Marlboro British Formula 3 Championship Race
Oulton Park, 26 Sep 1982
|1||Martin Brundle||Ralt RT3/82  - VW Brabham
#6 Dave Price Racing (see note 1)
|2||Dave Scott||Ralt RT3/82  - VW Brabham
#3 Mint Engineering (see note 2)
|3||Enrique Mansilla||Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Nicholson
#2 West Surrey Racing (see note 3)
|4||Mario Hytten||Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia
#41 DB Motorsport (see note 4)
|5||David Leslie||Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Hesketh
Eddie Jordan Racing (see note 5)
|6||Dave Coyne||Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Hesketh
#11 Murray Taylor Racing (see note 6)
|7||James Weaver||Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
Eddie Jordan Racing (see note 7)
|8||David Sears||Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia
HART (see note 8)
|9||Tony Trevor||Ralt RT3/81 - Toyota 2T-G Anglia
|10||Warren Briggs||Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Nicholson
Mick Cook Racing (see note 9)
|11||Josh Wright||Pilbeam MP51  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia
Abbey Farm Racing
|12||Mike O'Brien||Anson SA3C  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia
All cars are 2-litre F3 unless noted.
|1||Martin Brundle||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - VW Brabham||0.57.36|
|2||Dave Scott||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - VW Brabham||0.57.54|
|3||James Weaver||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||0.57.73|
|4||Enrique Mansilla||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Nicholson||0.57.81|
|5||David Leslie||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Hesketh||0.58.11|
|6||Dave Coyne||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Hesketh||0.58.43|
|7||Mario Hytten||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia||0.58.50|
|8||Tony Trevor||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81 - Toyota 2T-G Anglia||0.58.58|
|9||David Sears||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia||0.58.60|
|10||Mike O'Brien||(F3) 2-litre Anson SA3C  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia||0.58.98|
|11||Warren Briggs||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Nicholson||0.59.00|
|12||Josh Wright||(F3) 2-litre Pilbeam MP51  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia||1.00.09|
Notes on the cars:
- Ralt RT3/82  (Martin Brundle): Sold to Dave Price Racing in May 1982 and debuted by Jean-Louis Schlesser at Monaco (Autosport 3 Jun 1982 p17). Chassis number given in Autosort 7 Oct 1982. Used by Brundle from Silverstone 31 May onwards after damage to 294 at Dijon. Sold to Ronnie Grant, 1983 and retained 1984.
- Ralt RT3/82  (Dave Scott): Sold to Mint Engineering for Dave Scott in early July 1982. To Carlton Tingling for 1983 (Autosport 3 Mar 1982 p37) and retained 1984.
- Ralt RT3/82  (Enrique Mansilla): Sold to West Surrey Racing for Enrique Mansilla. Badly damaged in testing at Goodwood in late February, rebuilt in time for first race of 1982 season, but Mansilla then preferred the older WSR car until Silverstone 31 May. Used by Senna to win his first F3 race at Thruxton at the end of the season. For sale Autosport 14 Oct 1982 p68.
- Ralt RT3/81  (Mario Hytten): Sold to Neil Trundle 20 Feb 1981 and used by Claus Schinkel in the British series. Retained early 1982 and driven by Luis Schafer (Autosport 4 Mar 1982 'ex Schinkel'), then sold to DB Racing for Mario Hytten when a 1982 spec car arrived.
- Ralt RT3/82  (David Leslie): Sold to Eddie Jordan, 17 Feb 1982, initially for Fernando Macedo. Taken over by Phil Kempe at Silverstone 31 May. Raced by David Leslie at Cadwell when Kempe had glandular fever. Weaver finally got to drive the car at Oulton 7 Aug, then used by Paul Bishop a week later.
- Ralt RT3/82  (Dave Coyne): Sold to Murray Taylor Racing 26 Feb 1982 but not debuted until Snetterton 2 May, driven by Tommy Byrne. Taken over by Lee-Davey at Brands 11 Jul. Rented to Dave Coyne for Oulton 26 Sep.
- Ralt RT3/81  (James Weaver): Sold to Eddie Jordan 22 Feb 1981 and used throughout 1981, mainly by David Sears. Autosport 25 Feb 1982 p4 advises that Jordan's 81 spec Ralt will be driven in 1982 by James Weaver. (A new 82 spec car - chassis 293 - had been purchased for Fernando Macedo to drive.) Used to win Donington Euro round 4 Apr 1982. Retained as spare car early 1983 and driven by Tommy Grunnah at first British round.
- Ralt RT3/81  (David Sears): Sold to Murray Taylor Racing 21 Jan 1981. Initially Raul Boesel's race car, then later used by Tim Lee-Davey (British GP support race) and Tommy Byrne. For sale Autosport 4 Feb 1982 p61 MTR offer 81 RT3 'as driven by Boesel, Byrne and Lee-Davey'. Sold to Peter Argetsinger (Autosport 25 Feb 1982 p5 says ex Boesel; Motoring News says ex-Lee Davey, so the older 1981 MTR car). Also rented to David Sears.
- Ralt RT3/81  (Warren Briggs): Sold to Dave Scott 16 Jun 1981 and used by him in the latter part of the 1981 season. Used in first part of 1982 (1981 spec car with 82 front suspension Autosport 25 Feb 1982 p4). Sold to Mick Cook Racing ('ex-Scott 82 spec' Autosport 23 Sep 1982 p6) and run as rental car.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' orginal results.
These British Formula 3 results have been compiled by Chris Townsend using the main British magazines Autosport and Motoring News but also the US magazine On Track which carried surprisingly good coverage of the British series.
All comments, clarifications, corrections and additions are most welcome. Please email Allen if you can add anything.