National Panasonic Formula Pacific Series Race
Adelaide International Raceway, 26 Jul 1981
|1||Andrew Miedecke||Ralt RT4/81  - Ford BDA
#6 (see note 1)
|2||Bruce Allison||Ralt RT4/81  - Ford BDA
#62 (see note 2)
|3||John Smith||Ralt RT1  - Ford BDA
#71 Ralt Australia
|4||Larry Perkins||Chevron B39 [39-77-02] - Ford BDA England
#5 Erle McRae Racing (see note 3)
|5||Lucio Cesario||Ralt RT3/81  - Ford BDA
#26 (see note 4)
|6||Ken Smith||March 782/79B  - Ford BDA
#11 (see note 5)
|7||Grant Campbell||Chevron B39 - Ford BDA
#19 (see note 6)
|8||Bob Creasy||(ANF2) 1.6-litre Birrana 273 [273-008] - Ford
|9||Ray Hanger||March 77B  - Ford BDA
(see note 7)
|DNS||Peter Williamson||Galloway HG1 - Ford BDD
|Did not start
|DNS||Geoff Nicol||March 74B [U1] - Ford BDA
(see note 8)
|Did not start|
|DNS||Gary Cossor||Bowin P6f [P6F-119-72] - Ford BDA
||Did not start|
|DNS||Graham Brown||March 73B  - Ford BDA
(see note 9)
|Did not start|
All cars are 1.6-litre F/Pac unless noted.
|Qualifying information not available|
Notes on the cars:
- Ralt RT4/81  (Andrew Miedecke): Ralt sales record says sold to Andrew Meidecke, without delivery date. [Tub no: 81/94; gearbox: FT1423; JM34732 11/80]. The car of Andrew Meidecke in the 1981 Australian season; chassis number given for Meidecke's car in NZMA report of 1981 AGP [NZMA 23 Nov 81 p4]; chassis number given for Meidecke's car at the Selangor GP 29 Nov 81 [NZMA 11 Jan 82 p3];
- Ralt RT4/81  (Bruce Allison): Ralt sales record says sold to Bruce Allison, without delivery date. [Tub no: EDA002, a unique style of number in the record; gearbox: FT1426; fuel cell: JM34731 12/80]. Chassis number given for Allison's car at Selangor GP 29 Nov 81 [NZMA 11 Jan 82 p3] and presumed to be Allison's car in the 1981 Australian and South East Asian races. Chassis number given for Allison's car in NZMA report of 1981 AGP [NZMA 23 Nov 81 p4]. Sold to Richard Davison for 1982 Australian season - Davison's car at the Calder race of 28 Feb 82 is described in NZMA as 'ex Allison'. Chassis number given for Davison's car at the 1982 AGP.
- Chevron B39 [39-77-02] (Larry Perkins): Chevron build record says a works backed car taken to South African series at the start of 1977, thought to have been the car bought by Tony Martin. The subsequent provenance comes partially from Paul England, and reports of South African races. Retained by Martin until 1978, run as a spare car for his B45, and uprated to B45 specification. Then sold to Paul England for Peter Lerner and used by Larry Perkins, run by Erle McRae Racing in 1981 Australian season.
- Ralt RT3/81  (Lucio Cesario): Ralt sales record says sold via Graham Watson, delivered 14.1.81. [Tub no: 80/42; gearbox Hewland Mk9 H93599; fuel cell: JM 27166 3/79]. The car was sold to Lucio Cesario who used it, fitted with a VW engine, as an Australian rules F2 car, but running it also in F. Pacific races with considerable success in 1981.
- March 782/79B  (Ken Smith): Ricardo Zunino's works car at Thruxton 27 Mar 1978 and presumably all season. Converted to Formula Atlantic for Teo Fabi to race in New Zealand in January 1979 (where it was reported to be wearing plate "782-16", an observation that is now thought to have been incorrect). To Ken Smith (New Zealand) and raced in Formula Pacific in the 1979/80, 1980/81 and 1981/82 seasons. Then to Warren Heron, but not raced until Bay Park in March 1989. Raced twice in 1990, but then stored until two further races, in 1998 and 1999. Sold back to Ken Smith in 2009. To Robert Shaw (UK) in 2010, and restored back to Formula 2 specification. To Marc Devis (Belgium) late 2016.
- Chevron B39 (Grant Campbell): John Sisk (Lahaska, PA) raced a Formula B Chevron in a NERRC event at Lime Rock in April 1978. At the end of that season New Zealander Grant Campbell bought a Chevron B39 from the US to use in the New Zealand Formula Pacific from January 1979 onwards. Kiwi journalist David McKinney noted that the car wore the '01' chassis plate and was told by Campbell that it had previously been raced by John Sisk. It was retained by Campbell for the 1979/80 and 1980/81 seasons in New Zealand, then taken to Australia for the National Panasonic Formula Pacific series before the start of the 1981/82 New Zealand season. To Steve Cameron (Auckland) for the 1982/83 season. David McKinney advised that it then went to Charlie Thomasen, who also owned the ex-Dave Oxton B34, and then to John Wigston (Auckland) in 1985.
- March 77B  (Ray Hanger): Entered by March for Danny Sullivan in the 1978 New Zealand International series. Sold to Colin Giltrap and entered by him for Dave McMillan at Baypark Mar 1978 then for Larry Perkins in the 1978/79 series. Raced by Desiré Wilson in the Jan/Feb 1980 series then John Smith in Jan 1981. Sold to Ray Hanger (Australia) and used in the 1981 AF1 and Pacific series. Also raced at Shah Alam in October 1981.
- March 74B [U1] (Geoff Nicol): New to Harry Stiller Racing and entered for Bev Bond in a few late-season 1973 Formula Atlantic races, but only appeared once. Rebuilt by March to 74B specification over the winter and appeared as 74B chassis 'U1' for Bond in 1974, until he announced his retirement in June 1974. Alan Jones took over the drive for the rest of the season and won three races. Advertised by AW Brown (London) in January 1975. Briefly to Frank Blanchard in early 1975 but then to Bill Gowdy (Belfast, Northern Ireland) for Irish Formula Atlantic. To Gerry Kinnane for Des Donnelly to drive in 1976, then to Eddie Jordan (Dundrum, County Dublin, Republic of Ireland) for 1977. Subsequently to Colin Simpson (Dundee, Scotland) for Scottish hillclimbs in 1978 and 1979, when it was fitted with a 1800cc Cosworth BDE; then to Grahame Brown, a Scot who emigrated to Australia and took two Formula Atlantic cars with him. Raced by Geoff Nicol in Australian Formula Pacific in 1981, and by John Blennerhasset in 1982. Then to Michael Miller, brothers Peter and Terry Simms, then the Kendall family, then to Bryan Miller in 2002. Sold by Bryan to Richard Carter (Berry, NSW) in September 2018, and shortly afterwards sold to Richard Ellingworth.
- March 73B  (Graham Brown): New to Colin Vandervell (Purley, Surrey) and raced with great success in the Formula Atlantic in the UK in 1973, winning four races, and securing the Yellow Pages Championship. Sold to Des Donnelly (Naas, County Kildare, Ireland) for the Irish Formula Atlantic series, and raced by him in 1974 and 1975. This must be the March "74B" advertised by Gerry Kinnane in Belfast in June 1976. There is then no mention of the car in 1976 or 1977, but in 1978, the car was raced by Ken Fildes (Clonskeagh, Dublin), and it had been owned by Kinnane for part or all of this period. Sold to Graham Brown, who took it to Australia when he emigrated in 1979, and raced by him in Western Australia in 1980 and 1981. Also raced by Joe Ricciardo in 1981. To Rod Housego, and raced by him in Western Australia in 1982 and 1984. Acquired by Richard Carter in 1988, and restored. Raced by Carter in HSRCA events from 1999 to 2002. Later to George Makin (Melbourne), and raced by Andrew Makin in historic events from 2003 onwards.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
The Australian race results have been provided by Chris Townsend based on material in Autosport and Motoring News reports plus the information supplied by a wide range of contributors.