Australian National F1 Championship Race
Oran Park, 19 Aug 1984
|1||John Bowe||Ralt RT4/84  - Ford BDD Jennings
|2||Alfredo Costanzo||Tiga FA81  - Ford BDD
|3||Ian Bland||Kaditcha FM83 [A] - Ford BDD
|4||Bruce Connolly||Ralt RT4/81  - Ford BDD
#51 (see note 1)
|32||1 min penalty for jump start|
|5||Peter Hopwood||Ralt RT4/81  - Ford BDD Jennings
#22 (see note 2)
|6||Graham Watson||Ralt RT4/82  - Ford BDD
#8 Graham Watson Motor Racing (see note 3)
|7||Terry Ryan||(ANF2) 1.6-litre Ralt RT1  - Ford
|8||Derek Pingel||(ANF2) 1.6-litre Elfin 722  - Volkswagen Golf single cam
|9||Peter Doulman||(ANF2) Avanti
|R||Lucio Cesario||Ralt RT4/82  - Ford BDD
(see note 4)
|R||Peter Macrow||Cheetah Mk8 [81-3] - Ford BDD
|R||Keith McDermott||(unknown) Cheetah
|R||Peter Warren||March 80A  - Ford BDD
|R||Steve Swain||(unknown) Hardman
|UNK||Chas Talbot||Talbot 183 - Ford BDD
|DNA||Chris Hocking||Ralt RT4/83  - Ford BDD
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||Keith McLelland||Cheetah Mk8 [82-1] - Ford BDD
||Did not arrive|
|DNA||Peter Williamson||Toleman TA860 [HU2] - Toyota 2T-G
(see note 5)
|Did not arrive|
All cars are 1.6-litre F/Pac unless noted.
|1||John Bowe||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/84  - Ford BDD Jennings||1.02.8|
|2||Alfredo Costanzo||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Tiga FA81  - Ford BDD||1.03.6|
|3||Bruce Connolly||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/81  - Ford BDD||1.04.1|
|4||Lucio Cesario||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/82  - Ford BDD||1.04.1|
|5||Graham Watson||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/82  - Ford BDD||1.05.0|
|6||Peter Macrow||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Cheetah Mk8 [81-3] - Ford BDD||1.05.3|
|7||Peter Hopwood||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/81  - Ford BDD Jennings||1.06.0|
|8||Terry Ryan||(ANF2) 1.6-litre Ralt RT1  - Ford||1.08.3|
|9||Peter Warren||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre March 80A  - Ford BDD||1.08.8|
|10||Steve Swain||(unknown) Hardman|
|16||Peter Doulman||(ANF2) Avanti||1.13.0|
Notes on the cars:
- Ralt RT4/81  (Bruce Connolly): Ralt sales record says sold to Graham Watson/Pwee, no delivery date. [Tub no: 81/126; gearbox: FT1478; JM36735 6/81] "Pwee" is Gregg 'Peewee' Siddle, who ran the teams of first Nelson Piquet in F3, and then Roberto Moreno in all junior formulae. Chassis number noted in NZMA report on the car of Nelson Piquet at Australian GP 1981 [NZMA 23 Nov 81 p4]. Chassis number given for Moreno's car in NZMA report of the Bay Park race, 3 Jan 82, and presumed to be the car run by Moreno throughout the NZ series. Chassis number given for Phillip Revell's car at the 1982 AGP and presumed to be the car used by Revell in the 1982 Australian Gold Star series. Revell's car also described by AMSYB-82 p166 as 'ex Piquet 1981 AGP'.
- Ralt RT4/81  (Peter Hopwood): Ralt sales record says sold to Graham Watson/Bob Jane, without delivery date. [Tub no: 81/132; Gearbox FT1486; Fuel cell: JM37174 10/81] Chassis number given in NZMA report for the car of Jacques Laffite at the 1981 AGP, [NZMA 23 Nov 81 p4]. The car of Ray Hanger at 1982 AGP is described as 'ex Laffite 1981 AGP' [AMSYB-82 p166] and presumed to be the car used by Hanger earlier in the Australian Gold Star series.
- Ralt RT4/82  (Graham Watson): Ralt sales record says sold to Theodore Racing, delivered 2 Oct 81. [Tub no: 81/123; gearbox FT1482; fuel cell JM36678 6/81] Chassis number given by NZMA for the car of Mike Rosen at Bay Park 3 Jan 82. Described by NZMA report as ex-Jarier, so presumed to be Jarier's car at Macau 1981. A note for Paul Radisich's car at the Bay Park Union Travel Championship race 11 Apr 82 [A/S 15 Apr 82 p48] says that this was the car used earlier in the year by Mike Rosen. Paul Radisich's car at Adelaide 4 Jul 82 is described as 'ex Mike Rosen' [AMSYB-82 p153] Chassis number given for Paul Radisich's car at 1982 AGP, and presumed to be the car used by him throughout the 1982 Australian Gold Star series. Chassis number given NZMN 21 Jan 83 p16 for the car of Paul Radisich at Bay Park, 2 Jan 83.
- Ralt RT4/82  (Lucio Cesario): Ralt sales record says sold to Graham Watson for Charlie O'Brien, delivered 29 Sep 81. O'Brien's car at Shah Alam GP 16-18 Oct 81 is described as 'new' by NZMA. Chassis number given for O'Brien's car in NZMA report of 1981 AGP [NZMA 23 Nov 81 p4].
- Toleman TA860 [HU2] (Peter Williamson): Invoiced to Peter Williamson 16 Sep 1981. Fitted with a Toyota 2T-G Formula Pacific engine, and raced in Williamson in Australian F/Pacific and in some Southeast Asian F/Pacific events. In 1982 it was crashed heavily at Oran Park, and rebuilt on a new monocoque produced by Liston & Fisher. Williamson raced the car until 1985, when it was sold to Ken Shirvington. Retained by Shirvington thereafter.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
The Australian race results have been provided by Chris Townsend based on material in Autosport and Motoring News reports plus the information supplied by a wide range of contributors.