Marlboro British Formula 3 Championship Race
Oulton Park, 7 Aug 1982
|1||Enrique Mansilla||Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#2 West Surrey Racing (see note 1)
|2||Dave Scott||Ralt RT3/82  - VW Brabham
Mint Engineering (see note 2)
|3||Mike White||Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Hesketh
#12 Murray Taylor Racing (see note 3)
|4||James Weaver||Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
Eddie Jordan Racing (see note 4)
|5||Mike O'Brien||Anson SA3C  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia
|6||Tim Lee-Davey||Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Hesketh
Murray Taylor Racing (see note 5)
|7||Peter Argetsinger||Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia
HART (see note 6)
|8||Roberto Moreno||Ralt RT3/81  - Alfa Romeo Novamotor
#4 Ivens Lumar Racing (see note 7)
|9||Martin Brundle||Ralt RT3/82  - VW Brabham
Dave Price Racing (see note 8)
|11||Throttle return spring|
|10||Ed Jones||March 813  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia
(see note 9)
|11||Tony Trevor||Ralt RT3/81 - Toyota 2T-G Anglia
All cars are 2-litre F3 unless noted.
|1||Dave Scott||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - VW Brabham||0.57.24|
|2||Roberto Moreno||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81  - Alfa Romeo Novamotor||0.57.25|
|3||Enrique Mansilla||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||0.57.43|
|4||Martin Brundle||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - VW Brabham||0.57.47|
|5||Mike White||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Hesketh||0.57.62|
|6||James Weaver||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||0.57.88|
|7||Mike O'Brien||(F3) 2-litre Anson SA3C  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia||0.58.18|
|8||Tim Lee-Davey||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Hesketh||0.58.20|
|9||Tony Trevor||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81 - Toyota 2T-G Anglia||0.58.59|
|10||Peter Argetsinger||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia||0.58.62|
|11||Ed Jones||(F3) 2-litre March 813  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia||0.59.72|
Notes on the cars:
- Ralt RT3/82  (Enrique Mansilla): Sold to West Surrey Racing for Enrique Mansilla. Badly damaged in testing at Goodwood in late February, rebuilt in time for first race of 1982 season, but Mansilla then preferred the older WSR car until Silverstone 31 May. Used by Senna to win his first F3 race at Thruxton at the end of the season. For sale Autosport 14 Oct 1982 p68.
- Ralt RT3/82  (Dave Scott): Sold to Mint Engineering for Dave Scott in early July 1982. To Carlton Tingling for 1983 (Autosport 3 Mar 1982 p37) and retained 1984.
- Ralt RT3/81  (Mike White): Sold new 9 Apr 1981 to Murray Taylor Racing. Used as spare car by Raul Boesel (see Autosport 16 Apr 1981 p8), became regular race car by mid season, replacing chassis 216. Retained 1981 and used by Tommy Byrne in early season in preference to new 1982 model, chassis 282. Autosport 11 Mar 1982 says that Byrne uses Taylor's older Ralt at the first round at Silverstone. Byrne went back to this car, rebuilt on a new tub, at Brands 11 Jul 1982.
- Ralt RT3/82  (James Weaver): Sold to Eddie Jordan, 17 Feb 1982, initially for Fernando Macedo. Taken over by Phil Kempe at Silverstone 31 May. Raced by David Leslie at Cadwell when Kempe had glandular fever. Weaver finally got to drive the car at Oulton 7 Aug, then used by Paul Bishop a week later.
- Ralt RT3/82  (Tim Lee-Davey): Sold to Murray Taylor Racing 26 Feb 1982 but not debuted until Snetterton 2 May, driven by Tommy Byrne. Taken over by Lee-Davey at Brands 11 Jul. Rented to Dave Coyne for Oulton 26 Sep.
- Ralt RT3/81  (Peter Argetsinger): Sold to Murray Taylor Racing 21 Jan 1981. Initially Raul Boesel's race car, then later used by Tim Lee-Davey (British GP support race) and Tommy Byrne. For sale Autosport 4 Feb 1982 p61 MTR offer 81 RT3 'as driven by Boesel, Byrne and Lee-Davey'. Sold to Peter Argetsinger (Autosport 25 Feb 1982 p5 says ex Boesel; Motoring News says ex-Lee Davey, so the older 1981 MTR car). Also rented to David Sears.
- Ralt RT3/81  (Roberto Moreno): Sold to Hope Scott Garage and used by David Leslie in the 1981 season. Sold to Mike Reed (Ivens Lumar Racing) Autosport 3 Sep 1981 p3. Ivens Lumar ran Alfonso Toledano in the car in early 1981 (Autosport 21 Jan 1982 p6). Rebuilt on an 82 spec tub after accident at R3 (Motoring News 1 Apr 1982 p20; the car is described as 'new' by Autosport when it reappears at Thruxton on 12 Apr). Then run for Roberto Moreno from Mallory Park 25 Apr.
- Ralt RT3/82  (Martin Brundle): Sold to Dave Price Racing in May 1982 and debuted by Jean-Louis Schlesser at Monaco (Autosport 3 Jun 1982 p17). Chassis number given in Autosort 7 Oct 1982. Used by Brundle from Silverstone 31 May onwards after damage to 294 at Dijon. Sold to Ronnie Grant, 1983 and retained 1984.
- March 813  (Ed Jones): Sold to Victor Rosso, 26 Apr 1981 and used in British series. Sold to Major Bob Birrell for 1982 and driven by Ed Jones at Cadwell. Retained 1983 and used by Jan Thoelke in German series.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
These British Formula 3 results have been compiled by Chris Townsend using the main British magazines Autosport and Motoring News but also the US magazine On Track which carried surprisingly good coverage of the British series.
All comments, clarifications, corrections and additions are most welcome. Please email Allen if you can add anything.