IMSA Formula Atlantic Championship Race
Ontario Motor Speedway, 9 May 1976
|1||Gilles Villeneuve||March 76B [10 or 15?] - Ford BDA Morris
#69 (see note 1)
|2||Elliot Forbes-Robinson||Tui BH2  - Ford BDA Nicholson
#70 Allan McCall
|3||Bill Brack||Chevron B34 [34.76.14] - Ford BDA Hart
|4||Johnny Gerber||Chevron B34 [34.76.10] - Ford BDA BSR
#44 Bill Scott Racing
|5||Price Cobb||March 76B  - Ford BDA Race Shop
Doug Shierson Racing (see note 2)
|6||Hugh "Wink" Bancroft||Chevron B34 [34.76.16] - Ford BDA Hart
#12 Fred Opert Racing (see note 3)
|7||Tim Cooper||March 75B - Ford BDA CRW
#17 Wilbur Bunce Racing (see note 4)
|8||Dick Hayes||Chevron B27 - Ford BDA Hart
(see note 5)
|9||Chip Mead||Lola T460 [HU9] - Ford BDA Cosworth
|10||Pete Halsmer||Brabham BT38 - Ford BDA Willis
#42 (see note 6)
|11||Tom Bagley||Chevron B34 - Ford BDA Hart
#7 Fred Opert Racing
|12||Gordon Strom||Chevron B29 - Ford BDA
Fred Opert Racing (see note 7)
|13||Kevin Cogan||Chevron B34 [34.76.20] - Ford BDA Hart
#3 Bill Brack Racing
|14||Seb Barone||March 76B - Ford BDA
#28 Doug Shierson Racing (see note 8)
|15||Hugh Mooney||March 71BM Falconer - Ford twin cam
RPM Racing (see note 9)
|16||Johnnie Crean||March 74B/75B - Ford BDA
#51 (see note 10)
|17||Warren "Bud" Pauge||Brabham BT38 [‘33’] - Ford BDA
(see note 11)
|18||Steve Jizmagian||Lola T460 [HU3] - Ford BDA
|19||Mark Munroe||Brabham BT40  - Ford BDA
|20||Lynn Bentson||Modus M3 [041-FA] - Ford BDA Cosworth
|21||Dale Lang||March 76B [8?] - Ford BDA
Doug Shierson Racing (see note 12)
|22||John Weakley||Lola T360 [HU11] - Ford BDA
(see note 13)
|23||Lee Pitman||Lola T240 - Ford twin cam
(see note 14)
|24||Bobby Brown||Chevron B34 [34.76.07] - Ford BDA Hart
|25||Dennis Firestone||Lola T460 [HU7] - Ford BDA
Wilbur Bunce Racing
|26||Ron Dykes||Brabham BT40  - Ford BDA Hart
|27||Tom Gloy||Lola T460 [HU4] - Ford BDA Phillips
|28||Jeffrey Alkana||March 75B  - Ford BDD
#68 (see note 15)
|29||Tom Pumpelly||March 76B [3?] - Ford BDA
(see note 16)
|30||Bobby Rahal||March 76B [4?] - Ford BDA McCoy
#9 (see note 17)
|31||Marcel Talbot||Chevron B29 - Ford BDA
#10 (see note 18)
|32||Héctor Rebaque||Lola T460 [HU1] - Ford BDA Traylor
Carl Haas Racing
|33||Cliff Hansen||March 76B  - Ford BDA
Doug Shierson Racing (see note 19)
|2||Spun, couldn't restart|
|34||Carl Liebich||Chevron B29 [29-75-03] - Ford BDA Hart
|35||Syd Demovsky||Chevron B29 [29-75-23] - Ford BDA
|36||Jim van Horn||Chevron B27 [27-74-07] - Ford BDA
(see note 20)
|37||Don Breidenbach||March 76B - Ford BDA Cosworth
#76 Roots Footwear (see note 21)
|DNS||Phil Threshie||Lola T360 [HU16] - Ford BDA
(see note 22)
|Did not start|
|DNS||Howdy Holmes||Ralt RT1  - Ford BDA
|Did not start|
|DNS||Joe Colantonio||Lola T360 [HU10] - Ford BDA
(see note 23)
|Did not start|
|DNS||Byron Hatten||March 76B - Ford BDA
||Did not start|
|DNS||Tom Christ||Chevron B27 [27-74-18] - Ford BDA
(see note 24)
|Did not start|
|DNS||Dick Renard||March 71BM - Ford twin cam
||Did not start|
|DNS||Jimmy Santos||Winkelmann - Ford twin cam
||Did not start|
|DNS||Herman Gugliotta||March 76B - Ford BDA
(see note 25)
|Did not start|
|DNS||Rocky Moran||March 75B [722-33?] - Ford BDA
|Did not start|
|DNS||Fred Greenfield||Tui BH2  - Ford BDA Nicholson
||Did not start|
|DNA||James Crawley||Chevron B34 [34.76.21] - Ford BDA Hart
||Did not arrive|
All cars are 1.6-litre FB unless noted.
|1||Gilles Villeneuve||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B [10 or 15?] - Ford BDA Morris||1.35.880|
|2||Bobby Rahal||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B [4?] - Ford BDA McCoy||1.36.641|
|3||Elliot Forbes-Robinson||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Tui BH2  - Ford BDA Nicholson||1.37.098|
|4||Don Breidenbach||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B - Ford BDA Cosworth||1.37.428|
|5||Bobby Brown||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 [34.76.07] - Ford BDA Hart||1.37.670|
|6||Héctor Rebaque||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lola T460 [HU1] - Ford BDA Traylor||1.37.945|
|7||Tom Bagley||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 - Ford BDA Hart||1.38.024|
|8||Tom Pumpelly||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B [3?] - Ford BDA||1.38.050|
|9||Cliff Hansen||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B  - Ford BDA||1.38.140|
|10||Tom Gloy||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lola T460 [HU4] - Ford BDA Phillips||1.38.165|
|11||Johnny Gerber||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 [34.76.10] - Ford BDA BSR||1.38.186|
|12||Pete Halsmer||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Brabham BT38 - Ford BDA Willis||1.38.391|
|13||Price Cobb||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B  - Ford BDA Race Shop||1.38.460|
|14||Bill Brack||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 [34.76.14] - Ford BDA Hart||1.39.038|
|15||Hugh "Wink" Bancroft||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 [34.76.16] - Ford BDA Hart||1.39.039|
|16||Gordon Strom||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B29 - Ford BDA||1.39.213|
|17||Chip Mead||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lola T460 [HU9] - Ford BDA Cosworth||1.39.512|
|18||Dennis Firestone||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lola T460 [HU7] - Ford BDA||1.39.554|
|19||Dick Hayes||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B27 - Ford BDA Hart||1.39.567|
|20||Carl Liebich||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B29 [29-75-03] - Ford BDA Hart||1.39.611|
|21||Ron Dykes||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Brabham BT40  - Ford BDA Hart||1.39.632|
|22||Kevin Cogan||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 [34.76.20] - Ford BDA Hart||1.39.647|
|23||Tim Cooper||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 75B - Ford BDA CRW||1.40.500|
|24||Seb Barone||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B - Ford BDA||1.41.085|
|25||Phil Threshie *||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lola T360 [HU16] - Ford BDA||1.41.870|
|26||Syd Demovsky||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B29 [29-75-23] - Ford BDA||1.42.184|
|27||Warren "Bud" Pauge||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Brabham BT38 [‘33’] - Ford BDA||1.42.960|
|28||Howdy Holmes *||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Ralt RT1  - Ford BDA||1.43.759|
|29||John Weakley||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lola T360 [HU11] - Ford BDA||1.43.928|
|30||Steve Jizmagian||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lola T460 [HU3] - Ford BDA||1.44.044|
|31||Johnnie Crean||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 74B/75B - Ford BDA||1.44.259|
|32||Lynn Bentson||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Modus M3 [041-FA] - Ford BDA Cosworth||1.45.370|
|33||Jim van Horn||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B27 [27-74-07] - Ford BDA||1.45.735|
|34||Joe Colantonio *||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lola T360 [HU10] - Ford BDA||1.46.107|
|35||Mark Munroe||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Brabham BT40  - Ford BDA||1.48.197|
|36||Jeffrey Alkana||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 75B  - Ford BDD||1.48.990|
|37||Dale Lang||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B [8?] - Ford BDA||1.49.568|
|38||Byron Hatten *||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B - Ford BDA||1.51.905|
|39||Tom Christ *||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B27 [27-74-18] - Ford BDA||1.52.731|
|40||Hugh Mooney||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 71BM Falconer - Ford twin cam||1.53.031|
|41||Lee Pitman||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lola T240 - Ford twin cam||1.56.309|
|42||Marcel Talbot||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B29 - Ford BDA||1.56.472|
|43||Dick Renard *||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 71BM - Ford twin cam||No time|
|44||Jimmy Santos *||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Winkelmann - Ford twin cam||No time|
|45||Herman Gugliotta *||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 76B - Ford BDA||No time|
|46||Rocky Moran *||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 75B [722-33?] - Ford BDA||No time|
|47||Fred Greenfield *||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Tui BH2  - Ford BDA Nicholson||No time|
|* Did not start|
Notes on the cars:
- March 76B [10 or 15?] (Gilles Villeneuve): Ecurie Canada ran a pair of green #69 March 76Bs in 1976 for Gilles Villeneuve (Lasalle, Quebec) with support from Skiroulle. Skiroule's signature green colour suggests they were the two cars listed in March records as being "leaf green", 76B-10 and 76B-15. Villeneuve had several crashes during 1976 and probably raced both cars, but exactly how they were used is not known. Two 76Bs were sold to Jim Morgan who raced them in early 1977 SCCA races alongside Bobby Rahal (Glen Ellyn, IL) and then entered them for Rahal in the 1977 Pro series with sponsorship from Red Roof Inns. Rahal also had a 77B but this was crashed at the opening race. One 76B then went to Ron Levanduski (Elmira, NY) and the other to Bob Earl.
- March 76B  (Price Cobb): An orange March 76B invoiced to Shierson in March 1976.
- Chevron B34 [34.76.16] (Hugh "Wink" Bancroft): New to Hugh "Wink" Bancroft (Newport Beach, CA/Costa Mesa, CA) and run for him by Fred Opert Racing in North American Formula Atlantic in 1976. His car was entered by Performance Marketing, and this apparently disguises a move to Shierson Racing in time for the Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières in early September. Bancroft wrecked the B34 in practice at Trois-Rivières, and replaced it with a March 76B.
- March 75B (Tim Cooper): Tim Cooper (Kansas City, MO) raced a yellow #8 March 75B for Doug Shierson Racing in 1975 with backing from Rutledge Oil. Photographs show that this car had all the features of a 75B, so is unlikely to have been his older 73B updated, although this remains a possibility. Cooper moved to Wilbur Bunce Racing for 1976, and the "75B/76B" that Bunce built up for him is likely to have been based on this 75B (but could have been based on Cooper's older 73B). Cooper raced this car in the Players Canadian and IMSA championship in 1976. He appeared at a few races in early 1977 in a March "77B", thought to be this same car further updated. Subsequent history unknown.
- Chevron B27 (Dick Hayes): Dick Hayes (Huntingdon Beach, CA) raced a Chevron in SCCA Nationals and one IMSA Pro race in 1975 and 1976. It was described as an "ex-Howdy Holmes B27" by Finish Line in 1975, and a photograph shows that it was dark blue with dark green sidepods when it appeared at Ontario in May 1976. However, the car Holmes drove was also driven by Tom Pryce at Trois-Rivières, and an ex-Pryce car was owned by Dan Neuman in 1975 and 1976. So it is possible that the car Holmes drove at Watkins Glen in October 1974 was a new car, unrecorded in Chevron records, and this is what went to Hayes. Subsequent history unknown.
- Brabham BT38 (Pete Halsmer): Sold new to Bill Middleton (Newport Beach, CA) and raced in the 1972 SCCA Formula B series. Also raced in SCCA Nationals and at the Run-Offs. Retained for 1973 and run in Nationals, winning at Holtville in March. Retained again for the early 1974 Nationals and then said to have been seized by the sheriff at the Phoenix National for unpaid alimony. Next seen in May 1975 when Pete Halsmer (Huntington Beach, CA) raced "the ex-Middleton Brabham BT-38" in Formula B. Raced by Halsmer for three seasons, during which time it was extensively modified by Halsmer. Halsmer won the Laguna Seca June Sprints in the BT38 in 1977. Subsequent history unknown.
- Chevron B29 (Gordon Strom): Gordon Strom (Santa Cruz, CA/Sunnyvale, CA) ran a Brabham BT35 in west coast SCCA racing from 1972 to 1975 when he moved up to a nearly-new Chevron B29. The car was yellow with red top bodywork and ran as #9. The identity of the Chevron is not known. Strom raced this in 1976 and 1977 until an accident at Laguna Seca in June 1977 in which he suffered massive head injuries. It is likely that the car was destroyed. Strom was hospitalised but his medical insurance "ran out", and a fund was established to help his wife Kay with the overwhelming hospital bills. He died in November 1977 without having regained conciousness.
- March 76B (Seb Barone): Seb Barone (Portland, CT or Dilliner, PA) drove a white #28 March 76B in 1976, entered by Isola Racing but run by Doug Shierson Racing. As a white car, March records suggest this would have been 76B-9, 76B-11 or 76B-12. Barone crashed the car at Trois-Rivières in September and it was not seen again.
- March 71BM Falconer (Hugh Mooney): Hugh Mooney (Huntingdon Beach, CA) raced a "March 712" in SCCA Formula B and IMSA Formula Atlantic in 1976. When he first appeared, he referred to it as a converted F2 car, and when he advertised it in Formula magazine in August 1977, he called it a "March 712 Formula Atlantic", However, it is assumed here to have been a 71BM. In his advert, it had Falconer bodywork and a Hart BDA engine, and is assumed to have had the Falconer body throughout his ownership of it.
- March 74B/75B (Johnnie Crean): Patrick Depailler raced a March 74B at Trois-Rivières in September 1974. Autosport described it as the car tested earlier in England by Jim Crawford, but now set to full Formula 2 specification. Canadian Motorsport Bulletin described it as the ex-Coulon 'slave' March 732. It went to Formula Ford graduate Tom Sauerbrei (Fresno, CA), who had an excellent season in the "742" in SCCA Regionals and Nationals in 1975, winning the regional title. The car was then rebuilt to 75B specification and leased to Johnnie Crean (San Juan Capistrano, CA), the 27-year-old son of former racer John C Crean, who raced it in two IMSA Formula Atlantic races in California in May 1976, and later in SCCA Nationals and Regionals. Subsequent history unknown.
- Brabham BT38 [‘33’] (Warren "Bud" Pauge): A "new chassis" replacing the ASCA team's Brabham BT38 wrecked by Jean-Pierre Jaussaud at Rouen. It was raced by teammate Adam Potocki at Imola, where Potocki failed to qualify, and was then Jaussaud's car for the rest of the season. ASCA entered Jaussaud in the Brazilian F2 Torneio, but he was involved in the startline accident at the second Interlagos race, and the Brabham was badly damaged. According to Chris Townsend's research, this car was acquired by Fred Opert Racing and raced by Héctor Rebaque in the Caracas Formula B race in March 1973, then by Brian Robertson in the JAF Grand Prix in May 1973. It's not clear what else Opert used it for in 1973, but in January 1974, he sold it to John Bernardine (Tulsa, OK) for SCCA Formula B. Then to Warren Pauge (Hacienda Heights, CA) in August 1975, replacing his well-used Brabham BT21. Pauge retained the BT38 for many years, even running it as a Can-Am car once in 1982. After he finally stopped racing it in 1988, he sold it to Marc Bahner, then it went to George Steven in 1992, Tom Stapleton about 2008, and Paul Skilowitz (Stuart, FL) in 2016.
- March 76B [8?] (Dale Lang): Doug Shierson Racing ran a red March 76B for Dale Lang (Wilton, CT) in 1976. The only red 76B in March build records was 76B-8, suggesting this was Lang's car. Lang retained this car for 1977 and then sold it to Ralph Manaker (Erieville, NY) who raced it in 1978.
- Lola T360 [HU11] (John Weakley): New via North American agent Carl Haas to Bill Scott Racing, and run for Elliot Forbes-Robinson (La Crescenta, CA) in the 1975 Canadian Players Formula Atlantic series with Penthouse sponsorship. Forbes-Robinson won two rounds of the Canadian series in this car. Sold to John Weakley (Nashville, IN) for 1976, who ran as part of the Bill Scott Racing team, but he ran out of finance the car was sold to Ivan Roland (Asheville NC) in 1979. Used by Roland's son Russ Roland in SCCA events until 1982, when it was advertised. It was later sold to someone in update New York, so may be the Walter Nelson car.
- Lola T240 (Lee Pitman): Lee Pitman (La Hambra Heights, CA) raced an orange #57 in SCCA races at Riverside and Laguna Seca from 1972 to 1978 at least. He raced for CSCC but rarely scored points at National level. Nothing more known.
- March 75B  (Jeffrey Alkana): Don Breidenbach (Oakland, CA) had a new March 75B which he first raced at Holtville Aerodrome 23 Mar 1975. It was blue and ran as #61 entered by D. L. B. Industries. Last known race was in February 1976, after which Breidenbach's new 76B arrived and the 75B went to Jeffrey Alkana (Azusa, CA), replacing his earlier 74B. Alkana is reported to have won the regional championship in 1977 with this car but it seems more likely that he won the 1976 Cal Club Formula B title. Sold to Alan Holly for 1977, repainted red and again used in Cal Club SCCA events. Sold by Holly to studio exec Steve Brimmer who raced it in 1978 and then kept it, unused, for some time. History then unknown until owned by Walter Hagstrom in 1988. It then sat unused for ten years from 1990 until sold by Roger Downer (Petaluma, CA) to Ken Stone in 2000. Retained by Stone in 2004. With Mark Rincon (Redding, CA) by 2008. Retained by Rincon 2012.
- March 76B [3?] (Tom Pumpelly): Tom Pumpelly (McLean, VA) raced a yellow #34 March 76B, entered by National Tire Wholesale. The only yellow 76B shown in March records was chassis 76B-3. Pumpelly raced the car until it was damaged in a collision with Bancroft at Mosport Park in August, after which it was acquired by Ecurie Canada whose regular driver Gilles Villeneuve had damaged both his cars. It is therefore believed to be the car driven by Villeneuve to win at Trois-Rivières and Road Atlanta in September but this is by no means certain. Then bought by John Lane who rented it back to Pumpelly for the SCCA Run-Offs at Road Atlanta, where Pumpelly crashed it again. Sold to John Norman (Oakland, CA) who raced it as part of a two-car team with Dan Marvin in 1977 and 1978. Norman then sold the car but later bought it back and restored it to Villeneuve's livery.
- March 76B [4?] (Bobby Rahal): Doug Shierson Racing ran an orange #9 March 76B in 1976 for Bobby Rahal (Glen Ellyn, IL). There were four orange March 76Bs according to March records but only one was built as part of the first batch of cars, 76B-4, strongly suggesting this was Rahal's car. The subsequent history of this car is not known until it was advertised in 1985 as "ex-Villeneuve".
- Chevron B29 (Marcel Talbot): Marcel Talbot (Granby, Quebec), raced a second-hand Chevron B29 in the 1976 CASC and IMSA Formula Atlantic championships. The car was black and raced as #10, with Tamaco Industries sponsorship. After Mont-Tremblant in July, he upgraded to a new Chevron B34. Nothing more known.
- March 76B  (Cliff Hansen): Cliff Hansen (Laguna Beach, CA) campaigned a blue/red #6 March 76B in 1976 as part of the Doug Shierson Racing operation. Hansen retained the car as a spare in 1977 (he had a 77B but crashed it). It was later bought from Tom Contino (Ontario, CA) by Damon Meek, who has indentified the car as 76B-02. Meek sold it to Lee Follansbee and it would be the 76B raced by him in the Sears Point Pro race in 1984.
- Chevron B27 [27-74-07] (Jim van Horn): Chevron build record says sold via Fred Opert to George Sabin. Used by Alan Lader as well in 1974. Sold to Bobby Fisher (Lafayette, CA) for 1975 and used in some early-season Nationals and one Pro race. To Jim Van Horn (Orange, CA) for 1976 and run in west coast Pro and SCCA racing. Then a strong candidate for the car of Californian Mike Morris in SCCA races in 1977 though this may have been the ex Hayes car from 1975-76. Either this or the Hayes car likely to be the B27 for sale by Crosslé Cars Pacific in 1982. In February 2007, Bud Morrison bought what he believes to be B27-74-07 from Neil Johnson via Fantasy Junction (Emeryville, CA).
- March 76B (Don Breidenbach): Don Breidenbach (Oakland, CA) ran a #76 March 76B during 1976 with support from Roots Footwear. Nothing more is currently known of this car.
- Lola T360 [HU16] (Phil Threshie): Sold via Carl Haas and Pierre Phillips to Tom Gloy (Lafayette, CA), and raced in SCCA Nationals at the start of the 1975, then in the Players Canadian Formula Atlantic series, sponsored by Hanna Industries. Rented by James Heath for a SCCA National at Willow Springs in October 1975. Sold to Phil Threshie (Alamo, CA), and raced in a SCCA National at Sears Point in April, then in three Californian rounds of the 1976 IMSA series. Advertised by Threshie in November 1976. Subsequent history unknown.
- Lola T360 [HU10] (Joe Colantonio): New via North American agent Carl Haas to Bill Scott Racing, and run for Howdy Holmes (Ann Arbor, MI) in the 1975 Canadian Players Formula Atlantic series. Also raced by Harry MacDonald at the SCCA Pro race at Brainerd in September 1975. To Joe Colantonio (Glenolden, PA) in 1976, and raced in the Players series. Subsequent history unresolved, but the car was with Mike Brodie in 2009. Acquired from Brodie by Daniel Glanz (Bourton-on-the-Water, Gloucestershire) of Legends Automotive In 2010, and offered for sale with a history that said it had had only two owners from new, and had last been raced by Bill Brodie in 1996. Raced by Glanz in the Formula Atlantic classes of HSCC F2 and Derek Bell Trophy races from 2011 to 2015.
- Chevron B27 [27-74-18] (Tom Christ): Chevron build record says sold to Bobby Brown of B&B Racing Enterprises, June 1974. The car was badly damaged in an accident at Trois Rivieres in 1974. Brown says that the remains were returned to Chevron in p/x for two B29s in 1975. However, advertised by Brown in May and June 1975 as 'not raced since complete rebuild at Chevron' which suggests that the car came back to him. Sold later in 1975 to Thomas Christ (Racine, WI), and raced by him in Pro Formula Atlantic and SCCA Nationals in 1976 and 1977. Then unknown until owned by Daniel Sauriol (Appleton, WI) in 1984. Sold to Cliff Ebben (Appleton, WI) at the end of the 1984 season, then sold by him to Comprep (i.e. Dennis Eade of ComPrep (Competition Preparation) in Zenda, WI) for ComPrep customer Alan Lewis (Indianapolis, IN). Run by ComPrep for Eade. Sold to Alan Azar (O'Fallon, IL) in 1999. With dealer Chuck Haines of Can-Am Cars Ltd (St. Louis, MO) in 2018.
- March 76B (Herman Gugliotta): Herman Gugliotta (Dilliner, PA) drove a #33 March 76B in 1976, entered by Isola Racing but run by Doug Shierson Racing. As a white car, March records suggest this would have been 76B-9, 76B-11 or 76B-12. Gugliotta retained the car for SCCA racing, winning the 1979 NE Div title, before selling it to Lyle Heck (Reading, PA) who still owned it in 1982.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
1970 US FB results were compiled from Autoweek reports by Jim Thurman; 1971 results were transcribed from Autoweek by Allen Brown and 1972 results were compiled by Chris Townsend from an SCCA results publication.
The US Formula B series did not continue in 1973 but a race was organised in Caracas in March 1973 that fits here probably better than anywhere else, as do the occasional SCCA F/Atlantic and FB races in 1974 and 1975.