Marlboro European F3 Trophy
Silverstone, 13 Jun 1982
|1||Emanuele Pirro||Euroracing 101 [March 813-5] - Alfa Romeo
|2||James Weaver||Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#5 Eddie Jordan Racing (see note 1)
|3||Enrique Mansilla||Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Nicholson
#55 West Surrey Racing (see note 2)
|4||Roberto Moreno||Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G
#14 Ivens Lumar Racing (see note 3)
|5||Juan-Carlos Abella||Ralt RT3/81  - VW Brabham
#82 Galvani Racing Organisation
(see note 4)
|6||Tommy Byrne||Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Hesketh
#11 Murray Taylor Racing (see note 5)
|7||Martin Brundle||Ralt RT3/82  - VW Brabham
#77 Dave Price Racing (see note 6)
|8||Claudio Langes||Anson SA3C  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia
#9 Anson Racing Cars
|9||Dave Scott||Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#24 Mint Engineering (see note 7)
|10||Denis Morin||Ralt RT3/81 - Toyota 2T-G
#10 Bertram Schäfer Racing
|11||Alfonso Toledano||Ralt RT3/80  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#50 Roy Kennedy Racing (see note 8)
|12||Mike O'Brien||Anson SA3C  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia
|13||Didier Theys||Martini MK37 - Alfa Romeo
|14||Peter Argetsinger||Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia
#20 HART (see note 9)
|15||Mario Hytten||Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia
#41 DB Motorsport (see note 10)
|16||Gero Zamagna||Anson SA3C  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia
#7 Funkberater Racing Team
|17||Osamu Nakako||Hayashi HR321 - Toyota 2T-G
#61 Hayashi Racing
|18||Phil Kempe||Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#13 Eddie Jordan Racing (see note 11)
|19||Roy Steele||Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Hesketh
#28 Docking Spitzley Racing (see note 12)
|20||David Leslie||Magnum 823  - Toyota 2T-G
#35 Robinson Motorsport
|21||Tony Norton||March 803  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#32 PC Designs for PCBs (see note 13)
|22||Ian Shaw||March 813  - Toyota 2T-G
#18 Tarry Racing (see note 14)
|23||Bob Birrell||March 813  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#36 Royal Corps of Transport Racing
(see note 15)
|24||John Nielsen||Ralt RT3/82  - VW Spiess
#8 Volkswagen Motorsport (see note 16)
|DSQ||Alain Ferté||Martini MK37 - Alfa Romeo
|20||Skirts too low|
|DNS||Philippe Alliot||Martini MK37 - Alfa Romeo
|Did not start|
|DNS||Tim Lee-Davey||Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Hesketh
#12 Brands Hatch Racing (see note 17)
|Did not start|
|DNS||Paolo Giangrossi||Ralt RT3/82  - Alfa Romeo
#23 Vesuvio Racing [Morini] (see note 18)
|Did not start|
|DNA||Oscar Larrauri||Euroracing 101 - Alfa Romeo
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||Richard Trott||Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Nelson
#17 (see note 19)
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||Tony Trevor||Ralt RT3 - Toyota 2T-G
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||Josh Wright||Pilbeam MP51  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor
#27 Abbey Farm Racing
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||Luiz Schaffer||Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Mader
#30 Trundle Engineering (see note 20)
|Did not arrive|
All cars are 2-litre F3 unless noted.
|1||James Weaver||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||1.23.88|
|2||Emanuele Pirro||(F3) 2-litre Euroracing 101 [March 813-5] - Alfa Romeo||1.24.60|
|3||Enrique Mansilla||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Nicholson||1.25.69|
|4||Roberto Moreno||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G||1.25.72|
|5||Tommy Byrne||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Hesketh||1.25.79|
|6||Juan-Carlos Abella||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81  - VW Brabham||1.25.82|
|7||Dave Scott||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||1.25.88|
|8||Martin Brundle||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - VW Brabham||1.26.07|
|9||Alain Ferté||(F3) 2-litre Martini MK37 - Alfa Romeo||1.26.56|
|10||Denis Morin||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81 - Toyota 2T-G||1.26.78|
|11||Claudio Langes||(F3) 2-litre Anson SA3C  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia||1.26.82|
|12||Alfonso Toledano||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/80  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||1.26.85|
|13||John Nielsen||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - VW Spiess||1.26.98|
|14||Philippe Alliot *||(F3) 2-litre Martini MK37 - Alfa Romeo||1.26.99|
|15||Peter Argetsinger||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia||1.27.20|
|16||Mario Hytten||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia||1.27.33|
|17||Mike O'Brien||(F3) 2-litre Anson SA3C  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia||1.27.37|
|18||Paolo Giangrossi *||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - Alfa Romeo||1.27.48|
|19||Osamu Nakako||(F3) 2-litre Hayashi HR321 - Toyota 2T-G||1.27.70|
|20||Ian Shaw||(F3) 2-litre March 813  - Toyota 2T-G||1.28.38|
|21||Didier Theys||(F3) 2-litre Martini MK37 - Alfa Romeo||1.28.52|
|22||Tim Lee-Davey *||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Hesketh||1.28.58|
|23||Gero Zamagna||(F3) 2-litre Anson SA3C  - Toyota 2T-G Anglia||1.29.09|
|24||Phil Kempe||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/82  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||1.29.16|
|25||David Leslie||(F3) 2-litre Magnum 823  - Toyota 2T-G||1.29.17|
|26||Roy Steele||(F3) 2-litre Ralt RT3/81  - Toyota 2T-G Hesketh||1.29.52|
|27||Tony Norton||(F3) 2-litre March 803  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||1.31.98|
|28||Bob Birrell||(F3) 2-litre March 813  - Toyota 2T-G Novamotor||1.36.37|
|* Did not start|
Notes on the cars:
- Ralt RT3/81  (James Weaver): Sold to Eddie Jordan 22 Feb 1981 and used throughout 1981, mainly by David Sears. Autosport 25 Feb 1982 p4 advises that Jordan's 81 spec Ralt will be driven in 1982 by James Weaver. (A new 82 spec car - chassis 293 - had been purchased for Fernando Macedo to drive.) Used to win Donington Euro round 4 Apr 1982. Retained as spare car early 1983 and driven by Tommy Grunnah at first British round.
- Ralt RT3/82  (Enrique Mansilla): Sold to West Surrey Racing for Enrique Mansilla. Badly damaged in testing at Goodwood in late February, rebuilt in time for first race of 1982 season, but Mansilla then preferred the older WSR car until Silverstone 31 May. Used by Senna to win his first F3 race at Thruxton at the end of the season. For sale Autosport 14 Oct 1982 p68.
- Ralt RT3/81  (Roberto Moreno): Sold to Hope Scott Garage and used by David Leslie in the 1981 season. Sold to Mike Reed (Ivens Lumar Racing) Autosport 3 Sep 1981 p3. Ivens Lumar ran Alfonso Toledano in the car in early 1981 (Autosport 21 Jan 1982 p6). Rebuilt on an 82 spec tub after accident at R3 (Motoring News 1 Apr 1982 p20; the car is described as 'new' by Autosport when it reappears at Thruxton on 12 Apr). Then run for Roberto Moreno from Mallory Park 25 Apr.
- Ralt RT3/81  (Juan-Carlos Abella): Sold to Neil Trundle 7 Apr 1981. Most probably therefore the car used by Thierry Tassin in 1981, as Trundle's other 1981 car (chassis 222) appears from the first round with Claus Schinkel driving. Sold to Galvani GRO team for Carlos Abella to use in 1982, run by Mick Cook. (Autosport 4 Mar 1982 p38 'ex-Tassin').
- Ralt RT3/82  (Tommy Byrne): Sold to Murray Taylor Racing 26 Feb 1982 but not debuted until Snetterton 2 May, driven by Tommy Byrne. Taken over by Lee-Davey at Brands 11 Jul. Rented to Dave Coyne for Oulton 26 Sep.
- Ralt RT3/82  (Martin Brundle): Sold to Dave Price Racing in May 1982 and debuted by Jean-Louis Schlesser at Monaco (Autosport 3 Jun 1982 p17). Chassis number given in Autosort 7 Oct 1982. Used by Brundle from Silverstone 31 May onwards after damage to 294 at Dijon. Sold to Ronnie Grant, 1983 and retained 1984.
- Ralt RT3/81  (Dave Scott): Sold to Dave Scott 16 Jun 1981 and used by him in the latter part of the 1981 season. Used in first part of 1982 (1981 spec car with 82 front suspension Autosport 25 Feb 1982 p4). Sold to Mick Cook Racing ('ex-Scott 82 spec' Autosport 23 Sep 1982 p6) and run as rental car.
- Ralt RT3/80  (Alfonso Toledano): Sold to Wyatt Stanley 22 May 1980 and used in 1980 British series. To Roy Kennedy Racing ('ex Stanley' Autosport 2 Jul 1981 p4) for various rental drivers. Retained 1982.
- Ralt RT3/81  (Peter Argetsinger): Sold to Murray Taylor Racing 21 Jan 1981. Initially Raul Boesel's race car, then later used by Tim Lee-Davey (British GP support race) and Tommy Byrne. For sale Autosport 4 Feb 1982 p61 MTR offer 81 RT3 'as driven by Boesel, Byrne and Lee-Davey'. Sold to Peter Argetsinger (Autosport 25 Feb 1982 p5 says ex Boesel; Motoring News says ex-Lee Davey, so the older 1981 MTR car). Also rented to David Sears.
- Ralt RT3/81  (Mario Hytten): Sold to Neil Trundle 20 Feb 1981 and used by Claus Schinkel in the British series. Retained early 1982 and driven by Luis Schafer (Autosport 4 Mar 1982 'ex Schinkel'), then sold to DB Racing for Mario Hytten when a 1982 spec car arrived.
- Ralt RT3/82  (Phil Kempe): Sold to Eddie Jordan, 17 Feb 1982, initially for Fernando Macedo. Taken over by Phil Kempe at Silverstone 31 May. Raced by David Leslie at Cadwell when Kempe had glandular fever. Weaver finally got to drive the car at Oulton 7 Aug, then used by Paul Bishop a week later.
- Ralt RT3/81  (Roy Steele): Sold to Enrique Benamo 15 Apr 1981 and run by Rushen Green Racing throughout the season. Taken by Benamo to Docking Spitzley for 1982 and subsequently rented to Roy Steele when Benamo ran out of money. Sold to Martin Wood in Sep 1982 (Autosport 23 Sep 1982 p6). Retained by Wood 1983 (Autosport 3 Mar 1983 p37).
- March 803  (Tony Norton): Sold to Eddie Jordan 18 Jan 1980. Used in first part of 1980 season, then rented out, and for sale with chassis number (Autosport 5 Feb 1981 p47). To Roger Cowman (Belper, Derbyshire) for Ian Shaw then subsequently to Tony Norton. Retained 1982.
- March 813  (Ian Shaw): A works car for Toshio Suzuki, completed 27 Feb 1981. Sold to Tarry Racing for Ian Shaw, described as 'ex Suzuki' AS 6 May 1982 then to Phil Dowsett ('ex Suzuki' Autosport 23 Sep 1982 p6).
- March 813  (Bob Birrell): Sold to Victor Rosso, 26 Apr 1981 and used in British series. Sold to Major Bob Birrell for 1982 and driven by Ed Jones at Cadwell. Retained 1983 and used by Jan Thoelke in German series.
- Ralt RT3/82  (John Nielsen): Sold to VW Motorsport 9 Feb 1982 for John Nielsen to use in Euro series and German races.
- Ralt RT3/82  (Tim Lee-Davey): Sold to Tim Lee-Davey 23 Feb 1982 and run by Christal Racing for early part of 1982 series. From Silverstone 31 May, run independently. When Lee-Davey went to Murray Taylor Racing the car went with him and was used by other MTR drivers, including Mike Rosen at Brands 11 Jul and Davy Jones at Brands 15 Aug. Retained by Lee-Davey for 1983.
- Ralt RT3/82  (Paolo Giangrossi): Sold to Vesuvio Racing 20 Feb 1982 for Paolo Giangrossi to run in Italian and European series. Giangrossi also had chassis 295 as a spare.
- Ralt RT3/81  (Richard Trott): Sold to Richard Trott 19 Jan 1981. Used throughout 1981 season, leased to Tassin at Cadwell Park. Retained 1982, rented to Martin Longmore for British GP support race.
- Ralt RT3/82  (Luiz Schaffer): Sold to Neil Trundle 24 Mar 1982. Used by Luis Schaffer from Thruxton 12 Apr, replacing his 81 spec chassis 222. Later used by Kees Nierop when Schaffer ran out of money. Probably the car run by Trundle for Allen Berg in 1983.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
These British Formula 3 results have been compiled by Chris Townsend using the main British magazines Autosport and Motoring News but also the US magazine On Track which carried surprisingly good coverage of the British series.