JAF Formula Pacific Series Race
Tsukuba, 26 Aug 1979
|1||Kazuyoshi Hoshino||Chevron B40 - Nissan LZ14
#5 (???) Racing (???) (see note 1)
|2||Masahiro Hasemi||Chevron B40 [40-77-09] - Nissan LZ14
#11 (???) Racing Team (see note 2)
|3||Takao Wada||March 79B - Nissan LZ14
#25 Tomei Jidousha (see note 3)
|4||Kenji Takahashi||Nova 53P - Nissan LZ14 Tomei
#24 Tomei Jidousha
|5||Naohiro Fujita||Chevron B35 [35-76-12?] - Toyota 2T-G Tom's
#1 Toyota (???) (see note 4)
|6||Keiichi Suzuki||Ralt RT1 - Ford BDA Hart
#2 Suzuki Racing
|7||Takeshi Iida||Falcon 78A - Nissan LZ14
#18 Falcon Racing Team
|8||Haruhito Yanagida||Chevron B40 - Nissan LZ14
#20 Central 20 Racing Team (see note 5)
|9||Minoru Saotome||Falcon 78A - Nissan LZ14
#26 Tomei Jidousha
|10||Masatomo Shimizu||March 782 - Nissan LZ14
#33 Central 20 Racing Team
|R||Shoichi Shimizu||Falcon 78A - Ford BDD Swindon
#14 (???) Racing Team
|R||Makoto Igarashi||March 762 - Nissan LZ14
#19 Central 20 Racing Team
All cars are 1.6-litre F/Pac unless noted.
|1||Takao Wada||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 79B - Nissan LZ14||0.54.0|
|2||Kazuyoshi Hoshino||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Chevron B40 - Nissan LZ14||0.55.0|
|3||Naohiro Fujita||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Chevron B35 [35-76-12?] - Toyota 2T-G Tom's||0.55.0|
|4||Kenji Takahashi||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Nova 53P - Nissan LZ14 Tomei||0.56.0|
|5||Shoichi Shimizu||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Falcon 78A - Ford BDD Swindon||0.56.0|
|6||Minoru Saotome||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Falcon 78A - Nissan LZ14||0.56.0|
|7||Keiichi Suzuki||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT1 - Ford BDA Hart||0.56.0|
|8||Makoto Igarashi||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 762 - Nissan LZ14||0.56.0|
|9||Takeshi Iida||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Falcon 78A - Nissan LZ14||0.57.0|
|10||Haruhito Yanagida||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Chevron B40 - Nissan LZ14||0.57.0|
|11||Masatomo Shimizu||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 782 - Nissan LZ14||0.58.0|
|12||Masahiro Hasemi||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Chevron B40 [40-77-09] - Nissan LZ14||1.33.0|
Notes on the cars:
- Chevron B40 (Kazuyoshi Hoshino): Kazuyoshi Hoshino raced a Chevron B40 with Nissan LZ14 engine in four rounds of the 1979 JAF Formula Pacific series, winning two of them, and at the Macau Grand Prix in November that year.
- Chevron B40 [40-77-09] (Masahiro Hasemi): Shown in Chevron records as sold to Le Mans Co in Japan with a Nissan engine. This must be the car run by Kojima Engineering for Masahiro Hasemi in Formula Pacific specification with Nissan LZ14 engines in late 1977. Retained by Hasemi for the Formula Pacific series in 1978 and 1979. Used again for a couple of races at the beginning of 1980, when Hasemi was struggling to develop his new March 802, and then raced by Kazuyoshi Hoshino in one race at the end of the season. Subsequent history unknown.
- March 79B (Takao Wada): Takao Wada drove a March 79B in Japanese Formula Pacific in 1979, entered by Tomei Jidousha. The car replaced a Falcon 78A that Wada had raced earlier in the season, and both cars were fitted with Nissan LZ14 engines. Wada retained the 79B for the early part of 1980, and then swapped to a Hayashi 80P. Kenji Takahashi then raced a 79B for Tomei Jidousha for the remainer of the 1980 season, so it is likely that this was the ex-Wada car. Raced again by Takahashi in 1981 and in 1982. Later in 1982, Akira Hagiwara raced a 79B entered by Tomei Jidousha and this is assumed to be the same car. Subsequent history unknown.
- Chevron B35 [35-76-12?] (Naohiro Fujita): Sold to Japanese agent Le Mans Co according to Chevron records, but unknown until used as a F2 car with Hart 420R engine by Teddy Yip's Theodore Racing for Patrick Tambay to race in the JAF Fuji Grand Prix in June 1977. Then very probably the Tom's car raced by Fumiyasu Sato in Formula Pacific specification at the JAF Suzuka Grand Prix in November 1977, and by the team in the new Formula Pacific championship in 1978, 1979 and 1980. Subsequent history unknown.
- Chevron B40 (Haruhito Yanagida): The Central 20 Racing Team ran a Chevron B40 with Nissan LZ14 engine in the 1979 Japanese Formula Pacific series for Haruhito Yanagida. The same team ran the B40-Nissan again for Fumio Muto in 1980. Subsequent history unknown.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
Japanese race results have been provided by Michael Ferner. His main sources have been the "Japan Automobile Federation" website (www.jaf.or.jp) and Tooru Kitajima's "Formula Nippon Data Center" (http://isweb34.infoseek.co.jp/motor/fndc/).