MidWest Division SCCA Formula B 1966
MidWest saw a boom in Formula C in 1966 and also saw some signs of life in FB, with Hank Candler enjoying great success in his LeGrand.
The only cars to go to the Runoffs were Candler's and Chuck Trowbridge's LeGrands, but Candler failed to start. Both Candler and Trowbridge would later try their hand at Formula A.
|1.||Henry Candler||LeGrand||Colo.||45 pts|
|2.||Chuck Trowbridge||[Elva 300]||Colo.||9 pts|
|3.||Jay Hoke||Elva-Alfa||NeOkla||4 pts|
* Indicates total includes points earned out of home divisions.
|16 Apr 1966||Stuttgart Airport||Arkansas Region|
|30 Apr 1966||Bottomless Lakes||Rio Grande Region|
|28 May 1966||Garden City||Wichita Region|
|18 Jun 1966||Alliance Airport||Colorado Region|
|02 Jul 1966||Ponca City||Oklahoma Region|
|30 Jul 1966||Independence||Kansas City Region|
|20 Aug 1966||Lake Afton||Wichita Region|
|03 Sep 1966||Continental Divide||Colorado Region|
|17 Sep 1966||Mid-America Raceway||St Louis Region|
|01 Oct 1966||War Bonnet||Northeast Oklahoma Region|
Midwest Division sources
Race results for Midwest Division Nationals from 1970 to 1978 have been kindly provided by veteran MiDiv historian Rocky Entriken. We also have some background information from Competition Press up to about 1973, when its interest in such events waned considerably, but we know little of the goings-on away from these events and are are keen to acquire or borrow 1960s, 1970s and 1980s copies of SCCA regional publications from this Division. The key ones are:
- Checkpoint (Kansas City Region)
- Course Record (Arkansas Region)
- The Echo (Southern Illinois Region)
- Exhaust Notes (Nebraska) - full archive available at nrsccahistory.com.
- Gasket Gazette (Oklahoma Region)
- Neokla Observer (NE Oklahoma Region), renamed Sports Car Observer in 1980
- The Offside Undo (Kansas Region)
- Redline (Colorado Region)
- Steerin’ Column (Mid-South Region)
- Wheelspin (St. Louis Region)
- Witches Wail (Wichita Region)
We are also keen to get scans of entry lists from SCCA Nationals for this division.