Marlboro British Formula 3 Championship Race
Oulton Park, 6 Aug 1983
|1||Calvin Fish||Ralt RT3/83  - VW Brabham
#4 Team BP
|2||Davy Jones||Ralt RT3/83  - VW Nicholson
#3 Murray Taylor Racing
|3||Allen Berg||Ralt RT3/83 - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
Eddie Jordan Racing
|4||David Leslie||Magnum 833 - Toyota 2T-G Robinson
|5||Tony Trevor||Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia
(see note 1)
|6||Carlton Tingling||Ralt RT3/82  - VW Brabham
#27 (see note 2)
|R||Ayrton Senna||Ralt RT3/83  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#1 West Surrey Racing
|28||Collision with Brundle|
|R||Martin Brundle||Ralt RT3/83 - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#2 Eddie Jordan Racing
|28||Hit by Senna|
|R||Tim Atkinson||March 793 [783-5] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
Hallmark Chasing (see note 3)
|R||Eric Lang||Ralt RT3/83  - VW Nicholson
#8 Murray Taylor Racing
|R||Johnny Dumfries||Ralt RT3/83  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
|0||Hit by Berg, spun, hit by Grant and Blanchet|
|R||Mike Blanchet||March 813  - Toyota 2T-G Robinson
#18 Tarry Racing with Johnson & Bailey Ltd
(see note 4)
|0||Hit by Dumfries|
|R||Ronnie Grant||Ralt RT3/82  - VW
(see note 5)
|0||Hit by Dumfries|
|DNA||Mario Hytten||Ralt RT3/83  - Toyota 2T-G JQF
Axxess Racing Team
|Did not arrive|
All cars are 2-litre F3 unless noted.
|1||Martin Brundle||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/83 - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||0.57.04|
|2||Ayrton Senna||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/83  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||0.57.38|
|3||Davy Jones||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/83  - VW Nicholson||0.57.39|
|4||Allen Berg||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/83 - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||0.57.54|
|5||Calvin Fish||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/83  - VW Brabham||0.57.81|
|6||Eric Lang||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/83  - VW Nicholson||0.58.08|
|7||Tony Trevor||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia||0.58.20|
|8||Johnny Dumfries||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/83  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||0.58.27|
|9||David Leslie||(F3) 2-litre Magnum 833 - Toyota 2T-G Robinson||0.58.40|
|10||Ronnie Grant||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - VW||0.59.18|
|11||Mike Blanchet||(F3) 2-litre March 813  - Toyota 2T-G Robinson||0.59.59|
|12||Carlton Tingling||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - VW Brabham||0.59.93|
|13||Tim Atkinson||(F3) 2-litre March 793 [783-5] - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||1.01.86|
Notes on the cars:
- Ralt RT3/82  (Tony Trevor): Sold to Dave Scott 16 Jun 1981 and used by him in the latter part of the 1981 season. Used in first part of 1982 (1981 spec car with 82 front suspension Autosport 25 Feb 1982 p4). Sold to Mick Cook Racing ('ex-Scott 82 spec' Autosport 23 Sep 1982 p6) and run as rental car.
- Ralt RT3/82  (Carlton Tingling): Sold to Mint Engineering for Dave Scott in early July 1982. To Carlton Tingling for 1983 (Autosport 3 Mar 1982 p37) and retained 1984.
- March 793 [783-5] (Tim Atkinson): Shown in March records for 1978 as delivered to Daniel Herregods, 19 January 1978, colour yellow with tub 78M25. To Rob Wilson in 1979 to replace his tiring Ralt RT1 and updated to 1979 specification. Autosport notes ‘ex Herregods’ and chassis number noted by F1R at Snetterton in August 1979. Sold to Gerry Amato for 1980 season, Autosport notes his car as ‘ex Wilson 1979’. Retained by Amato until 1982 then sold to Greg and Tim Atkinson.
- March 813  (Mike Blanchet): A works car for Toshio Suzuki, completed 27 Feb 1981. Sold to Tarry Racing for Ian Shaw, described as 'ex Suzuki' AS 6 May 1982 then to Phil Dowsett ('ex Suzuki' Autosport 23 Sep 1982 p6).
- Ralt RT3/82  (Ronnie Grant): Sold to Dave Price Racing in May 1982 and debuted by Jean-Louis Schlesser at Monaco (Autosport 3 Jun 1982 p17). Chassis number given in Autosort 7 Oct 1982. Used by Brundle from Silverstone 31 May onwards after damage to 294 at Dijon. Sold to Ronnie Grant, 1983 and retained 1984.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
These British Formula 3 results have been compiled by Chris Townsend using the main British magazines Autosport and Motoring News but also the US magazine On Track which carried surprisingly good coverage of the British series.
All comments, clarifications, corrections and additions are most welcome. Please email Allen if you can add anything.