Mondello Park, 14 Sep 1980
|1||Trevor Templeton||Ralt RT1/78  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
|2||John Village||Ralt RT1/78  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
|3||Trevor Wigglesworth||Chevron B43 [43.78.07] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#35 (see note 1)
|4||Paul Hutson||March 783/793 [783-23] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#19 T.H. Hutson Racing
|5||David Brotherston||Chevron B34 [34-76-29] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#34 (see note 2)
|6||Tony Norton||March 773/783 [773-3] - Triumph Dolomite 4
#23 PC Designs Ltd (see note 3)
|7||Bruce West||Chevron B47B - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#26 Gerry Amato Racing
|8||Eddie Heasell||Chevron B38 [38.77.24] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#37 (see note 4)
|R||Bernard Devaney||March 793 - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#1 Derek McMahon Racing
|R||Gerry Amato||March 793 [783-5] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#14 Gerry Amato Racing (see note 5)
|R||Rob Moores||Chevron B38 [38.77.07] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
|UNK||Terry Gray||Ralt RT1/78  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
|DNA||Eddie Jordan||Ralt RT3/80  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#7 Marlboro Team Ireland (see note 6)
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||Ian Shaw||March 773 - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#17 Gerard Racing
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||Rick Whyman||March 793  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#24 Rick Whyman Racing
|Did not arrive|
All cars are 2-litre F3 unless noted.
|Qualifying information not available|
Notes on the cars:
- Chevron B43 [43.78.07] (Trevor Wigglesworth): New to Chevron Racing Team for Patrick Gaillard to race in the European F3 championship in 1978. Sold to Barry Green for British F3 in 1979, and rented by Fred Opert Racing for Manuel Tolama to drive at the Monaco GP F3 event that year. To Rick Whyman for British F3 in 1980, then driven by Trevor Wigglesworth from August onwards after Whyman bought a March 793. Raced again by Wigglesworth for Rick Whyman Racing in 1981.
- Chevron B34 [34-76-29] (David Brotherston): New to Rupert Keegan in July 1976 and raced in the British F3 series with British Air Ferries sponsorship, winning three races and clinching the BP BARC title for Keegan. To David Brotherston (Edinburgh, Scotland) for 1978, and raced in the British F3 series. Brotherston continued to use the car in 1979 and 1980, again in British F3, after which he sold the car to Bob Howlings. It was next seen in 1987 when it was used in TF3 by Alistair Ferguson.
- March 773/783 [773-3] (Tony Norton): March build records show sold to Unipart, 23 December 1976. Only one 773 is consigned to Unipart in the build records. Assumed that Taylor as senior driver would take the new car, a fact borne out by occasional references in 1977 to Needell being in a 763, the team's original car.
- Chevron B38 [38.77.24] (Eddie Heasell): New to Alan Docking Racing for Philippe Colonna to race in British F3 in 1977. Retained by the Docking team for 1978, and raced by Philip Bullman and by Colonna in British F3. Unknown in 1979 but purchased by Eddie Heasell in early 1980 for British F3 and libre. Retained for libre in 1981.
- March 793 [783-5] (Gerry Amato): Shown in March records for 1978 as delivered to Daniel Herregods, 19 January 1978, colour yellow with tub 78M25. To Rob Wilson in 1979 to replace his tiring Ralt RT1 and updated to 1979 specification. Autosport notes ‘ex Herregods’ and chassis number noted by F1R at Snetterton in August 1979. Sold to Gerry Amato for 1980 season, Autosport notes his car as ‘ex Wilson 1979’. Retained by Amato until 1982 then sold to Greg and Tim Atkinson.
- Ralt RT3/80  (Eddie Jordan): Sold to Eddie Jordan 7 Aug 1980 and used by him in latter part of 1980 season. Sold to Terry Gray for 1981 season (Autosport 15 Jan 1981) but only lightly used. For sale Autosport 30 Apr 1981 p61. Sold to Dave Price for Fred Krab to run in Euro series, debut Zandvoort round. For sale by DPR 'new tub in Aug' Autosport 14 Jan 1982 p62. Sold to Phil Dowsett to run in 1982 UK series (Autosport 4 Mar 1982 p38; Motorig News 4 Mar 1982 p3 'ex DPR Krab/Tragardh'); sold late season to Leo Andersson (Autosport 28 Oct 1982 p15).
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
These British Formula 3 results have been compiled by Chris Townsend using the main British magazines Autosport and Motoring News but also the US magazine On Track which carried surprisingly good coverage of the British series.
All comments, clarifications, corrections and additions are most welcome. Please email Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can help in any way with our research.