European Formula 3 Championship Round
Donington Park, 4 Apr 1982
|1||James Weaver||Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#2 Eddie Jordan Racing (see note 1)
|2||Oscar Larrauri||Euroracing 101 [March 813-4] - Alfa Romeo
|3||Didier Theys||Martini MK37 - Alfa Romeo
|4||Emanuele Pirro||Euroracing 101 [March 813-5] - Alfa Romeo
|5||Alain Ferté||Martini MK37 - Alfa Romeo
|6||Paolo Giangrossi||Ralt RT3/82  - Alfa Romeo
#17 Vesuvio Racing [Morini] (see note 2)
|7||Juan-Carlos Abella||Ralt RT3/81  - VW Brabham
#82 Galvani Racing Organisation [Mick Cook Racing]
(see note 3)
|8||Gero Zamagna||Anson SA3C  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia
#22 Team Gemini Racing
|9||Tony Trevor||Ralt RT3/80  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia
#26 (see note 4)
|10||Claudio Langes||Dallara 382 - Alfa Romeo
#25 Trivatello Racing Team
|11||Kurt Thiim||March 813 - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#27 Jac Nellemann Racing [Colin Bennett]
|12||Roberto Ravaglia||Dallara 382 - Alfa Romeo
#24 Vesuvio Racing
|DNA||Dave Scott||Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G
#4 Mint Engineering (see note 5)
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||Alfonso Toledano||Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Hesketh
#9 Ivens Lumar Racing (see note 6)
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||Philippe Alliot||Martini MK37 - Alfa Romeo
|Did not arrive|
All cars are 2-litre F3 unless noted.
|1||James Weaver||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||1.07.90|
|2||Oscar Larrauri||(F3) 2-litre Euroracing 101 [March 813-4] - Alfa Romeo||1.08.26|
|3||Didier Theys||(F3) 2-litre Martini MK37 - Alfa Romeo||1.08.47|
|4||Emanuele Pirro||(F3) 2-litre Euroracing 101 [March 813-5] - Alfa Romeo||1.08.66|
|5||Alain Ferté||(F3) 2-litre Martini MK37 - Alfa Romeo||1.08.84|
|6||Paolo Giangrossi||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - Alfa Romeo||1.09.05|
|7||Kurt Thiim||(F3) 2-litre March 813 - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||1.09.11|
|8||Juan-Carlos Abella||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81  - VW Brabham||1.09.49|
|9||Roberto Ravaglia||(F3) 2-litre Dallara 382 - Alfa Romeo||1.09.49|
|10||Claudio Langes||(F3) 2-litre Dallara 382 - Alfa Romeo||1.10.04|
|11||Tony Trevor||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/80  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia||1.10.96|
|12||Gero Zamagna||(F3) 2-litre Anson SA3C  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia||1.11.12|
Notes on the cars:
- Ralt RT3/81  (James Weaver): Sold to Eddie Jordan 22 Feb 1981 and used throughout 1981, mainly by David Sears. Autosport 25 Feb 1982 p4 advises that Jordan's 81 spec Ralt will be driven in 1982 by James Weaver. (A new 82 spec car - chassis 293 - had been purchased for Fernando Macedo to drive.) Used to win Donington Euro round 4 Apr 1982. Retained as spare car early 1983 and driven by Tommy Grunnah at first British round.
- Ralt RT3/82  (Paolo Giangrossi): Sold to Vesuvio Racing 20 Feb 1982 for Paolo Giangrossi to run in Italian and European series. Giangrossi also had chassis 295 as a spare.
- Ralt RT3/81  (Juan-Carlos Abella): Sold to Neil Trundle 7 Apr 1981. Most probably therefore the car used by Thierry Tassin in 1981, as Trundle's other 1981 car (chassis 222) appears from the first round with Claus Schinkel driving. Sold to Galvani GRO team for Carlos Abella to use in 1982, run by Mick Cook. (Autosport 4 Mar 1982 p38 'ex-Tassin').
- Ralt RT3/80  (Tony Trevor): A works car finished July 1980 for Tommy Byrne to run at British GP support race. Sold to Tiga for Daniele Albertin to run. Used by James Weaver in 1981 and then sold to Mike O'Brien. To Tony Trevor for 1982 (Autosport 18 Feb 1982 p7; Motoring News 11 Mar 1982 p14 'ex O'Brien, Weaver') badly damaged at Thruxton in April and probably scrapped. Trevor only reappears at Silverstone 27 June in what Autosport (1 Jul 1982 p8) calls 'a replacement built up from a pile of bits, most bought from Dave Scott's team who had built up a new car during the close season'. These bits may, themselves, have come from the remains of RT3/192 which Scott may have destroyed in testing in 1980, plus surplus parts from RT3/250. We should presume that 183 ceases to exist after April 1980 unless observation of the plate can be found on Trevor's late 1982 car.
- Ralt RT3/81  (Dave Scott): Sold to Dave Scott 16 Jun 1981 and used by him in the latter part of the 1981 season. Used in first part of 1982 (1981 spec car with 82 front suspension Autosport 25 Feb 1982 p4). Sold to Mick Cook Racing ('ex-Scott 82 spec' Autosport 23 Sep 1982 p6) and run as rental car.
- Ralt RT3/81  (Alfonso Toledano): Sold to Hope Scott Garage and used by David Leslie in the 1981 season. Sold to Mike Reed (Ivens Lumar Racing) Autosport 3 Sep 1981 p3. Ivens Lumar ran Alfonso Toledano in the car in early 1981 (Autosport 21 Jan 1982 p6). Rebuilt on an 82 spec tub after accident at R3 (Motoring News 1 Apr 1982 p20; the car is described as 'new' by Autosport when it reappears at Thruxton on 12 Apr). Then run for Roberto Moreno from Mallory Park 25 Apr.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
These British Formula 3 results have been compiled by Chris Townsend using the main British magazines Autosport and Motoring News but also the US magazine On Track which carried surprisingly good coverage of the British series.