the 1976 season. Sold to Colin Myles (Holmes Chapel, Cheshire) and fitted with a 1098cc Hart engine for hillclimbs from 1979 or earlier.
- March 753  (Hervé Regout): Originally a car belonging to the B&O team in 1975, when used by Hervé Regout. Chassis number for this car and its sister, driven by Pierre Dieudonné, were observed by AF at Oulton Park 4 October 1975. Sold in 1976 to Phil Silverstone, and retained until early 1978 at least. At the beginning of 1978 Ian Flux joined Cloud Engineering, who ran Phil Silverstone, and in the absence of anything better he used this car, which Silverstone had replaced with a Ralt, for the first race of the Vandervell series. See Autosport 9 Mar 1978 p41.
- March 753  (Pierre Dieudonné): Originally a car belonging to the B&O team in 1975, when used by Pierre Dieudonné. Chassis number for this car and its sister, driven by Hervé Regout, observed by AF at Oulton Park 4 October 1975. Sold to Ken Silverstone for the 1976 season [Autosport 2 Sep 1976 p33 says his car is ‘ex Dieudonné.) To Wyatt Stanley in mid 1977 and retained by him for the 1978 season.
- GRD 375 [098-F3] (Donald MacLeod): Raced by Ian Taylor and Donald MacLeod in 1975, then to Ian Rimmer for Formula 4 in 1977 and 1978. It was owned by Jim Ward, John Smith and Roger Hurst during the 1980s and 1990s before being rebuilt by Peter Denty in 1995 and sold to Erwin Mundt (Germany) in 1997.
- GRD 374 [090-F3?] (Doug Bassett): New to Team Brasil for Marcos Moraes to race in British F3 in 1974. Also raced by his elder brother Luis Correira Moraes after Marcos Moraes was injured while testing. The car was identified as 089-F3 during 1974. Sold for 1975 to Doug Bassett and continued in British F3, but identified now as 090-F3. Bassett reappeared briefly at the start of 1976 in this car. Subsequent history unknown.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
These British Formula 3 results have been compiled by Chris Townsend using the main British magazines Autosport and Motoring News but also the US magazine On Track which carried surprisingly good coverage of the British series.
All comments, clarifications, corrections and additions are most welcome. Please email Allen if you can add anything.