Guards F5000 Championship round
Brands Hatch, 7 Apr 1969
|1||Peter Gethin||McLaren M10A [M10A-1] - Chevrolet Bartz fi V8
#7 Church Farm Racing Team (see note 1)
|40||1h 03m 00.6s
|2||Keith Holland||Lola T142 [SL142/36] - Chevrolet Traco V8
#63 Alan Fraser Racing (see note 2)
|40||1h 04m 32.4s
|3||Willie Forbes||Lola T142 [SL142/31] - Chevrolet Traco V8
#9 William Forbes (see note 3)
|4||Robs Lamplough||(F5000) 4.7-litre Lotus 43  - Ford Shelby Cobra 289 ci V8
#69 Robert Lamplough
|5||Doug Hardwick||Lola T142 [SL142/22] - Chevrolet Traco V8
#77 Doug Hardwick (see note 4)
|6||Chris Summers||Lotus 24  - Chevrolet V8
#88 Chris Summers
|7||Andrea de Adamich||Surtees TS5  - Chevrolet Bartz fi V8
#16 TS Research & Development Ltd
|8||Horst Kroll||Lola T142 [SL142/38] - Chevrolet Traco V8
#37 Altona Racing Partnership (see note 5)
|9||Ulf Norinder||Lola T142 [SL142/37] - Chevrolet Traco V8
#17 Sportscars Switzerland (see note 6)
|10||Mike Hailwood||Lola T142 [SL142/40] - Chevrolet Traco V8
#21 Paul Hawkins (Racing) Ltd (see note 7)
|11||Jock Russell||(F5000) 4.7-litre Lotus 43  - Ford Shelby Cobra 289 ci V8
#5 Jock Russell
|12||David Hobbs||Surtees TS5  - Chevrolet Traco V8
#15 TS Research & Development Ltd
|13||Bill Brack||Lotus 42B  - Chevrolet V8
#85 Sportscars Unlimited
|14||Mike Walker||Lola T142 [SL142/35] - Chevrolet Bartz V8
#4 Alan McKechnie Racing (see note 8)
|15||Ian Mitchell||(F1) 2-litre BRM P261  - P60 V8
#78 Team Charles Clark
|DNS||Keith St John||(F5000) 4.5-litre McLaren M2B  - Oldsmobile V8
#11 Ken Sheppard
|Did not start
|DNA||Robin Widdows||Lola T142 [SL142/20] - Chevrolet V8
#2 Sidney Taylor (see note 9)
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||Colin Crabbe||BRM P57  - Ford V8
#8 Antique Automobiles
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||Kaye Griffiths||(F5000) 4.7-litre Lola - Ford V8
#10 Kaye Griffiths
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||Bev Bond||(F5000) 4.5-litre Hepworth FF 4WD Special ['1'] - Oldsmobile Traco V8
#18 Team Green Shield Stamps
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||Mike Panico||(F5000) 4.7-litre Lotus 18  - Chevrolet V8
#23 Mike Panico (see note 10)
|Did not arrive|
|DNA||John Scott-Davies||(F5000) 4.7-litre Cooper T66 [F1-2-63] - Ford Shelby Cobra 289 ci V8
#24 John Scott-Davies (see note 11)
|Did not arrive|
All cars are 5-litre F5000 unless noted.
|1||Peter Gethin||(F5000) 5-litre McLaren M10A [M10A-1] - Chevrolet Bartz fi V8||1.30.8|
|2||David Hobbs||(F5000) 5-litre Surtees TS5  - Chevrolet Traco V8||1.31.0|
|3||Mike Hailwood||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T142 [SL142/40] - Chevrolet Traco V8||1.31.2|
|4||Keith Holland||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T142 [SL142/36] - Chevrolet Traco V8|
|5||Andrea de Adamich||(F5000) 5-litre Surtees TS5  - Chevrolet Bartz fi V8||1.34.8|
|6||Mike Walker||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T142 [SL142/35] - Chevrolet Bartz V8||1.35.0|
|7||Ulf Norinder||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T142 [SL142/37] - Chevrolet Traco V8||1.36.8|
|8||Robs Lamplough||(F5000) 4.7-litre Lotus 43  - Ford Shelby Cobra 289 ci V8||1.36.8|
|9||Ian Mitchell||(F1) 2-litre BRM P261  - BRM P60 V8||1.40.4|
|10||Willie Forbes||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T142 [SL142/31] - Chevrolet Traco V8||1.41.0|
|11||Doug Hardwick||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T142 [SL142/22] - Chevrolet Traco V8||1.43.0|
|12||Jock Russell||(F5000) 4.7-litre Lotus 43  - Ford Shelby Cobra 289 ci V8||1.45.8|
|12||Chris Summers||(F5000) 5-litre Lotus 24  - Chevrolet V8|
|13||Keith St John *||(F5000) 4.5-litre McLaren M2B  - Oldsmobile V8|
|13||Horst Kroll||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T142 [SL142/38] - Chevrolet Traco V8||1.51.0|
|14||Bill Brack||(F5000) 5-litre Lotus 42B  - Chevrolet V8||DNP|
|* Did not start|
Notes on the cars:
- McLaren M10A [M10A-1] (Peter Gethin): See full history: McLaren M10A 'M10A-1'.
- Lola T142 [SL142/36] (Keith Holland): New to Alan Fraser for Keith Holland to drive in British F5000 in 1969 and 1970, and by Ray Calcutt when Holland left the team. Then via Harry Linney and Bob Miller to John Bowtell (Witney, Oxfordshire) who raced it in late 1971 and early 1972, entered by Andrew Cavell. Raced at Silverstone in April by Martin Ridehalgh, and by Bowtell again later in the year. To Richard Brown (Chieveley, Berkshire) for hillclimbs in 1973, then to Bob de la Haye for 1974 and 1975. Then unknown until acquired by John Peskett (Leicester) in 1978. Unused and stored until the car was featured on TV program 'Salvage Squad' broadcast in March 2002. Again unknown until advertised by Marcel Roks (Belgium) 2005 (blue with white stripe, #39). To Will Tomkins (Peterborough, Cambridgeshire) 2005 - Roger Deans (Baldock, Herts) 2006 and debuted at Shelsley Walsh in September 2006. See full history: Lola T142 SL142/36.
- Lola T142 [SL142/31] (Willie Forbes): See full history: Lola T142 SL142/31.
- Lola T142 [SL142/22] (Doug Hardwick): See full history: Lola T142 SL142/22.
- Lola T142 [SL142/38] (Horst Kroll): See full history: Lola T142 SL142/38.
- Lola T142 [SL142/37] (Ulf Norinder): See full history: Lola T142 SL142/37.
- Lola T142 [SL142/40] (Mike Hailwood): See full history: Lola T142 SL142/40.
- Lola T142 [SL142/35] (Mike Walker): See full history: Lola T142 SL142/35.
- Lola T142 [SL142/20] (Robin Widdows): See full history: Lola T142 SL142/20.
- Lotus 18  (Mike Panico): Sold new to Chris Summers (Coventry, Warwickshire). Although shown in Lotus records as a F1/2 car, chassis 910 was used by Summers in Formula Junior in 1960. According to Duncan Rabagliati's records, Summers sold the car to Tom Norton who used it for hillclimbs during 1961 using a 1220cc Coventry Climax engine. From Norton it went to Adrian Andrews but he lost interest in the car and sold it in 1964 to Mike Treutlein. Treutlein fitted a 4.7-litre Chevrolet V8 engine driving through an inverted VW gearbox and used it in sprints at Duxford aerodrome. The next owners are recorded as Bill Grabham and Tom Faulkener but soon it was in the hands of Clive Bracey who used it in one race at Brands Hatch but found it unstable and sold it to Mike Panico (Shepton Mallet, Somerset). Panico entered it for a couple of F5000 races in 1969 but later converted it to use a supercharged Lotus twin cam engine and used it in libre racing and in hillclimbs in southwest England, entered by Moff Motors (Castle Cary, Somerset). After sitting in a barn for some years, it was bought by Barrie Carter and then passed via Mark Green to Colin Nursey who took it to Peter Denty Racing for restoration in 2012.
- Cooper T66 [F1-2-63] (John Scott-Davies): New to Rob Walker and entered for Jo Bonnier in F1 in 1963, replacing an older ex-works T60. Retained for 1964 but soon replaced by a Brabham BT11 and used as a spare car with a BRM V8 engine, Its engine and gearbox were then transferred to Walker's ex-works Brabham BT7 and the car was sold to Bill Bradley and then on the John Axon. It was fitted with a 4727cc Ford Cobra V8 and raced in libre very successfully in 1965 and 1966, interrupted only by a heavy accident at Oulton Park in 1965. Sold to Jim Charnock (Liverpool) for 1967 and raced regularly in libre for another two seasons. To John Scott Davies briefly in early 1969 then to Mike Coombe and John Dean who shared it in F5000 and libre in 1969. Sold to Alan Mountain who entered it in libre and hillclimb events for John Lambert (York) in 1971. The engine was transferred into a Leda F5000 chassis and the rest of the car was sold to collector John McCartney. Subsequently via Jim Gleave, Howden Ganley, Hugh Edgely, Peter Bloore, Rod Tolhurst and John Harper to Anthony Mayman in early 1986. Then to Sid Hoole in 1992 and fully restored. Raced in historic events by Hoole for over 20 years.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
1969-1976 UK results have been researched and collated by Chris Townsend based primarily on material in Autosport and Motoring News. Information has been added from the growing collection of entry lists from programs.
All comments, clarifications, corrections and additions are most welcome. Please email Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can help in any way with our research.