Mondello Park, 14 Sep 1980
|1||Trevor Templeton||Ralt RT1/78  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
|2||John Village||Ralt RT1/78  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
|3||Trevor Wigglesworth||Chevron B43 [43.78.07] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
|4||Paul Hutson||March 783/793 [783-23] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#19 T.H. Hutson Racing
|5||David Brotherston||Chevron B34 [34.76.29] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
|6||Tony Norton||March 773/783 [773-3] - Triumph Dolomite 4
#23 PC Designs Ltd (see note 1)
|7||Bruce West||Chevron B47B - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#26 Gerry Amato Racing
|8||Eddie Heasell||Chevron B38 [38.77.24] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#37 (see note 2)
|R||Bernard Devaney||March 793 - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#1 Derek McMahon Racing
|R||Gerry Amato||March 793 [783-5] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#14 Gerry Amato Racing (see note 3)
|R||Rob Moores||Chevron B38 [38.77.07] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#5 (see note 4)
|UNK||Terry Gray||Ralt RT1/78  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
|DNA||Eddie Jordan||Ralt RT3/80  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#7 Marlboro Team Ireland (see note 5)
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||Ian Shaw||March 773 - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#17 Gerard Racing
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||Rick Whyman||March 793  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#24 Rick Whyman Racing
|Did not arrive|
All cars are 2-litre F3 unless noted.
|Qualifying information not available|
Notes on the cars:
- March 773/783 [773-3] (Tony Norton): March build records show sold to Unipart, 23 December 1976. Only one 773 is consigned to Unipart in the build records. Assumed that Taylor as senior driver would take the new car, a fact borne out by occasional references in 1977 to Needell being in a 763, the team's original car.
- Chevron B38 [38.77.24] (Eddie Heasell): Chassis number given by source with access to Chevron build records for the 1977 Docking Racing car entered for Philippe Colonna. (The team’s other car was chassis 19 for Ian Grob which was also retained and run later in the season for Rothengatter.) Retained by Docking in 1978 and run for Philip Bullman: Autosport 16 Mar 1978 p3 says Bullman uses Colonna’s 1977 car. Colonna returned to the car for a one-off race, see Autosport 25 May 1978 p8, and then used the car more regularly at the end of the season.
- March 793 [783-5] (Gerry Amato): Shown in March records for 1978 as delivered to Daniel Herregods, 19 January 1978, colour yellow with tub 78M25. To Rob Wilson in 1979 to replace his tiring Ralt RT1 and updated to 1979 specification. Autosport notes ‘ex Herregods’ and chassis number noted by F1R at Snetterton in August 1979. Sold to Gerry Amato for 1980 season, Autosport notes his car as ‘ex Wilson 1979’. Retained by Amato until 1982 then sold to Greg and Tim Atkinson.
- Chevron B38 [38.77.07] (Rob Moores): The 1977 Derek McMahon car entered for Derek Daly. Used throughout 1977, with a number of rebuilds, including one new tub at least. Motoring News 9 Mar 1978 p8 says that the car used by Steve Malins at Silverstone 5 March 1978 is ex Daly. Wrecked by Malins in testing and replaced with a new B43 . According to Autosport 2 Nov 1978 p23, rebuilt and sold to Rob Moores who ran it later in the season. Moores was still using this car in F4 in 1982.
- Ralt RT3/80  (Eddie Jordan): Sold to Eddie Jordan 7 Aug 1980 and used by him in latter part of 1980 season. Sold to Terry Gray for 1981 season (Autosport 15 Jan 1981) but only lightly used. For sale Autosport 30 Apr 1981 p61. Sold to Dave Price for Fred Krab to run in Euro series, debut Zandvoort round. For sale by DPR 'new tub in Aug' Autosport 14 Jan 1982 p62. Sold to Phil Dowsett to run in 1982 UK series (Autosport 4 Mar 1982 p38; Motorig News 4 Mar 1982 p3 'ex DPR Krab/Tragardh'); sold late season to Leo Andersson (Autosport 28 Oct 1982 p15).
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
These British Formula 3 results have been compiled by Chris Townsend using the main British magazines Autosport and Motoring News but also the US magazine On Track which carried surprisingly good coverage of the British series.