Sandown Park, 14 Sep 1975
|1||Johnnie Walker||Lola T332 [T330 HU23(B)] - Repco Holden V8
#25 J Walker
|2||Bruce Allison||Lola T332 [T330 HU22-2] - Chevrolet V8
#62 Hobby & Toyland Racing (see note 1)
|3||Kevin Bartlett||Lola T400 [HU1] - Chevrolet V8
#5 Shell Racing/K Bartlett
|4||John Leffler||Bowin P8 [P8-136-74] - Chevrolet V8
#7 Grace Bros-Levi's Racing Team
|5||Paul Bernasconi||Lola T330 [HU1] - Chevrolet V8
#6 Sharp Corporation (see note 2)
|6||John Goss||Matich A53  - Repco Holden V8
#2 John Goss Racing P/L
|7||Max Stewart||Lola T400 [HU2] - Chevrolet V8
#1 Sharp Corporation
|NC||Chris Milton||McLaren M18/M22 [500-01] - Chevrolet V8
#10 Milpower Heads/Shell Racing
|R||Jon Davison||Matich A50  - Repco Holden V8
#4 J Davison (see note 3)
|R||Terry Hook||Lola T332 ['071-084'] - Chevrolet V8
#15 Sharp Corporation
|R||Garrie Cooper||Elfin MR5-B  - Repco Holden V8
#12 Ansett Team Elfin (see note 4)
|R||John McCormack||Elfin MR6  - Repco Holden V8
#9 Ansett Racing Team
|DNA||Gil Cameron||McLaren M10B [400-02] - Chevrolet V8
#17 G Cameron (see note 5)
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||Stephen Fraser||Cicada  - Chevrolet V8
#21 D.G. & S.H. Fraser
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||Denis Lupton||(ANF2) 1.6-litre Brabham BT28  - Ford twin cam
#35 D Lupton (see note 6)
|Did not arrive|
All cars are 5-litre F5000 unless noted.
|1||Johnnie Walker||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T332 [T330 HU23(B)] - Repco Holden V8||01.03.5|
|2||John McCormack||(F5000) 5-litre Elfin MR6  - Repco Holden V8||01.03.5|
|3||Bruce Allison||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T332 [T330 HU22-2] - Chevrolet V8||01.03.8|
|4||John Goss||(F5000) 5-litre Matich A53  - Repco Holden V8||01.03.8|
|5||Max Stewart||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T400 [HU2] - Chevrolet V8||01.04.1|
|6||Garrie Cooper||(F5000) 5-litre Elfin MR5-B  - Repco Holden V8||01.05.1|
|7||Jon Davison||(F5000) 5-litre Matich A50  - Repco Holden V8||01.05.3|
|8||John Leffler||(F5000) 5-litre Bowin P8 [P8-136-74] - Chevrolet V8||01.07.6|
|9||Terry Hook||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T332 ['071-084'] - Chevrolet V8||01.09.0|
|10||Chris Milton||(F5000) 5-litre McLaren M18/M22 [500-01] - Chevrolet V8||01.09.1|
|11||Kevin Bartlett||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T400 [HU1] - Chevrolet V8||01.10.9|
|12||Paul Bernasconi||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T330 [HU1] - Chevrolet V8||01.10.9|
Notes on the cars:
- Lola T332 [T330 HU22-2] (Bruce Allison): New to Kevin Bartlett (Aus) 1973. First raced in Australia Sep 1973, then in Tasman 1974 but crashed in practice at Pukekohe and effectively written off. Rebuilt on T332 tub and raced in Gold Star from August 1974. To Bruce Allison March 1975 and raced in Australian Gold Star 1975, and New Zealand and Australian Internationals 1976, but crashed and heavily damaged at Oran Park 1 Feb. Rebuilt again on another T332 tub and raced by Allison later in 1976. Sold to Kevin Bartlett for Australian Internationals 1977, then to Johnnie Walker (Aus) September 1977, and raced in Australia in 1978 and 1979. History then unknown until reappeared with Bob Minogue (Aus) in 1987, then to Paul Cromarty (Aus), then Adrian Whapham (NZ) in 1994 or 1995. To Stan Redmond (Christchurch, NZ) by 2001 and raced in F5000 Tasman Revival series. To Peter Sundberg (Auckland, New Zealand) 2009. Still owned by Sundberg in 2013. More information about Lola T330 HU22
- Lola T330 [HU1] (Paul Bernasconi): Works car for Frank Gardner at the end of 1972, then to Max Stewart for the 1973 Tasman series, the 1973 US series, 1973 Australian Gold Star, 1974 Tasman, and 1974 Gold Star. Driven by David Oxton in the 1975 New Zealand Tasman races, then by Stewart for last two races of Tasman 1975 after he gave up on his Lola T400. Driven by John Leffler, Stewart and Paul Bernasconi during 1975. To Ian Adams (NSW, Australia) 1976, and raced until 1982. Sold by Adams to Darcy Russell (Moorabbin, Victoria, Australia) in 1988, and raced in historic racing from 1992 onwards. Appeared regularly at the VHRR Phillip Island Classic from 1997 to 2016, and in the Australian GP support races in 2009 and 2010. More information about Lola T330 HU1
- Matich A50  (Jon Davison): Bought by Johnny Walker, and fitted with the engine and transmission from his Elfin MR5. Raced by Walker in the 1972 Australian Gold Star, 1973 Australian Internationals, then to America for four races in the US series. To Jon Davison for the 1974 Australian Gold Star and 1975 Australian Internationals 1975 Australian Gold Star, 1976 Australian Internationals, 1976 Australian Gold Star, and 1977 Australian Internationals. To Bronwyn Taylor 1977 and raced in 1978 and 1979 - Geoff Munyard 1980 - leased to Kevin Leighton 1982 - Graham Stoll - Peter Brennan - Ziggy Schueller 1990 - Ken Smith (NZ) 1992 or 1993 - James Boult (NZ) 1996 - Russell Greer (NZ) 1996 - Richard Bendell (Australia) 2001 - Aaron Lewis 2004 - Philip Lewis 2013.
- Elfin MR5-B  (Garrie Cooper): Works Elfin Sports Cars entry for Garrie Cooper in the 1972 Tasman and Australian Gold Star, the 1973 Tasman and Australian Gold Star, the 1974 Tasman and Australian Gold Star, and the 1975 Tasman and Australian Gold Star. Rebuilt in August 1975 as the MR5-B. Sold to John Edmonds for the last race of the Australian Gold Star, then the 1976 New Zealand and Australian Internationals, the 1976 national season, and the 1977 Australian Internationals. Then to Phil Ward 1977, and then with Mike Pope from 1980 to 1986. History then unknown until bought from Geoff Munday by Gavin Sala. Sold by Sala to Ken Smith in Nnew Zealand, and reportedly with Barrie Flett in 1994. The car is said to have spent time in a museum in NZ, before being bought by Smith again, and sold back to Geoff Munday some time before 2014.
- McLaren M10B [400-02] (Gil Cameron): New to Neil Allen (Australia) late 1969, and raced in 1970 and 1971 Tasman series. To Kevin Bartlett for 1971 Australian Gold Star and 1972 Tasman 1972, then to US for at least one race in 1972. Then unknown until bought by Gil Cameron, and raced in Australia from 1975 to 1977. Donated parts to Tony Edmondson's Alfetta Chev sports sedan, and the remainder of the car stored at Elfin during the 1980s. Subsequent history unknown, but later owned by Llynden Riethmuller (Sydney, Australia) in 2007. After Riethmuller's death, sold to Alan Hamilton in 2011, and restored for historic racing. More information about McLaren M10B 400-2
- Brabham BT28  (Denis Lupton): New to Mike Stowe's Car Consultants (USA) and entered for Stowe and David Cole to race in late-1969 F3 with a Felday engine. Sold to Dick Barker in December but crashed at the Mallory Park Boxing Day libre race. Raced by Barker in F3 and in libre in 1970 but crashed again at Oulton Park on 25 May 1970. Sold to Bobby Howlings late 1970, and then to Alan Joy who updated it for the new 1600cc F3 in 1971. Next seen with Spencer Elton (Westbury, Wiltshire) in March 1972 and sold to David Wadham-Smith. Returned Elton in January 1973. Later sold by Low Cost Racing to Greg Bowden and then to Denis Lupton (Australia) who converted it to ANF2 specification with a 1.6-litre - Ford twin cam, running it from 1975 to 1977. Still owned by Denis in 2009.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
Australian Gold Star results for the period 1971-1976 are now available from a variety Australian magazines and yearbooks. As well as Racing Car News, results have been cross-checked against the 1972 Australian Motoring Yearbook and the 1973 and 1974 Australian Competition Yearbooks. Information is added from Autosport where available. The 1975 season was collated by Glenn Moulds using Racing Car News, Australian Auto Action, Chequered Flag, Australian Competition Year, "50 Years Of The Australian Grand Prix" and "Australia's Elfin Sports and Racing Cars". For the 1976 season, Glenn was also able to use Motor Sport Reporter from R3 Calder onwards.
All comments, clarifications, corrections and additions are most welcome. Please email Allen if you can add anything.