JAF Formula Pacific Series Race
Tsukuba, 7 Mar 1982
|1||Kazuyoshi Hoshino||March 79B - Nissan LZ14
#1 Hoshino Racing
|2||Toshio Suzuki||March 81A - Toyota 2T-G Tom's
#3 Team Harukuni Takahashi? (see note 1)
|3||Kenji Takahashi||March 79B - Nissan LZ14 Tomei
#24 Tomei Jidousha (see note 2)
|4||Masahiro Hasemi||March 81A - Nissan LZ14
#11 Hasemi Motorsports (see note 3)
|5||Osamu Nakako||Hayashi 220P - Toyota 2T-G Tom's
#6 Hayashi Racing
|6||Shuroku Sasaki||Hayashi 220P - Nissan LZ14 Tomei
#5 Hayashi Racing
|7||Akira Hagiwara||March 81A - Nissan LZ14 Tomei
#16 Tomei Jidousha (see note 4)
|8||Isao Hanasato||March 782 - Nissan LZ14
#17 Isao Hanasato
|R||Keiji Matsumoto||March 81A - Toyota 2T-G Tom's
#8 Racing Mate Project Team (see note 5)
All cars are 1.6-litre F/Pac unless noted.
|1||Toshio Suzuki||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 81A - Toyota 2T-G Tom's||0.51.99|
|2||Kazuyoshi Hoshino||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 79B - Nissan LZ14||0.52.11|
|3||Masahiro Hasemi||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 81A - Nissan LZ14||0.52.33|
|4||Kenji Takahashi||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 79B - Nissan LZ14 Tomei||0.52.40|
|5||Keiji Matsumoto||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 81A - Toyota 2T-G Tom's||0.52.85|
|6||Shuroku Sasaki||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Hayashi 220P - Nissan LZ14 Tomei||0.53.31|
|7||Akira Hagiwara||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 81A - Nissan LZ14 Tomei||0.53.32|
|8||Osamu Nakako||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Hayashi 220P - Toyota 2T-G Tom's||0.53.36|
|9||Isao Hanasato||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 782 - Nissan LZ14||0.57.39|
Notes on the cars:
- March 81A (Toshio Suzuki): A second-hand March 81A raced by Toshio Suzuki in the 1982 JAF Formula Pacific series, entered by Team Harukuni Takahashi(?) and fitted with a Toyota 2T-G engine. Raced by Suzuki at all 11 races. Unknown after 1982.
- March 79B (Kenji Takahashi): Takao Wada drove a March 79B in Japanese Formula Pacific in 1979, entered by Tomei Jidousha. The car replaced a Falcon 78A that Wada had raced earlier in the season, and both cars were fitted with Nissan LZ14 engines. Wada retained the 79B for the early part of 1980, and then swapped to a Hayashi 80P. Kenji Takahashi then raced a 79B for Tomei Jidousha for the remainer of the 1980 season, so it is likely that this was the ex-Wada car. Raced again by Takahashi in 1981 and in 1982. Later in 1982, Akira Hagiwara raced a 79B entered by Tomei Jidousha and this is assumed to be the same car. Subsequent history unknown.
- March 81A (Masahiro Hasemi): A March 81A raced by Masahiro Hasemi in the JAF Formula Pacific series, entered by Hasemi Motorsports and fitted with a Nissan LZ14 engine. Raced by Hasemi at six of the nine races, and at Macau in November. Retained by Hasemi for 1982, and raced in the first four races of the season, after which he moved to a RaltRT4/82.
- March 81A (Akira Hagiwara): A second-hand March 81A raced by Akira Hagiwara in the 1982 JAF Formula Pacific series, entered by Tomei Jidousha and fitted with a Nissan LZ14 engine. Raced by Hagiwara at nine of the 11 races, missing the last two. Unknown after 1982.
- March 81A (Keiji Matsumoto): A second-hand March 81A raced by Keiji Matsumoto in the 1982 JAF Formula Pacific series, entered by Racing Mate Project Team and fitted with a Toyota 2T-G engine. Raced by Matsumoto at nine of the 11 races, missing the last two. Unknown after 1982.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
Japanese race results have been provided by Michael Ferner. His main sources have been the "Japan Automobile Federation" website (www.jaf.or.jp) and Tooru Kitajima's "Formula Nippon Data Center" (http://isweb34.infoseek.co.jp/motor/fndc/).