Rothmans F5000 Championship round
Mondello Park, 28 Jul 1974
|1||Bob Evans||Lola T332 [HU36] - Chevrolet Smith V8
#9 (see note 1)
|2||Vern Schuppan||Lola T332 [HU37] - Chevrolet Smith V8
#65 Sid Taylor (see note 2)
|3||Chris Craft||Chevron B24/B28 [24-73-07] - Chevrolet Morand V8
#16 (see note 3)
|4||Teddy Pilette||Chevron B28 [28-74-01] - Chevrolet Morand V8
#1 (see note 4)
|5||Damien Magee||Trojan T101  - Chevrolet Smith V8
#27 [AW Brown] (see note 5)
|6||Lella Lombardi||Lola T330 [HU18] - Chevrolet Smith-Oates V8
#208 (see note 6)
|7||Patrick Sumner||Trojan T101  - Chevrolet Smith V8
#35 (see note 7)
|8||Peter Gethin||Chevron B28 [28-74-02] - Chevrolet Morand V8
#8 (see note 8)
|9||Nick Wattiez||Lola T330 [HU16] - Chevrolet Smith V8
#34 (see note 9)
|10||Roelof Wunderink||Chevron B24 [24-73-04] - Chevrolet Morand V8
#43 (see note 10)
|11||Ian Ashley||Lola T330 [HU17] - Chevrolet RES V8
#12 (see note 11)
|12||Tom Belsø||Lola T330 [HU2] - Chevrolet Smith V8
#6 (see note 12)
All cars are 5-litre F5000 unless noted.
|1||Bob Evans||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T332 [HU36] - Chevrolet Smith V8||0.52.8|
|2||Vern Schuppan||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T332 [HU37] - Chevrolet Smith V8||0.53.2|
|3||Chris Craft||(F5000) 5-litre Chevron B24/B28 [24-73-07] - Chevrolet Morand V8||0.53.6|
|4||Peter Gethin||(F5000) 5-litre Chevron B28 [28-74-02] - Chevrolet Morand V8||0.54.0|
|5||Teddy Pilette||(F5000) 5-litre Chevron B28 [28-74-01] - Chevrolet Morand V8||0.54.2|
|6||Ian Ashley||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T330 [HU17] - Chevrolet RES V8||0.54.4|
|7||Roelof Wunderink||(F5000) 5-litre Chevron B24 [24-73-04] - Chevrolet Morand V8||0.54.6|
|8||Tom Belsø||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T330 [HU2] - Chevrolet Smith V8||0.54.6|
|9||Nick Wattiez||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T330 [HU16] - Chevrolet Smith V8||0.55.4|
|10||Lella Lombardi||(F5000) 5-litre Lola T330 [HU18] - Chevrolet Smith-Oates V8||0.55.8|
|11||Damien Magee||(F5000) 5-litre Trojan T101  - Chevrolet Smith V8||0.56.0|
|12||Patrick Sumner||(F5000) 5-litre Trojan T101  - Chevrolet Smith V8||0.56.6|
Notes on the cars:
- Lola T332 [HU36] (Bob Evans): See full history: Lola T332 HU36.
- Lola T332 [HU37] (Vern Schuppan): See full history: Lola T332 HU37.
- Chevron B24/B28 [24-73-07] (Chris Craft): New to VDS for Chris Craft in 1973 UK series, then for Peter Gethin in 1974 Tasman series. Loaned to Adlards Crowne Racing for Craft UK 1974; returned to VDS, converted to B24/B28 specification and used by Vern Schuppan to win at Brands Hatch October 1974. Sold to Tony Dean for the UK and US series in 1975, but confiscated by UK Customs & Excise on its return from the US. Bought by Don Gray (Sittingbourne, Kent) at auction, and raced in UK 1977. To Keith Holland for 1978 Australian Internationals 1978, and sold there to Barry Singleton 1978, who raced it in Australia in 1978/79. To Jim Lowe 1980/81, but crashed at Surfers Paradise in early 1981 and heavily damaged. Wreck sold to Russel Gomersall, then to Peter Phillips, then Laurie O'Neill, then Dr Bill Marshall sometime around 1985. Run in Australian historic racing 1986-1988. To George Parlby early 1990s. To Aaron Lewis (Cessnock, NSW) late 2005, and raced in the F5000 Tasman Revival series from 2006 to 2010. Robert Tweedie (Sydney, NSW) 2012, and raced by his son Tom Tweedie, in historic racing from 2013 onwards. More information about Chevron B24 B24-73-07
- Chevron B28 [28-74-01] (Teddy Pilette): See full history: Chevron B28 74-01.
- Trojan T101  (Damien Magee): See full history: Trojan T101/105.
- Lola T330 [HU18] (Lella Lombardi): See full history: Lola T330 HU18.
- Trojan T101  (Patrick Sumner): See full history: Trojan T101/104.
- Chevron B28 [28-74-02] (Peter Gethin): See full history: Chevron B28 74-02.
- Lola T330 [HU16] (Nick Wattiez): See full history: Lola T330 HU16.
- Chevron B24 [24-73-04] (Roelof Wunderink): Built for 1973 season. VDS for Teddy Pilette: raced in UK 1973 and Tasman 1974 - Roelof Wunderink: raced in UK 1974. Then via Tony Dean to Richard Simms and used in libre racing in 1975 and 1976. To John Lambert (York) 1977: used in hillclimbs in 1978 and 1979. Then via Ian Webb and Alex Seldon to Chris Townrow (Crantock, Cornwall) for sprints in Cornwall and Devon. To historic racer Richard Piper (Greenwich, London) and partner Patric Capon and raced by Piper in libre and HSCC racing in 1983 and 1984. To Dennis Humphries (Canterbury, Kent) and damaged in testing at West Malling airfield. Repaired and sold to John Harper (late 1980s/early 1990s) then via Tony Ingram (Atlanta, GA) and Lee Chapman (New Milford, CT) to Fred Gunther (Trumbull, CT). Later via Vintage Racing Services (Stratford, CT) to Alex Seiler (NY, NY) c1998. Following a restoration, it was raced in VARA events at Willow Springs and Phoenix and driven on occasion by Casey Annis, publisher of Vintage racecar Magazine. In 2000, it was sold to Stan Beck (Seattle, WA) restored again before it was sold on to Miles Jackson (Seattle, WA) in 2006.
- Lola T330 [HU17] (Ian Ashley): See full history: Lola T330 HU17.
- Lola T330 [HU2] (Tom Belsø): See full history: Lola T330 HU2.
The identification of individual cars in these results is based on the material presented elsewhere in this site and may in some cases contradict the organisers' original results.
1969-1976 UK results have been researched and collated by Chris Townsend based primarily on material in Autosport and Motoring News. Information has been added from the growing collection of entry lists from programs.