New Zealand Formula Pacific Race
Manfeild, 9 Dec 1984
|1||Davy Jones||Ralt RT4/85  - Ford BDD
#1 Graham Watson Racing
|2||Ken Smith||Ralt RT4/82  - Ford BDD
#11 Apple Car Company (see note 1)
|3||Charlie O'Brien||Ralt RT4/83  - Ford BDD
|4||Jeff MacPherson||Ralt RT4/83  - Ford BDD
#70 Alan McCall
|5||Brett Riley||Ralt RT4/82  - Ford BDA
#6 Eric Morgan (see note 2)
|6||Steve Cameron||Ralt RT4/81 - Ford BDD
#4 Rick Shea Racing
|7||Ross Cheever||Ralt RT4/85  - Ford BDD
#2 Graham Watson Racing
|8||Tom Blackaller||Ralt RT4/83 [81-213] - Ford BDD
Rick Shea Racing
|9||Ross Zampati||Ralt RT4/82  - Ford BDD
(see note 3)
|10||Dave McMillan||Ralt RT4/82  - Ford BDD
#41 (see note 4)
|UNK||Peter Haskett||Chevron B49 [49-79-04] - Ford BDD
James Credit Real Estate (see note 5)
All cars are 1.6-litre F/Pac unless noted.
|1||Davy Jones||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/85  - Ford BDD||1.04.85|
|2||Ken Smith||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/82  - Ford BDD||1.05.15|
|3||Brett Riley||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/82  - Ford BDA||1.05.24|
|4||Ross Cheever||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/85  - Ford BDD||1.05.34|
|5||Jeff MacPherson||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/83  - Ford BDD||1.05.36|
|6||Dave McMillan||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/82  - Ford BDD||1.06.00|
|7||Steve Cameron||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/81 - Ford BDD||1.06.11|
|8||Charlie O'Brien||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/83  - Ford BDD||1.06.13|
|9||Tom Blackaller||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/83 [81-213] - Ford BDD||1.07.19|
|10||Peter Haskett||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Chevron B49 [49-79-04] - Ford BDD||1.08.27|
|11||Ross Zampati||(F/Pac) 1.6-litre Ralt RT4/82  - Ford BDD||1.08.74|
Notes on the cars:
- Ralt RT4/82  (Ken Smith): Ralt sales record says sold to Graham Watson/Bob Jane, without delivery date. [Tub no: 81/118; Gearbox FT1356; Fuel cell: JM36679 5/81] Chassis number noted in NZMA report as on the car of Geoff Brabham at the AGP 1981, [NZMA 23 Nov 81 p4]. Chassis number given for Jacques Laffite's car at 1982 AGP. Chassis number given NZMN 21 Jan 83 p16 for the car of Ken Smith at Bay Park, 2 Jan 83. A separate note by Dave McKinney says that this was the car used by Brabham 1981 AGP and Jacques Laffite 1982 AGP.
- Ralt RT4/82  (Brett Riley): Ralt sales record says sold to Mallock, delivered 2 Oct 81. [Tub no: gearbox: FT1476; fuel cell: JM36737 6/81]. Ray Mallock's car for Australian GP, 1981 and this number observed on Mallock's car in the NZMA report of that race, [NZMA 23 Nov 81 p4]. Dave McKinney's report of that race says that the car had been shaken down in a Formula Libre race in Britain. Chassis number given for the car of Hubert Phipps at the 1982 AGP. It is presumed the car was in fact owned by Bob Jane [owner of Calder] and leased to Mallock, and later to Phipps.
- Ralt RT4/82  (Ross Zampati): Ralt sales record says sold to Graham Watson/Smith without delivery date. [Tub no: 81/122; gearbox: FT1475; fuel cell: JM36405 4/81]. The car of John Smith: chassis number given for Smith's car in NZMA report of 1981 AGP, [NZMA 23 Nov 81 p4]. Retained by Smith for the 1982 Gold Star season, but very badly damaged in testing before the Adelaide round. [A/S 15 Jul 82 p49; AMSYB-82 p152]. The car was rebuilt around a new Ralt tub. Chassis number given by AMSYB for Smith's car at 1982 AGP so presumably kept the plate.
- Ralt RT4/82  (Dave McMillan): Ralt sales record says sold to Theodore Racing, delivered 16 Oct 81. [Tub no: 81/135; gearbox FT1488; fuel cell JM37176 10/81] Dave McMillan's car at Bay Park 3 Jan 82 is described by NZMN as Lees's car from Macau, 1981. Chassis number given NZMN 21 Jan 83 p16 for the car of Dave McMillan at Bay Park, 2 Jan 83. Presumed to be the car used by McMillan for the first part of the 1982 North American season, before he was given a 1982 specification car to use [alternatively this may have been RT4-205]. Chassis number given for McMillan's car at 1982 AGP, [AMSYB-82 p167]
- Chevron B49 [49-79-04] (Peter Haskett): New to Graeme Lawrence (New Zealand) and raced in the Southeast Asian Formula Pacific races in 1979. Crashed in the Selangor Grand Prix in September, and reported to have been written off. To Peter Haskett and rebuilt. Entered by Haskett for Charlie Thomasen in the 1983/84 New Zealand season. Raced by Haskett in the 1983/84 season, and retained for 1984/85. Then unknown until 2003 or 2004, when it was bought from Kenny Smith by Kevin Ban (Christchurch, NZ) of Kelford Cams. It went to Barry Leitch for restoration, and Murray Sinclair commented on TNF in June 2006 that it would need a new monocoque, which was being fabricated. It was shown complete in March 2015, when Ban was due to pick it up.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
The New Zealand race results have been provided by Chris Townsend based on material in Autosport and Motoring News reports in the UK, Motoraction in New Zealand plus the information supplied by a wide range of contributors.