Oran Park "100"
Oran Park, 2 Feb 1975
|1||Warwick Brown||Lola T332 [HU27] - Chevrolet V8
(see note 1)
|2||Graeme Lawrence||Lola T332 [HU28] - Chevrolet V8
(see note 2)
|3||Johnnie Walker||Lola T332 [T330 HU23(B)] - Repco Holden V8
|4||Chris Amon||Talon MR-1 - Chevrolet V8
|5||John McCormack||Elfin MR6  - Repco Holden V8
|6||Ken Smith||Lola T330 [HU8] - Chevrolet V8
(see note 3)
|7||Max Stewart||Lola T400 [HU2] - Chevrolet V8
(see note 4)
|8||Graham McRae||McRae GM2  - Chevrolet V8
|9||Kevin Loy||Matich A51  - Repco Holden V8
|10||Kevin Bartlett||Lola T400 [HU1] - Chevrolet V8
(see note 5)
|R||Garrie Cooper||Elfin MR5  - Repco Holden V8
(see note 6)
|R||Jon Davison||Matich A50  - Repco Holden V8
(see note 7)
|R||John Goss||Matich A53  - Repco Holden V8
|R||John Leffler||Bowin P8 [P8-136-74] - Chevrolet V8
|DNS||Jim Murdoch||Begg  - Chevrolet V8
(see note 8)
|Did not start
All cars are 5-litre F5000 unless noted.
|1||Warwick Brown||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T332 [HU27] - Chevrolet V8||65.0|
|2||Chris Amon||(F5000) 5-litre Talon MR-1 - Chevrolet V8||65.4|
|3||Graeme Lawrence||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T332 [HU28] - Chevrolet V8||65.7|
|4||Johnnie Walker||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T332 [T330 HU23(B)] - Repco Holden V8||66.1|
|5||Graham McRae||(F5000) 5-litre McRae GM2  - Chevrolet V8||66.2|
|6||Max Stewart||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T400 [HU2] - Chevrolet V8||66.2|
|7||John Goss||(F5000) 5-litre Matich A53  - Repco Holden V8||66.4|
|8||Kevin Bartlett||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T400 [HU1] - Chevrolet V8||66.6|
|9||John McCormack||(F5000) 5-litre Elfin MR6  - Repco Holden V8||67.2|
|10||Ken Smith||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T330 [HU8] - Chevrolet V8||68.1|
|11||Jim Murdoch *||(F5000) 5-litre Begg  - Chevrolet V8||68.9|
|12||Garrie Cooper||(F5000) 5-litre Elfin MR5  - Repco Holden V8||69.5|
|13||Jon Davison||(F5000) 5-litre Matich A50  - Repco Holden V8||73.2|
|14||Kevin Loy||(F5000) 5-litre Matich A51  - Repco Holden V8||75.5|
|15||John Leffler||(F5000) 5-litre Bowin P8 [P8-136-74] - Chevrolet V8||DNP|
|* Did not start|
Notes on the cars:
- Lola T332 [HU27] (Warwick Brown): See full history: Lola T332 HU27.
- Lola T332 [HU28] (Graeme Lawrence): Graeme Lawrence (NZ) for Tasman 1974, New Zealand Gold Star 1974; Tasman 1975; Tasman 1976; Gold Star Oct/Nov 1976; Australian Internationals 1977 - Terry Hook (Aus) Australian Internationals 1978, Australian Internationals 1979; heavily crashed at a club event at Lakeside 21 Jun 1981. Rebuilt by March 1982 by Chas Talbot on a new tub. Sold to Bob Minogue and Pete Brennan in the mid-1980s who sold the rear end to Peter Bick to complete his ex-Davison HU34. The ex-Hook car was then built up with other parts and sold to Manuel Jimenez who in turn passed it to Murray Richards (Murrumbeena, Australia). To David Sharp (New Zealand) 1993. To Murray Sinclair (Hong Kong, and Christchurch, New Zealand) 2001, and raced in the F5000 Tasman Revival from 2003 to 2007. To Russell Greer (Blenheim, New Zealand) 2007, who continued to race it in the Revival series. More information about Lola T332 HU28
- Lola T330 [HU8] (Ken Smith): To Haas/Hall and developed by Jim Hall with revised bodywork, radiators and rear wing for Brian Redman in the 1973 US series. Then to Rogers Racing for Larry Harley in the 1974 US series. To Ken Smith (New Zealand) for the 1974/75 season, the New Zealand and Australian Internationals 1976. To Chris Milton (South Australia) and raced in Australia from Sep 1977 to Sep 1978. To John Blanden 1978, and driven for him by Rob Butcher from 1979 to 1982. To Bib Stillwell 1988 for Australian historic racing. To Noel Robson (Melbourne, Australia) 1993, and raced in Australian historic racing for many years. More information about Lola T330 HU8
- Lola T400 [HU2] (Max Stewart): See full history: Lola T400 HU2.
- Lola T400 [HU1] (Kevin Bartlett): See full history: Lola T400 HU1.
- Elfin MR5  (Garrie Cooper): Works Elfin Sports Cars entry for Garrie Cooper in the 1972 Tasman and Australian Gold Star, the 1973 Tasman and Australian Gold Star, the 1974 Tasman and Australian Gold Star, and the 1975 Tasman and Australian Gold Star. Rebuilt in August 1975 as the MR5-B. Sold to John Edmonds for the last race of the Australian Gold Star, then the 1976 New Zealand and Australian Internationals, the 1976 national season, and the 1977 Australian Internationals. Then to Phil Ward 1977, and then with Mike Pope from 1980 to 1986. History then unknown until bought from Geoff Munday by Gavin Sala. Sold by Sala to Ken Smith in Nnew Zealand, and reportedly with Barrie Flett in 1994. The car is said to have spent time in a museum in NZ, before being bought by Smith again, and sold back to Geoff Munday some time before 2014.
- Matich A50  (Jon Davison): Bought by Johnny Walker, and fitted with the engine and transmission from his Elfin MR5. Raced by Walker in the 1972 Australian Gold Star, 1973 Australian Internationals, then to America for four races in the US series. To Jon Davison for the 1974 Australian Gold Star and 1975 Australian Internationals 1975 Australian Gold Star, 1976 Australian Internationals, 1976 Australian Gold Star, and 1977 Australian Internationals. To Bronwyn Taylor 1977 and raced in 1978 and 1979 - Geoff Munyard 1980 - leased to Kevin Leighton 1982 - Graham Stoll - Peter Brennan (Melbourne, Australia) - Ziggy Schueller 1990 - Ken Smith (NZ) 1992 or 1993 - James Boult (NZ) 1996 - Russell Greer (NZ) 1996 - Richard Bendell (Australia) 2001 - Aaron Lewis (Cessnock, NSW, Australia) 2004 - Philip Lewis 2013.
- Begg  (Jim Murdoch): First raced by Jim Murdoch in the New Zealand Gold Star in late 1974, then in the 1975 Tasman series, finishing second in the New Zealand Grand Prix, the 1975-76 Gold Star season, and in the 1976 NZ Internationals. The car was then retired to the Queenstown Motor Museum, where it remained when it was sold to Gavin Bain (Christchurch) in the late 1980s. It was later sold to Phil Mauger (Christchurch) and reappeared in 2004 when raced by him in the F5000 Tasman Revival series. Then to Noel Atley (Invercargill) who raced it in the Tasman Revival series from 2005 to 2009. Sold to Calven Bonney for 2010, and raced by him in the Tasman Revival series until sold to Scott O'Donnell (Invercargill) in 2017. The car will be on display on a regular basis at Bill Richardson Transport World in Invercargill.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
Sources include Autosport, Motoring News, the F1 Register books and Graham Vercoe's books "Historic Racing Cars of New Zealand" and "The Golden Era of New Zealand Motor Racing".
The start point for the 1970 Tasman results was Bruce Sergent's site which contains full reports on all these races. The 1970 results were then augmented by practice times and other information on R1 Levin and R2 Pukekohe (both in Autosport 15 Jan 1970); R3 Wigram (Autosport 29 Jan 1970); R4 Teretonga (Auto News Vol 3 No 14 9 Feb 1970 and Autosport 29 Jan 1970); R5 Surfers Paradise (Auto News Vol 3 No 15 23 Feb 1970 and Autosport 19 Feb 1970); R6 Warwick Farm (Auto News Vol 3 No 16 9 Mar 1970 and Autosport 26 Feb 1970); and R7 Sandown Park (Auto News Vol 3 No 16 9 Mar 1970 and Autosport 26 Feb 1970). Additional qualifying times have been provided by Milan Fistonic.