Oulton Park, 21 Aug 1971
|1||John Surtees||Surtees TS9  - Cosworth DFV V8
|2||Howden Ganley||BRM P153  - P142 V12
|3||Frank Gardner||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T300 [P] - Chevrolet V8
(see note 1)
|4||Alan Rollinson||(F5000) 5-litre Surtees TS8  - Chevrolet V8
(see note 2)
|5||Chris Craft||Brabham BT33  - Cosworth DFV V8
|6||Mike Walker||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T192 [HU26] - Chevrolet V8
|7||David Prophet||(F5000) 5-litre McLaren M10B [400-04] - Chevrolet V8
|8||Fred Saunders||(F5000) 5-litre Crosslé 15F [C15F/69/42] - Rover V8
|9||Graham McRae||(F5000) 5-litre McLaren M10B [400-11S] - Chevrolet V8
|10||Jean-Pierre Jarier||March 701  - Cosworth DFV V8
|11||Mike Hailwood||(F5000) 5-litre Surtees TS8  - Chevrolet V8
(see note 3)
|33||damaged radius arm following accident|
|12||Bob Miller||(F5000) 5-litre Dulon LD8  - Chevrolet V8
|13||Henri Pescarolo||March 711  - Cosworth DFV V8
|14||Peter Gethin||BRM P160  - P142 V12
|15||Gordon Spice||(F5000) 5-litre McLaren M10B [400-05] - Chevrolet V8
(see note 4)
|16||Tony Trimmer||March 701 [6-2] - Cosworth DFV V8
|17||Brian Redman||(F5000) 5-litre McLaren M18 [500-01] - Chevrolet V8
(see note 5)
|18||Trevor Taylor||(F5000) 5-litre Leda LT25  - Chevrolet V8
(see note 6)
|19||Ray Allen||(F5000) 5-litre McLaren "M10H" [400-06 (B)] - Chevrolet V8
(see note 7)
|20||Mike Beuttler||March 711  - Cosworth DFV V8
|DNS||Jock Russell||(F5000) 5-litre Lotus 70  - Ford V8
(see note 8)
|Did not start
|DNS||Peter Hawtin||(F5000) 5-litre Cooper T90 [F1C/2.69] - Chevrolet V8
||Did not start
|DNSC||John Myerscough||(F5000) 5-litre McLaren M10B [400-18S] - Chevrolet V8
||Did not start (crashed)|
All cars are 3-litre F1 unless noted.
|1||Peter Gethin||(F1) 3-litre BRM P160  - BRM P142 V12||1.24.6|
|2||Henri Pescarolo||(F1) 3-litre March 711  - Cosworth DFV V8||1.25.0|
|3||Howden Ganley||(F1) 3-litre BRM P153  - BRM P142 V12||1.25.0|
|4||John Surtees||(F1) 3-litre Surtees TS9  - Cosworth DFV V8||1.25.8|
|5||Mike Beuttler||(F1) 3-litre March 711  - Cosworth DFV V8||1.25.8|
|6||Frank Gardner||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T300 [P] - Chevrolet V8||1.26.0|
|7||Alan Rollinson||(F5000) 5-litre Surtees TS8  - Chevrolet V8||1.26.8|
|8||Brian Redman||(F5000) 5-litre McLaren M18 [500-01] - Chevrolet V8||1.28.2|
|9||Graham McRae||(F5000) 5-litre McLaren M10B [400-11S] - Chevrolet V8||1.28.8|
|10||Mike Hailwood||(F5000) 5-litre Surtees TS8  - Chevrolet V8||1.28.8|
|11||Trevor Taylor||(F5000) 5-litre Leda LT25  - Chevrolet V8||1.29.0|
|12||Chris Craft||(F1) 3-litre Brabham BT33  - Cosworth DFV V8||1.29.2|
|13||Mike Walker||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T192 [HU26] - Chevrolet V8||1.29.8|
|14||Tony Trimmer||(F1) 3-litre March 701 [6-2] - Cosworth DFV V8||1.31.0|
|15||David Prophet||(F5000) 5-litre McLaren M10B [400-04] - Chevrolet V8||1.31.8|
|16||Gordon Spice||(F5000) 5-litre McLaren M10B [400-05] - Chevrolet V8||1.32.4|
|17||Fred Saunders||(F5000) 5-litre Crosslé 15F [C15F/69/42] - Rover V8||1.34.4|
|18||Bob Miller||(F5000) 5-litre Dulon LD8  - Chevrolet V8||1.37.8|
|19||Jock Russell *||(F5000) 5-litre Lotus 70  - Ford V8||1.39.6|
|20||John Myerscough *||(F5000) 5-litre McLaren M10B [400-18S] - Chevrolet V8||1.39.8|
|21||Peter Hawtin *||(F5000) 5-litre Cooper T90 [F1C/2.69] - Chevrolet V8||1.49.8|
|21||Ray Allen||(F5000) 5-litre McLaren "M10H" [400-06 (B)] - Chevrolet V8||1.41.0|
|22||Jean-Pierre Jarier||(F1) 3-litre March 701  - Cosworth DFV V8||2.14.0|
|* Did not start|
Notes on the cars:
- Lola T300 [P] (Frank Gardner): Called a T242 at first race but this confused FB T240 owners so car renamed T300 for second race. Frank Gardner: UK 1971 (debuted R10 Thruxton 1 Aug). Raced four times before wrecked at Snetterton and replaced with first production T300.
- Surtees TS8  (Alan Rollinson): New for Peter Revson at the 1971 Questor GP then for Alan Roillinson in UK series. To Alan Brodie 1972 and raced by Brodie and by Steve Thompson. To Servis Appliances Racing Team 1973 and raced by Ray Allan early in the season. Then possibly the Robin Darlington car in Sep 1973 Reappeared with Colin Andrews (Banbury, Oxfordshire) 1974, then to Steve Cuff (Frome, Somerset) 1975 for hillclimbs. To Alan Richards (Cheltenham) and used in sprints and occasional hill climbs in 1976 and 1977. Used in sprints and occasional hill climbs by Bob Clapham in 1978 and 1979. Then unknown until sold by Brian Redman to Dave Swigler (Panama City, FL) in 1986. Dave believes Brian got it from Richard Attwood about two years earlier. Retained until Swigler sold his collection to Harin De Silva (Palos Verdes Estates, CA) in 2009. Restored by Virtuoso Performance and first raced at Laguna Seca in August 2011. Also raced in New Zealand in the 2011/12 Tasman Revival series and at the Phillip Island Classic in March 2013.
- Surtees TS8  (Mike Hailwood): Built for 1971 season. Team Surtees (UK) 1971: raced by Mike Hailwood (won on debut; F1 Register also identify this as Hailwood's 1972 Tasman car - Herve Bayard (Belgium) 1972 with works spare car: raced in early UK F5000 races only; used in European Hill Climb Championship and converted one car to Cosworth DFV engine after opening round (finished second overall in championship). Bayard practiced 05 with a DFV at the Rothmans 50,000 on 28 August 1972 but was far too slow to qualify. Subsequent history unknown but possibly the Robin Darlington car in 1973. May have been owned by Alex Seldon at some point. Next seen when acquired by John Foulston in 1989. After Foulston's death, the TS8 passed to Noel Butler 1998. Appeared at Silverstone July 1998. Bought at auction by Robin Darlington 1999. To Mike Wrigley (Ashbourne, Derbyshire) 2002 and then sold to Dr John Monson (Hull) in 2004. Raced by Monson in the HSCC's Derek Bell Trophy (DBT) events in 2005 and 2006. To Stephen Gibson Mar 2007 and raced in DBT in 2008, 2009 and 2010. The car returned to the DBT in 2014 when owned by Chris Atkinson.
- McLaren M10B [400-05] (Gordon Spice): Barry Newman for Howden Ganley: UK 1970 (18 races, five second places) - Gordon Spice: Argentinean GP 1971; UK 1971 (11 races + 1 DNS). Rebuilt as 'Kitchmac' by Tony Kitchiner for 1972 season: driven by Gordon Spice (UK: 7 races + 1 DNS), John Kendall (UK: 2 races; US : 1 race only R3 Watkins Glen), Fred Saunders (UK: 1 DNS only), Alan Rollinson (UK: 1 race only), Roger Williamson (UK: 3 races); UK 1973: driven by Kaye Griffiths ( 1 race only), Richard Knight (5 races + 1 DNS). Not seen again after the end of 1973. It has been reported that this car was wrecked in an accident but it appears to have survived its final race in 1973 intact. Subsequent history unknown.
- McLaren M18 [500-01] (Brian Redman): See full history: McLaren M18 500-01.
- Leda LT25  (Trevor Taylor): Entered by Malaya Garages for Trevor Taylor in the 1971 European F5000 series. New at Monza in June 1971, where Trevor Taylor finished second. Used at the next four races but then heavily damaged in an accident at Oulton Park in October and written off.
- McLaren "M10H" [400-06 (B)] (Ray Allen): Keith Holland's replacement car. Used in the 1971 British F5000 series during which time it was modified along the lines of McRae's successful car. Retained for 1972 but crashed at Brands in April, after which the car was even further modified and dubbed "M10H". By July 1972, it had side radiators, a wedge nose and had been lengthened by 3½in. Sold to Clive Baker August 1972 and raced in the British series in 1972 and 1973. Then via Chris Oates to Spencer Elton (Westbury, Wilts) late 1973 and advertised. To Stephen Cuff (also Westbury, Wilts) late 1973 and advertised with a 5.7-litre Chev Jan to Apr 1974. To Bob Leckie (Aberdeen) for libre racing that summer. Advertised by Leckie in July 1974 but not seen again. Spencer Elton recalls that Leckie converted the M10B to a Skoda Super Saloon. Subsequent history unknown.
- Lotus 70  (Jock Russell): Jock Russell (Ford V8) UK 1970 (debut Mallory Park May 1970), UK 1971, UK 1972 (first rounds only); retained by Russell for many years - Peter Denty (date unknown): restored and raced in UK by Peter's son, James Denty. Raced by James at the Silverstone Classic in 2005 and at Watkins Glen in 2008. Offered for sale by Peter Denty (Thetford, Norfolk) in 2010. Raced again by James Denty at Watkins Glen in 2012 but on behalf of new owner Nick Grewal (Gilford, NH).
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.