Players (Canadian) Formula Atlantic Series Race
Mont-Tremblant, 11 Jul 1976
|1||Gilles Villeneuve||March 76B [10 or 15?] - Ford BDA Morris
#69 Ecurie Canada (see note 1)
|2||Tom Klausler||Lola T460 [HU6] - Ford BDA Traylor
#63 (see note 2)
|3||Elliot Forbes-Robinson||Tui BH2  - Ford BDA Nicholson
|4||Bertil Roos||Ralt RT1  - Ford BDA Hart
#2 Brian Robertson
|5||Bobby Rahal||March 76B [4?] - Ford BDA McCoy
#9 (see note 3)
|6||Price Cobb||March 76B  - Ford BDA Race Shop
#8 Doug Shierson Racing (see note 4)
|7||Tom Pumpelly||March 76B - Ford BDA Cosworth
|8||Héctor Rebaque||Lola T460 [HU1] - Ford BDA Traylor
(see note 5)
|9||James King||March 76B - Ford BDA Race Shop
#47 Doug Shierson Racing (see note 6)
|10||Howdy Holmes||Chevron B34 [34.76.26] - Ford BDA BSR
#24 Bill Scott Racing
|11||Bobby Brown||March 76B  - Ford BDA Hart
#79 Carroll Smith (see note 7)
|12||Tim Coconis||Lola T460 [HU17] - Ford BDA Cosworth
#83 (see note 8)
|13||Bruce Jensen||Chevron B29 [29-75-14] - Ford BDA Hart
|14||Tim Cooper||March 76B [75B?] - Ford BDA CRW
#17 Wilbur Bunce Racing (see note 9)
|15||Chip Mead||Ralt RT1  - Ford BDA Nicholson
|16||Marcel Talbot||Chevron B29 - Ford BDA Morris
#10 Tamaco Industries (see note 10)
|17||Frank Del Vecchio||March 73B - Ford twin cam Cosworth
#39 (see note 11)
|18||Rick Bell||Chevron B34 [34.76.18] - Ford BDA Hart
#78 Bell Racing
|19||Carl Liebich||Chevron B29 [29-75-03] - Ford BDA Hart
|20||Craig Hill||Lola T460 - Ford BDA Hart
#25 Quick-Trans/Gabriel (see note 12)
|21||Bill Brack||Chevron B34 [34.76.14] - Ford BDA Hart
|22||William Kneeland||Chevron B29 - Ford BDA Hart
#14 (see note 13)
|23||Marty Loft||March 76B - Ford BDA Race Shop
#4 Doug Shierson Racing
|24||Hugh "Wink" Bancroft||Chevron B34 [34.76.16] - Ford BDA Hart
Fred Opert Racing (see note 14)
|25||Syd Demovsky||Chevron B29 [29-75-23] - Ford BDA Smith
#80 B&B Racing
|26||Tom Gloy||Lola T460 [HU4] - Ford BDA Nicholson
#37 Pierre's Motors (see note 15)
|26||Collision with Bancroft|
|27||Vince Muzzin||March 75B - Ford BDA
#99 (see note 16)
|28||Lloyd Callaway||Chevron B34 - Ford BDA Hart
#52 Callaway Racing
|29||Robert J. Nelkin||Chevron B34 - Ford BDA Hart
#67 Nelkin Racing Org.
|30||Dave Walker||March 722/75B - Ford BDA Nicholson
#11 Rick Shea (see note 17)
|31||Seb Barone||March 76B - Ford BDA Cosworth
#28 Isola Racing (see note 18)
|32||Len Campbell||March 73B  - Ford BDA
|33||Tom Outcault||March 76B [6?] - Ford BDA Cosworth
#31 (see note 19)
|34||Richard Melville||Lola T460 [HU7] - Ford BDA CRW
#30 Wilbur Bunce Racing (see note 20)
|35||Gilles Léger||Chevron B34 [34.76.15] - Ford BDA Hart
#72 Gilles Leger Racing
|36||Joe Shepherd||March 75B - Ford BDA Cosworth
(see note 21)
|37||Richard Spenard||Lola T460 - Ford BDA Hart
#22 Planter's Peanuts (see note 22)
|38||Juan Cochesa||Chevron B34 [34.76.19] - Ford BDA Hart
Fred Opert Racing
|39||Kevin Cogan||Chevron B34 [34.76.20] - Ford BDA Hart
#3 Cogan Racing
|40||Herman Gugliotta||March 76B - Ford BDA Cosworth
#33 Isola Racing (see note 23)
|DNQH||Joe Colantonio||Lola T360 - Ford BDA
#18 Colantino Racing (see note 24)
|Did not qualify from heats|
|DNQH||Lynn Bentson||Modus M3 [041-FA] - Ford BDA Cosworth
#77 Lynn Bentson Racing
|Did not qualify from heats|
|DNQH||Victor Larose||Lola T360 - Ford BDA Cosworth
#71 (see note 25)
|Did not qualify from heats|
|DNQH||Gary Magwood||Lola T360 [HU6] - Ford BDA
#27 (see note 26)
|Did not qualify from heats|
|DNQH||Peter W. Broeker||Stebro
|Did not qualify from heats|
|DNQH||Howard Kelly||Brabham BT40 - Ford BDA Hart
#13 (see note 27)
|Did not qualify from heats|
|DNS||Michael Landrum||Lola T460 [HU9] - Ford BDA Cosworth
#36 Pierre's Motors (see note 28)
|Did not start|
|DNS||Bill Scott||Chevron B34 [34.76.10] - Ford BDA BSR
#44 Bill Scott Racing
|Did not start|
|DNS||Hugh Cree||Chevron B29 [29-75-08] - Ford BDA Hart
|Did not start|
|DNS||Tom Christ||Chevron B27 [27-74-18] - Ford BDA
#53 (see note 29)
|Did not start|
|DNQ||Cliff Hansen||March 76B  - Ford BDA Race Shop
#6 Doug Shierson Racing (see note 30)
|Did not qualify|
|DNQ||Mauro Lanaro||March 712M [71BM-2?] - Ford BDA
#35 (see note 31)
|Did not qualify|
|DNQ||Ron Rogers||March 74B  - Ford BDA Cosworth
#73 (see note 32)
|Did not qualify|
All cars are 1.6-litre F/Atl unless noted.
|1||Gilles Villeneuve||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B [10 or 15?] - Ford BDA Morris||1.33.443|
|2||Tom Klausler||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lola T460 [HU6] - Ford BDA Traylor||1.33.963|
|3||Bobby Rahal||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B [4?] - Ford BDA McCoy||1.34.018|
|4||Bertil Roos||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Ralt RT1  - Ford BDA Hart||1.34.357|
|5||Bill Brack||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 [34.76.14] - Ford BDA Hart||1.34.686|
|6||Price Cobb||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B  - Ford BDA Race Shop||1.34.956|
|7||Dave Walker||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 722/75B - Ford BDA Nicholson||1.35.298|
|8||Elliot Forbes-Robinson||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Tui BH2  - Ford BDA Nicholson||1.35.422|
|9||James King||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B - Ford BDA Race Shop||1.35.849|
|10||Héctor Rebaque||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lola T460 [HU1] - Ford BDA Traylor||1.35.965|
|11||Tom Pumpelly||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B - Ford BDA Cosworth||1.36.070|
|12||Marty Loft||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B - Ford BDA Race Shop||1.36.076|
|13||Hugh "Wink" Bancroft||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 [34.76.16] - Ford BDA Hart||1.36.215|
|14||Richard Melville||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lola T460 [HU7] - Ford BDA CRW||1.36.567|
|15||Bobby Brown||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B  - Ford BDA Hart||1.36.610|
|16||Frank Del Vecchio||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 73B - Ford twin cam Cosworth||1.36.759|
|17||Craig Hill||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lola T460 - Ford BDA Hart||1.36.768|
|18||Bruce Jensen||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B29 [29-75-14] - Ford BDA Hart||1.36.826|
|19||Chip Mead||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Ralt RT1  - Ford BDA Nicholson||1.36.904|
|20||Bill Scott *||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 [34.76.10] - Ford BDA BSR||1.37.070|
|21||Seb Barone||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B - Ford BDA Cosworth||1.37.095|
|22||Richard Spenard||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lola T460 - Ford BDA Hart||1.37.205|
|23||Juan Cochesa||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 [34.76.19] - Ford BDA Hart||1.37.255|
|24||Kevin Cogan||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 [34.76.20] - Ford BDA Hart||1.37.268|
|25||Howdy Holmes||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 [34.76.26] - Ford BDA BSR||1.37.327|
|26||Tom Gloy||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lola T460 [HU4] - Ford BDA Nicholson||1.37.391|
|27||Tim Coconis||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lola T460 [HU17] - Ford BDA Cosworth||1.37.633|
|28||Marcel Talbot||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B29 - Ford BDA Morris||1.37.687|
|29||Carl Liebich||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B29 [29-75-03] - Ford BDA Hart||1.37.992|
|30||Vince Muzzin||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 75B - Ford BDA||1.38.087|
|31||Syd Demovsky||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B29 [29-75-23] - Ford BDA Smith||1.38.147|
|32||Tom Outcault||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B [6?] - Ford BDA Cosworth||1.38.158|
|33||Tim Cooper||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B [75B?] - Ford BDA CRW||1.38.216|
|34||Rick Bell||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 [34.76.18] - Ford BDA Hart||1.38.593|
|35||Herman Gugliotta||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B - Ford BDA Cosworth||1.38.686|
|36||Robert J. Nelkin||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 - Ford BDA Hart||1st in qualifying race|
|37||Michael Landrum *||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lola T460 [HU9] - Ford BDA Cosworth||2nd in qualifying race|
|38||Len Campbell||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 73B  - Ford BDA||3rd in qualifying race|
|39||Gilles Léger||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 [34.76.15] - Ford BDA Hart||4th in qualifying race|
|40||Lloyd Callaway||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 - Ford BDA Hart||5th in qualifying race|
|41||William Kneeland||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B29 - Ford BDA Hart||6th in qualifying race|
|42||Joe Shepherd||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 75B - Ford BDA Cosworth||7th in qualifying race|
|* Did not start|
Notes on the cars:
- March 76B [10 or 15?] (Gilles Villeneuve): Ecurie Canada ran a pair of green #69 March 76Bs in 1976 for Gilles Villeneuve (Lasalle, Quebec) with support from Skiroulle. Skiroule's signature green colour suggests they were the two cars listed in March records as being "leaf green", 76B-10 and 76B-15. Villeneuve had several crashes during 1976 and probably raced both cars, but exactly how they were used is not known. Two 76Bs were sold to Jim Morgan who raced them in early 1977 SCCA races alongside Bobby Rahal (Glen Ellyn, IL) and then entered them for Rahal in the 1977 Pro series with sponsorship from Red Roof Inns. Rahal also had a 77B but this was crashed at the opening race. One 76B then went to Ron Levanduski (Elmira, NY) and the other to Bob Earl.
- Lola T460 [HU6] (Tom Klausler): New to Tom Klausler (Palatine, IL) and raced in IMSA and Canadian Formula Atlantic in 1976, entered by Traylor Engineering. Then to Jerry Hansen (Long Lake, MN) in 1977, who borrowed it when his new Lola T560 was later being delivered. Chris Townsend's research shows that this car was briefly owned by Ed Midgley (Geneva, IL) in 1978, then sold to Niki Karabetsos (Chicago, IL) for 1979, and then to Sebastian Puleo (Chicago, IL) for SCCA drivers school and Regionals from 1982 to 1984. In 2005, it was acquired in Detroit by Derek Harling, and retained by him as a source of spares for his T460 HU11.
- March 76B [4?] (Bobby Rahal): Doug Shierson Racing ran an orange #9 March 76B in 1976 for Bobby Rahal (Glen Ellyn, IL). There were four orange March 76Bs according to March records but only one was built as part of the first batch of cars, 76B-4, strongly suggesting this was Rahal's car. The subsequent history of this car is not known until it was advertised in 1985 as "ex-Villeneuve".
- March 76B  (Price Cobb): An orange March 76B invoiced to Shierson in March 1976.
- Lola T460 [HU1] (Héctor Rebaque): New to Carl Haas Racing for Héctor Rebaque to race in Canadian and IMSA Formula Atlantic races. Unknown after the 1976 season, but Norm Allen (Hanover Park, IL) advertised an "ex-Rebaque" Lola T460 in November 1978. Eleven years later, Michael Duncan (Los Altos, CA) advertised the "ex-Rebaque" T460.
- March 76B (James King): Seb Barone (Portland, CT or Dilliner, PA) drove a white #28 March 76B in 1976, entered by Isola Racing but run by Doug Shierson Racing. As a white car, March records suggest this would have been 76B-9, 76B-11 or 76B-12. Barone crashed the car at Trois-Rivières in September and it was not seen again.
- March 76B  (Bobby Brown): New to Bobby Brown (Hicksville, NY) to replace a Chevron B34 and raced in Pro events and in SCCA NEDiv FB in 1976, winning the 1976 Run-Offs. Brown won an early-season SCCA National at Charlotte in April 1977 before moving into Can-Am with a March 77S. The 76B was advertised in November 1977.
- Lola T460 [HU17] (Tim Coconis): New to Tim Coconis (Palo Alto, CA) for Canadian and IMSA Formula Atlantic races in 1976. Retained for SCCA Nationals in 1977, 1978 and 1979. Sold to John Keller, who continued to run the car in SCCA events up to the mid-1980s. Bought by Don Harris in 1990, who confirmed the provenance to Chris Townsend. Sold by Harris to Terry Fullerton (UK) in May 2007.
- March 76B [75B?] (Tim Cooper): Tim Cooper (Kansas City, MO) raced a yellow #8 March 75B for Doug Shierson Racing in 1975 with backing from Rutledge Oil. Photographs show that this car had all the features of a 75B, so is unlikely to have been his older 73B updated, although this remains a possibility. Cooper moved to Wilbur Bunce Racing for 1976, and the "75B/76B" that Bunce built up for him is likely to have been based on this 75B (but could have been based on Cooper's older 73B). Cooper raced this car in the Players Canadian and IMSA championship in 1976. He appeared at a few races in early 1977 in a March "77B", thought to be this same car further updated. Subsequent history unknown.
- Chevron B29 (Marcel Talbot): Marcel Talbot (Granby, Quebec), raced a second-hand Chevron B29 in the 1976 CASC and IMSA Formula Atlantic championships. The car was black and raced as #10, with Tamaco Industries sponsorship. After Mont-Tremblant in July, he upgraded to a new Chevron B34. Nothing more known.
- March 73B (Frank Del Vecchio): New to Frank Del Vecchio (Trumbull, CT) and raced in SCCA Formula B and in rounds of the Players (Canadian) Formula B series in 1973, 1974, 1975 and 1976. When the series move to accept the BDA engine, Frank continued with a fuel-injected Ford twin cam engine. He recalls that he sold the car to Peter Neumahr, but it is unclear whether this was the "77B" that Neumahr (White Plains, NY) ran in SCCA Nationals and at the Runoffs in 1977. He was remarkably quick if that was really a four-year-old car, and it is possible he'd quickly replaced it with a real 77B. Neumar the car sold to Jack Deaso (New York, NY). Subsequent history unknown.
- Lola T460 (Craig Hill): Entered by Brian Robertson's Quick-Trans Racing for Craig Hill (London/Missassagua, Ontario) in the Canadian Formula Atlantic series in 1976, sponsored by Gabriel International Warranty. Collided with Marcel Talbot in practice at Trois-Rivières in September 1976 and not seen again.
- Chevron B29 (William Kneeland): Bill Kneeland (Franklin, NH) raced a #14 Chevron B29 in 1976 with support from Real Estatement Marketing, taking in several Pro races as well as a program of SCCA racing. He upgraded to a new Chevron B39 during 1977.
- Chevron B34 [34.76.16] (Hugh "Wink" Bancroft): New to Hugh "Wink" Bancroft (Newport Beach, CA/Costa Mesa, CA) and run for him by Fred Opert Racing in North American Formula Atlantic in 1976. His car was entered by Performance Marketing, and this apparently disguises a move to Shierson Racing in time for the Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières in early September. Bancroft wrecked the B34 in practice at Trois-Rivières, and replaced it with a March 76B.
- Lola T460 [HU4] (Tom Gloy): New to Pierre Phillips of Pierre's Motor Racing, and entered for Tom Gloy to race in IMSA and Canadian Formula Atlantic in 1976. Gloy then moved to Allan McCall's Tui team, and the Lola was next seen raced by Phil Currey (Concord, CA) in 1976 and 1977. Unknown after November 1977, but probably the "ex-Gloy" T460 advertised by Rob Mullaney (San Francisco, CA) in 1981 and 1982.
- March 75B (Vince Muzzin): Vince Muzzin (Northville, Michigan) drove a red #99 March 75B for Doug Shierson Racing in Formula Atlantic in 1975. Muzzin's main focus in 1975 was Formula Ford, but he retained the 75B for another season of Atlantic in 1976, but without any success. He advertised the car in November 1976, noting that it had a McCoy engine, and again in April 1977. Subsequent history unknown.
- March 722/75B (Dave Walker): Vern Schuppan raced in the Players Canadian Formula Atlantic series in 1975 in a March 722 prepared by Rick Shea's Shea Racing. The car was yellow-and-white, in 73B (or 74B) bodywork, and ran as #11 with support from Rapid Movements. Later in the season, the car was raced by Shea himself at Brainerd in September. At the start of the 1976 season, Shea ran the car for Dave Walker. It was now described as a March "72-75" and was black, but still entered as #11. After Walker drove it in the first four races, it was later raced by Bob Beyea, Shea himself, and by Damien Magee at Trois-Rivières in September. The car was then sold to Frank Monise (Pasadena, CA), so is presumably the blue-and-white #25 March "75B" that he raced in southern Californian SCCA Nationals in 1977 and 1978. Advertised by Monise in September 1978 as a March "72 updated to 76" with "fresh CRW BDD". Subsequent history unknown.
- March 76B (Seb Barone): Seb Barone (Portland, CT or Dilliner, PA) drove a white #28 March 76B in 1976, entered by Isola Racing but run by Doug Shierson Racing. As a white car, March records suggest this would have been 76B-9, 76B-11 or 76B-12. Barone crashed the car at Trois-Rivières in September and it was not seen again.
- March 76B [6?] (Tom Outcault): Tom Outcault (Middletown, OH or Cranford, NJ) raced a blue #31 March 76B in 1976, entered by Tom Outcault Racing. The colour suggest that this was 76B-6, the only blue car in March records for which an owner is not known. Outcault retained the car for SCCA racing in 1977.
- Lola T460 [HU7] (Richard Melville): New to Wilbur Bunce Racing, and raced by Richard Melville and Dennis Firestone in IMSA and Canadian Formula Atlantic in the first half of 1976. Reappeared in early 1977 for Dennis Firestone in a SCCA National, then to Sam Nicolosi (San Diego) for the rest of the year. Retained by Nicolosi for 1978 for SCCA Nationals and Regionals. Advertised by Nicolosi in September 1978. Subsequent history unknown, but Nicolosi recalls that he sold it to "a racer in SCCA North Western region".
- March 75B (Joe Shepherd): Joe Shepherd (Indianapolis, IN) raced a #7 or #97 March 75B in SCCA National, Players Canadian and IMSA series races in 1976. He advertised the car in October 1976, noting that it had only raced three times in 1976. Nothing more known.
- Lola T460 (Richard Spenard): Entered by Brian Robertson's Quick-Trans Racing for Bertil Roos (Blakeslee, PA) in the opening rounds of the Canadian Formula Atlantic series in 1976, sponsored by Gabriel International Warranty. After three races, Robertson replaced it with a new Ralt RT1. As teammate Craig Hill continued to race his Lola, this ex-Roos car must be the car raced by Richard Spenard (Montréal, Quebec) as the #22 Planter's Peanuts entry when he joined the team at Mont-Tremblant in July. He then moved to a Ralt for the next race, so the history of the Roos Lola T460 is not known after July 1976.
- March 76B (Herman Gugliotta): Herman Gugliotta (Dilliner, PA) drove a #33 March 76B in 1976, entered by Isola Racing but run by Doug Shierson Racing. As a white car, March records suggest this would have been 76B-9, 76B-11 or 76B-12. Gugliotta retained the car for SCCA racing, winning the 1979 NE Div title, before selling it to Lyle Heck (Reading, PA) who still owned it in 1982.
- Lola T360 (Joe Colantonio): Joe Colantonio (Glenolden, PA) raced in the Players Canadian Formula Atlantic series in 1976. In May 1977, he advertised the car, noting that it had a new monocoque in April 1977 and had been "completely gone over". Subsequent history unknown.
- Lola T360 (Victor Larose): David Westgate (Sainte-Thérèse, Quebec, Canada) raced a Lola T360 at Trois-Rivières in August 1975. In 1976, Westgate entered a T360 for Victor Larose (Mount Royal, Quebec) at Mont-Tremblant, Mosport Park and Trois-Rivières. Nothing more known.
- Lola T360 [HU6] (Gary Magwood): New via North American agent Carl Haas and Canadian agent Brian Robertson to Jack Burnett for Gary Magwood (Toronto, Ontario) to race in the Canadian John Player Formula Atlantic series in 1974. Also raced by Magwood at the US GP Formula Atlantic support race at Watkins Glen in October 1974, but then not seen until Magwood returned to Formula Atlantic in July 1976. Comprehensively destroyed in Magwood's accident at Halifax in August 1976.
- Brabham BT40 (Howard Kelly): Craig Hill (Missassagua, Ontario, Canada) raced a white #2 Brabham BT40 in the Players Canadian Formula B series in 1973, entered by Fother Hill Ltd with sponsorship from Castrol GTX. Retained by Hill for 1974 and fitted with a Cosworth BDA engine for the new Formula Atlantic series, when it ran as #4. Unknown in 1975. Raced by Howard Kelly (Kingston, Ontario) at the IMSA Formula Atlantic race at Road Atlanta in April 1976, then at a couple of later Players rounds in Canada. Subsequent history unknown.
- Lola T460 [HU9] (Michael Landrum): New to Pierre Phillips of Pierre's Motor Racing, and raced by a succession of hire drivers in IMSA and Canadian Formula Atlantic in early 1976. Last seen in the Pro at Mont-Tremblant in July 1976, but in early August Jim Mullins appeared in a T460 at a Sears Point National entered at #36, the same number Michael Landrum had used in HU9's last Pro appearance four weeks earlier. In May 1977, Monte Shelton (Portland, OR) won an ICSCC race at Portland in a Lola T460 entered as #136, and the entry number and location suggest very strongly that this was Pierre Phillips' car, retained as a rental car in SCCA Nationals. Unknown after May 1977.
- Chevron B27 [27-74-18] (Tom Christ): Chevron build record says sold to Bobby Brown of B&B Racing Enterprises, June 1974. The car was badly damaged in an accident at Trois Rivieres in 1974. Brown says that the remains were returned to Chevron in p/x for two B29s in 1975. However, advertised by Brown in May and June 1975 as 'not raced since complete rebuild at Chevron' which suggests that the car came back to him. Sold later in 1975 to Thomas Christ (Racine, WI), and raced by him in Pro Formula Atlantic and SCCA Nationals in 1976 and 1977. Then unknown until owned by Daniel Sauriol (Appleton, WI) in 1984. Sold to Cliff Ebben (Appleton, WI) at the end of the 1984 season, then sold by him to Comprep (i.e. Dennis Eade of ComPrep (Competition Preparation) in Zenda, WI) for ComPrep customer Alan Lewis (Indianapolis, IN). Run by ComPrep for Eade. Sold to Alan Azar (O'Fallon, IL) in 1999. With dealer Chuck Haines of Can-Am Cars Ltd (St. Louis, MO) in 2018.
- March 76B  (Cliff Hansen): Cliff Hansen (Laguna Beach, CA) campaigned a blue/red #6 March 76B in 1976 as part of the Doug Shierson Racing operation. Hansen retained the car as a spare in 1977 (he had a 77B but crashed it). It was later bought from Tom Contino (Ontario, CA) by Damon Meek (Los Gatos, CA), who raced the car in SCCA Nationals in 1982 and has identified it as 76B-02. Meek sold it to Lee Follansbee (Temecula, CA) and it would be the 76B raced by him in the Sears Point Pro race in 1984.
- March 712M [71BM-2?] (Mauro Lanaro): New for Bill Gubelmann (Oyster Bay, NY) and used in British Formula Atlantic at the start of the season, winning at Oulton Park 21 March, and then in the SCCA Pro Formula B series. The car was often described as a 712M but it seems more likely that he used the same 712BM all season. Also raced with a BDA in the Formula A race at Lime Rock in Sep and in one round of the Canadian series. Sold via Joe Grimaldi's The Race Shop to Frank Del Vecchio (Trumbull, CT) and used in NEDiv FB and in a couple of rounds of the Pro series. Sold back via Joe Grimaldi at the end of 1972; Frank thinks it went to a Canadian, and it is very likely to have been the car driven by Ken Huband, Norm Joy and David Westgate in 1973 and 1974. Sold to Mauro Lanaro (Montréal, Quebec) to replace the 71BM he lost in a transporter fire in 1974. Fitted with a Cosworth BDA engine and raced as the LM Special until at least 1977. Whether it is the LM Special he raced from 1980 to 1983 is unclear. The car remained with Lanaro for many years and was eventually rebuilt to original 71BM specification about 1999. In late 2018, it was part of a package of cars bought from Lanaro by David Clubine (Brantford, ON), and was sold to a collector in Ontario.
- March 74B  (Ron Rogers): New to Bruce Jensen (Kitchener, Ontario, Canada), and raced by him in the Players Canadian Formula Atlantic series. Sold for 1975 to Jean Beaulieu (Quebec City, Quebec, Canada) appeared very briefly at the start of the 1975 series, but he failed to start the opening race after a number of problems that culminated with a rod through the side of the engine. He sold the car to Ron Rogers (Trenton, Ontario), who raced it mostly in club events in 1976 and 1977 before selling it to Jim Close. Rogers ran the car for Close until Close took it back to California. Sold to its current owner in the early 1990s, and retained.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
North American Formula Atlantic race results have been compiled by Chris Townsend based on material in Formula and On Track, information drawn from Canadian newspapers and results sheets where available.