Australian National F1 Championship Race
Oran Park, 21 Aug 1983
|1||Alfredo Costanzo||Tiga FA81  - Ford BDD
|2||Andrew Miedecke||Ralt RT4/81  - Ford BDD
#2 (see note 1)
|3||John Smith||Ralt RT4/81  - Ford BDD
#71 (see note 2)
|4||Paul Radisich||Ralt RT4/83  - Ford BDD
#9 Graham Watson Motor Racing
|5||Doug McArthur||Ralt RT4/82  - Ford BDD
|6||Brian Sampson||Cheetah Mk8 [81-2] - Ford BDD
|7||Peter Williamson||Toleman TA860 [HU2] - Toyota 2T-G
(see note 3)
|39||1 min penalty for jump start|
|8||Terry Hook||Kaditcha AF1 - Ford BDD
|9||Brett Fisher||Liston BF1 - Ford BDD
|10||Craig Gibbs||(ANF2) 1.6-litre Cheetah - Ford
|R||Peter Macrow||Cheetah Mk8 [81-3] - Ford BDD
|R||Lucio Cesario||Ralt RT4/82  - Ford BDD
#16 (see note 4)
|UNK||Peter Warren||March 80A  - Ford BDD
|UNK||Terry Ryan||Ralt RT1  - Ford BDD
|UNK||Peter Boylan||(ANF2) 1.6-litre Ralt RT3/81  - Volkswagen Golf single cam
(see note 5)
|UNK||Barry Johnson||(ANF2) 1.6-litre Birrana 374 - Nissan single cam
All cars are 1.6-litre F/Pac unless noted.
|1||Andrew Miedecke||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/81  - Ford BDD||0.38.8|
|2||Alfredo Costanzo||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Tiga FA81  - Ford BDD||0.38.9|
|3||Paul Radisich||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/83  - Ford BDD||0.39.1|
|4||John Smith||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/81  - Ford BDD||0.39.2|
|5||Peter Williamson||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Toleman TA860 [HU2] - Toyota 2T-G||0.39.6|
|6||Doug McArthur||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/82  - Ford BDD||0.39.7|
|7||Peter Macrow||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Cheetah Mk8 [81-3] - Ford BDD||0.40.1|
|8||Brian Sampson||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Cheetah Mk8 [81-2] - Ford BDD||0.40.5|
|9||Lucio Cesario||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/82  - Ford BDD||0.40.5|
|10||Brett Fisher||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Liston BF1 - Ford BDD||0.41.1|
|11||Peter Warren||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 80A  - Ford BDD||0.41.4|
|12||Terry Hook||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Kaditcha AF1 - Ford BDD||0.42.1|
|13||Terry Ryan||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT1  - Ford BDD||0.43.3|
|14||Peter Boylan||(ANF2) 1.6-litre Ralt RT3/81  - Volkswagen Golf single cam||0.43.4|
|15||Barry Johnson||(ANF2) 1.6-litre Birrana 374 - Nissan single cam||0.45.1|
|16||Craig Gibbs||(ANF2) 1.6-litre Cheetah - Ford||0.45.9|
Notes on the cars:
- Ralt RT4/81  (Andrew Miedecke): Ralt sales record says sold to Andrew Meidecke, without delivery date. [Tub no: 81/94; gearbox: FT1423; JM34732 11/80]. The car of Andrew Meidecke in the 1981 Australian season; chassis number given for Meidecke's car in NZMA report of 1981 AGP [NZMA 23 Nov 81 p4]; chassis number given for Meidecke's car at the Selangor GP 29 Nov 81 [NZMA 11 Jan 82 p3];
- Ralt RT4/81  (John Smith): Ralt sales record says sold to Graham Watson/Smith without delivery date. [Tub no: 81/122; gearbox: FT1475; fuel cell: JM36405 4/81]. The car of John Smith: chassis number given for Smith's car in NZMA report of 1981 AGP, [NZMA 23 Nov 81 p4]. Retained by Smith for the 1982 Gold Star season, but very badly damaged in testing before the Adelaide round. [A/S 15 Jul 82 p49; AMSYB-82 p152]. The car was rebuilt around a new Ralt tub. Chassis number given by AMSYB for Smith's car at 1982 AGP so presumably kept the plate.
- Toleman TA860 [HU2] (Peter Williamson): Invoiced to Peter Williamson 16 Sep 1981. Fitted with a Toyota 2T-G Formula Pacific engine, and raced in Williamson in Australian F/Pacific and in some Southeast Asian F/Pacific events. In 1982 it was crashed heavily at Oran Park, and rebuilt on a new monocoque produced by Liston & Fisher. Williamson raced the car until 1985, when it was sold to Ken Shirvington. Retained by Shirvington thereafter.
- Ralt RT4/82  (Lucio Cesario): Ralt sales record says sold to Graham Watson for Charlie O'Brien, delivered 29 Sep 81. O'Brien's car at Shah Alam GP 16-18 Oct 81 is described as 'new' by NZMA. Chassis number given for O'Brien's car in NZMA report of 1981 AGP [NZMA 23 Nov 81 p4].
- Ralt RT3/81  (Peter Boylan): Ralt sales record says sold via Graham Watson, delivered 14.1.81. [Tub no: 80/42; gearbox Hewland Mk9 H93599; fuel cell: JM 27166 3/79]. The car was sold to Lucio Cesario who used it, fitted with a VW engine, as an Australian rules F2 car, but running it also in F. Pacific races with considerable success in 1981.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
The Australian race results have been provided by Chris Townsend based on material in Autosport and Motoring News reports plus the information supplied by a wide range of contributors.