JAF Formula Pacific Series Race
Suzuka, 30 Aug 1981
|1||Satoru Nakajima||March 81A - Toyota 2T-G Tom's
#37 I&I Racing Development (see note 1)
|2||Kazuyoshi Hoshino||March 79B - Nissan LZ14
#3 Hoshino Racing
|3||Kenji Takahashi||March 79B - Nissan LZ14 Tomei
#24 Tomei Jidousha (see note 2)
|4||Naohiro Fujita||March 81A - Toyota 2T-G Tom's
#5 Speed Star Wheel Racing Team
(see note 3)
|5||Keiji Matsumoto||March 782/79B - Nissan LZ14 Tomei
#8 Tomei Jidousha
|6||Takeshi Iida||Falcon 82P - Ford BDD Tomei
#7 Falcon Racing Team
|7||Toshio Motohashi||March 782/79B - Nissan LZ14 Tomei
#20 Toshio Motohashi
|R||Sakae Obata||Ralt RT1 - Ford BDA Hart
#2 Suzuki Racing (?)
|R||Fumiyasu Sato||Chevron B40 - Toyota 2T-G
#6 Fumiyasu Sato
|R||Fumio Muto||March 782/79B - Nissan LZ14
#10 Victory Circle Club
|R||Osamu Nakako||Hayashi 220P - Nissan LZ14 Tomei
#21 Hayashi Racing
|R||Masatomo Shimizu||March 81A - Nissan LZ14 Central 20
#33 Masatomo Shimizu (see note 4)
|DNS||Masahiro Hasemi||March 81A - Nissan LZ14
#11 Hasemi Motorsports (see note 5)
|Did not start|
All cars are 1.6-litre F/Pac unless noted.
|1||Kazuyoshi Hoshino||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 79B - Nissan LZ14||1.58.50|
|2||Masahiro Hasemi *||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 81A - Nissan LZ14||1.58.96|
|3||Satoru Nakajima||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 81A - Toyota 2T-G Tom's||1.59.03|
|4||Keiji Matsumoto||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 782/79B - Nissan LZ14 Tomei||1.59.32|
|5||Naohiro Fujita||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 81A - Toyota 2T-G Tom's||1.59.85|
|6||Kenji Takahashi||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 79B - Nissan LZ14 Tomei||2.00.16|
|7||Osamu Nakako||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Hayashi 220P - Nissan LZ14 Tomei||2.00.23|
|8||Sakae Obata||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT1 - Ford BDA Hart||2.01.28|
|9||Toshio Motohashi||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 782/79B - Nissan LZ14 Tomei||2.01.90|
|10||Masatomo Shimizu||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 81A - Nissan LZ14 Central 20||2.02.84|
|11||Fumio Muto||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 782/79B - Nissan LZ14||2.03.40|
|12||Takeshi Iida||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Falcon 82P - Ford BDD Tomei||2.03.44|
|13||Fumiyasu Sato||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Chevron B40 - Toyota 2T-G||2.06.47|
|* Did not start|
Notes on the cars:
- March 81A (Satoru Nakajima): A March 81A raced by Satoru Nakajima in the JAF Formula Pacific series, entered by I&I Racing Development and fitted with a Toyota 2T-G engine. Raced by Nakajima at seven of the nine races, and at Macau in November, where it was fited with a Toyota 220P and where Nakajima crashed. Unknown after 1981.
- March 79B (Kenji Takahashi): Takao Wada drove a March 79B in Japanese Formula Pacific in 1979, entered by Tomei Jidousha. The car replaced a Falcon 78A that Wada had raced earlier in the season, and both cars were fitted with Nissan LZ14 engines. Wada retained the 79B for the early part of 1980, and then swapped to a Hayashi 80P. Kenji Takahashi then raced a 79B for Tomei Jidousha for the remainer of the 1980 season, so it is likely that this was the ex-Wada car. Raced again by Takahashi in 1981 and in 1982. Later in 1982, Akira Hagiwara raced a 79B entered by Tomei Jidousha and this is assumed to be the same car. Subsequent history unknown.
- March 81A (Naohiro Fujita): A March 81A raced by Naohiro Fujita in the JAF Formula Pacific series, entered by Speed Star Wheel Racing Team and fitted with a Toyota 2T-G engine. Raced by Fujita at seven of the nine races, and at Macau in November. Unknown after 1981.
- March 81A (Masatomo Shimizu): A March 81A raced by Masatomo Shimizu in the JAF Formula Pacific series, entered by Central 20 Racing Team and fitted with a Nissan LZ14 engine. Raced by Shimizu at seven of the nine races, and at Macau in November. Unknown after 1981.
- March 81A (Masahiro Hasemi): A March 81A raced by Masahiro Hasemi in the JAF Formula Pacific series, entered by Hasemi Motorsports and fitted with a Nissan LZ14 engine. Raced by Hasemi at six of the nine races, and at Macau in November. Retained by Hasemi for 1982, and raced in the first four races of the season, after which he moved to a RaltRT4/82.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
Japanese race results have been provided by Michael Ferner. His main sources have been the "Japan Automobile Federation" website (www.jaf.or.jp) and Tooru Kitajima's "Formula Nippon Data Center" (http://isweb34.infoseek.co.jp/motor/fndc/).