Guards F5000 Championship round
Hockenheim, 14 Sep 1969
|1||Trevor Taylor||Surtees TS5  - Chevrolet V8
#25 Team Elite
|2||Mike Hailwood||Lola T142 [SL142/40] - Chevrolet V8
#3 Epstein Cuthbert Racing (see note 1)
|3||Ulf Norinder||Lola T142 [SL142/37] - Chevrolet V8
#17 (see note 2)
|4||Peter Gethin||McLaren M10A [M10A-1] - Chevrolet V8
#7 Church Farm Racing Team (see note 3)
|5||Keith Holland||Lola T142 [SL142/36] - Chevrolet Traco V8
#63 Alan Fraser Racing (see note 4)
|6||Derrick Williams||Lola T142 [SL142/42] - Chevrolet V8
#33 D.J.Bond Racing (see note 5)
|7||Terry Sanger||(F5000) 4.7-litre BRM P83  - Ford V8
|8||Kaye Griffiths||(F5000) 4.7-litre BRP 2 [BRP-2-64] - Ford V8
|9||Mike Walker||Lola T142 [SL142/35] - Chevrolet V8
#4 McKechnie Racing (see note 6)
|10||John Dean||(F5000) 4.7-litre Cooper T66 [F1-2-63] - Ford Shelby Cobra 289 ci V8
(see note 7)
|11||Ian Ashley||(F5000) 4.7-litre Kitchiner K3 [K2/1] - Ford V8
|12||Robs Lamplough||Lotus 43  - Ford V8
All cars are 5-litre F5000 unless noted.
|1||Peter Gethin||(F5000) 5-litre McLaren M10A [M10A-1] - Chevrolet V8||1.56.1|
|2||Trevor Taylor||(F5000) 5-litre Surtees TS5  - Chevrolet V8||1.56.3|
|3||Mike Hailwood||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T142 [SL142/40] - Chevrolet V8||1.57.1|
|4||Ulf Norinder||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T142 [SL142/37] - Chevrolet V8||1.58.9|
|5||Keith Holland||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T142 [SL142/36] - Chevrolet Traco V8||2.00.2|
|6||Mike Walker||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T142 [SL142/35] - Chevrolet V8||2.01.6|
|7||Derrick Williams||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T142 [SL142/42] - Chevrolet V8||2.03.6|
|8||Robs Lamplough||(F5000) 5-litre Lotus 43  - Ford V8||2.08.3|
|9||Terry Sanger||(F5000) 4.7-litre BRM P83  - Ford V8||2.12.9|
|10||Ian Ashley||(F5000) 4.7-litre Kitchiner K3 [K2/1] - Ford V8||2.14.0|
|11||Kaye Griffiths||(F5000) 4.7-litre BRP 2 [BRP-2-64] - Ford V8||2.16.2|
|12||John Dean||(F5000) 4.7-litre Cooper T66 [F1-2-63] - Ford Shelby Cobra 289 ci V8||2.16.5|
Notes on the cars:
- Lola T142 [SL142/40] (Mike Hailwood): See full history: Lola T142 SL142/40.
- Lola T142 [SL142/37] (Ulf Norinder): See full history: Lola T142 SL142/37.
- McLaren M10A [M10A-1] (Peter Gethin): See full history: McLaren M10A 'M10A-1'.
- Lola T142 [SL142/36] (Keith Holland): New to Alan Fraser for Keith Holland to drive in British F5000 in 1969 and 1970, and by Ray Calcutt when Holland left the team. Then via Harry Linney and Bob Miller to John Bowtell (Witney, Oxfordshire) who raced it in late 1971 and early 1972, entered by Andrew Cavell. Raced at Silverstone in April by Martin Ridehalgh, and by Bowtell again later in the year. To Richard Brown (Chieveley, Berkshire) for hillclimbs in 1973, then to Bob de la Haye for 1974 and 1975. Then unknown until acquired by John Peskett (Leicester) in 1978. Unused and stored until the car was featured on TV program 'Salvage Squad' broadcast in March 2002. Again unknown until advertised by Marcel Roks (Belgium) 2005 (blue with white stripe, #39). To Will Tomkins (Peterborough, Cambridgeshire) 2005 - Roger Deans (Baldock, Herts) 2006 and debuted at Shelsley Walsh in September 2006. See full history: Lola T142 SL142/36.
- Lola T142 [SL142/42] (Derrick Williams): See full history: Lola T142 SL142/42.
- Lola T142 [SL142/35] (Mike Walker): See full history: Lola T142 SL142/35.
- Cooper T66 [F1-2-63] (John Dean): New to Rob Walker and entered for Jo Bonnier in F1 in 1963, replacing an older ex-works T60. Retained for 1964 but soon replaced by a Brabham BT11 and used as a spare car with a BRM V8 engine, Its engine and gearbox were then transferred to Walker's ex-works Brabham BT7 and the car was sold to Bill Bradley and then on the John Axon. It was fitted with a 4727cc Ford Cobra V8 and raced in libre very successfully in 1965 and 1966, interrupted only by a heavy accident at Oulton Park in 1965. Sold to Jim Charnock (Liverpool) for 1967 and raced regularly in libre for another two seasons. To John Scott Davies briefly in early 1969 then to Mike Coombe and John Dean who shared it in F5000 and libre in 1969. Sold to Alan Mountain who entered it in libre and hillclimb events for John Lambert (York) in 1971. The engine was transferred into a Leda F5000 chassis and the rest of the car was sold to collector John McCartney. Subsequently via Jim Gleave, Howden Ganley, Hugh Edgely, Peter Bloore, Rod Tolhurst and John Harper to Anthony Mayman in early 1986. Then to Sid Hoole in 1992 and fully restored. Raced in historic events by Hoole for over 20 years.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
1969-1976 UK results have been researched and collated by Chris Townsend based primarily on material in Autosport and Motoring News. Information has been added from the growing collection of entry lists from programs.