South East Division SCCA Formula A 1965
The Southeast Division was keen on formula racing but it was the local Formula Vee constructors who were driving this change. It would be some time before a Formula A car was seen in this division.
|13 Mar 1965||Fernandina Beach||Central Florida Region|
|01 May 1965||Savannah International Raceway||Savannah Region|
|29 May 1965||Courtland||Tennessee Valley Region|
|12 Jun 1965||Spartanburg||Central Carolinas Region|
|03 Jul 1965||Courtland||Alabama Region|
|17 Jul 1965||Palm Beach International Raceway||Florida Region|
|04 Sep 1965||Daytona||Central Florida Region|
|02 Oct 1965||Bainbridge||Dixie & Central Alabama Region|
Southeast Division sources
What we know of Southeast Division racing in this period comes from Competition Press & Autoweek's reports on SCCA Nationals and the SCCA's own Sports Car magazine. We are keen to learn more and are therefore very keen to acquire or borrow 1960s, 1970s and 1980s copies of SCCA regional publications from this Division. The known ones are:
- The Checker (Central Florida Region)
- CARolina Newsletter (Central Carolina Region)
- The Racket (Tennessee Valley Region)
- Regional Notes (Florida Region)
- Rich Mixture (Southern West Virginia Region)
- Sowega Newsletter (Sowega Region - became Chavaga Region in 1968)
- Sports Racing News (Alabama Region)
- Steering Wheel (Atlanta Region)
North Carolina Region, which moved from NEDiv to SEDiv in the late 1960s, has made its newsletter available online at the NCR website.
We are also keen to get scans of entry lists from SCCA Nationals in this Division.