SCCA National (New York Region)
Bridgehampton, 19 Sep 1976
|1||Eric Kerman||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 75B [73B-7] - Ford BDA
#81 (see note 1)
|2||Rick Bell||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 [34-76-18] - Ford BDA Hart
#78 (see note 2)
|16||2nd in FB|
|3||Robert Silvestro||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Lotus 69 - Ford twin cam Hart
#99 (see note 3)
|16||3rd in FB|
|4||Tom Thompson||(FSV) 1.6-litre Lola T324 VW
|15||1st in FSV|
|5||Diana Black||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Chevron B34 [34-76-07] - Ford BDA Morris
#77 (see note 4)
|15||4th in FB|
|6||Harry Greenwood||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre March 71BM Falconer - Ford BDA
#55 (see note 5)
|15||5th in FB|
|7||Don Maguire||(FSV) 1.6-litre Maguire VW
|8||Norman Marx||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T300 [HU5-2] - Chevrolet V8
|9||1st in FA|
|R||Gene Stanton||(F5000) 5-litre Crosslé 15F [C15F/68/40] - Chevrolet V8
|R||Domenic Billera||(FSV) 1.6-litre Modus VW
|DNS||Carmelo Crisafulli||(F/Atl) 1.6-litre Brabham BT38 
|Did not start|
All cars are 1.6-litre FB unless noted.
|Qualifying information not available|
Notes on the cars:
- March 75B [73B-7] (Eric Kerman): New to Ron Cohn (Modena, NY), and run as a two-car team with Bruce MacInnes in 1973, entered by DRC Formula Racing Inc in Players Canadian and SCCA Formula B races, running as #56. Retained for 1974, running in the Players Canadian Formula Atlantic series and in the US GP support race at Watkins Glen in October. To Eric Kerman (Hempstead, NY/Glen Cove, NY) for 1975 and updated with new orange bodywork, entered as #81 or #87, and running as a 75B. Raced by Kerman in SCCA Nationals from 1975 to 1979. Later to Oran Bushey (Huntingdon, NY) and raced until 1982. Subsequent history unknown, but this is a leading candidate for the car used by Cory Mayo with a Chevrolet V6 engine in the RCCA series in the 1980s. .
- Chevron B34 [34-76-18] (Rick Bell): To Rick Bell (Lakeville, CT) and used in Northeast Division Formula B, entered by Bell Racing. Also raced in two Pro races in Canada in July and August. Retained for 1977 again for NEDiv FB, but also taking in two Pro races at Trois-Rivières and Québec City. Subsequent history unknown.
- Lotus 69 (Robert Silvestro): An "ex-Jacques Couture" Lotus 69 bought from Joe Grimaldi by Victor Gagliano (Floral Park, NY) and Bob Silvestro (Patterson, NY). They raced the car in SCCA Northeast Division Formula B and then Formula Atlantic from 1974 to 1979, appearing at Bridgehampton, Lime Rock and Watkins Glen. The car was often entered by VAS Enterprises, Gagliano's company, which had previously been the entrant of his Formula C March 703, or by Continental Automotive. Silvestro sold the car to Keith Park (San Diego, CA) in about 1993, and later heard that Park had sold it to Dave Bean (San Andreas, CA). The car was still owned by Bean when he died in 2017.
- Chevron B34 [34-76-07] (Diana Black): New to Bobby Brown (Hicksville, NY) and used in the Players Canadian championship and in SCCA Nationals, entered by Bob Brown Racing with crew chief Carroll Smith, and sponsored by Audiovox. In June, Brown bought a March 76B instead, and the Chevron passed to Diana Black (Kew Gardens, NY/Briarwood, NY) who raced it for the rest of the season. Retained by Black for 1977 and 1978. Advertised by Black as "ex-Bobby Brown" in September 1978. This car is reported to have been used by Harry Crispen in EMRA racing for some years, and is believed to be the car driven by Bernard Juchli, General Manager of Jay Leno's Big Dog Garage, between 2006 and 2014.
- March 71BM Falconer (Harry Greenwood): Geoff Freeman (Yellow Springs, OH) raced a March 71BM in the latter part of the 1971 SCCA season, first appearing in a National at Blackhawk Farms in August, and later winning a couple of Regionals. He also raced at Blackhawk Farms and Nelson Ledges in July 1972. It was sold by Freeman to brothers Tom and Ted Sokoly updated with Falconer bodywork, and was raced by Tom Sokoly (Racine, WI) in various incarnations from 1973 to 1976. Sokoly advertised it at the end of 1975 as a Falconer March 712/732 with Traylor BDD, and replaced it for 1976 with a 75B. Sold to Harry E. Greenwood (Fanwood, NJ, later Warren, NJ), who raced it in SCCA Formula B from 1976 to 1978. He entered it at Lime Rock in July 1976 as a March "732", advertised it as a "73B" in October 1976, and as a "1973 chassis with 1974 coachwork" in September 1978. A photograph of the car in July 1978 shows it still wearing 1973 Falconer bodywork, and with the Sokoly's very distinctive rollhoop. Subsequent history unknown.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
Individual sources for this event
SCCA Sanction 76-N-67S. Official results from SCCA records at the IMRRC.